Thread: 100% protein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arks View Post
    i can't eat meat, fish, chicken none ( i manage to convince myself that meat is bad when i was a kid and now every time i eat meat i fell sick)
    This is silly. Fix it. Your body isn't magically physiologically incapable of processing meats.

That said, if you're hellbent on eating vegetarian, it's entirely feasible to build muscle (as evidenced by vegans like Arian Foster). Whey is excellent, but if you're not eating any slower digesting proteins, using casein as well is important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    p.s. As far as i recall egg is quite high when it comes to good/bad amino acids for muscle building.
    It also happens to be delicious. Raw eggs in protein shakes give them a really nice texture.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arks View Post
    I have a little problem and i hope u guys can help me up,after 1.5yers i manage to win the fight with fat, i lost 30kg in the last 1.5 year and damn i fell good, now im 70kg and according to my doctor im at my perfect weight, now the problem, i still have some fat near my abbs , i want to maintain the weight but i want to lose that fat, the problem is that i can't eat meat, fish, chicken none ( i manage to convince myself that meat is bad when i was a kid and now every time i eat meat i fell sick)

I will start gym next month and i was wondering how can i take my daily protein dose? Should i buy 100% Whey Protein, can that supplement compensate for my lack of eating meat?
    Nuts, whey, beans, milk. In addition. Your body doesn't only need proteins, you need about 1 each lb or 1,5 lb at most. rest is carbs. oats, rice, pasta..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If eating is an issue then supplementing with 100% whey protein (1g of protein / 1lb of goal weight) is perfectly fine. You also should take a multivitamin x2 a day to fill in any gaps not covered by your diet.

Oh great way to lose that abdominal fat;
    3 - 4 work outs a week I am lifting weights or using kettle bells. At the end of my cardio and weight training I complete my core workout. At the start of every workout I complete 10 - 15 minutes of cardio (usually cycling), and prior to leaving the gym I complete another 10 - 15 minutes of cardio (usually cycling).

Day 1
    Bodyweight Crunch - 3 sets - max reps in 1 minute
    Bodyweight Cross Body Crunch - 3 sets - max reps in 1 minute
    Bodyweight Heel Touch - 3 sets - max reps in 1 minute
    Bodyweight Leg Raise - 3 sets - max reps in 1 minute
    Bodyweight Leg Raise (V Formation) - 3 sets - max reps in 1 minute
    Bodyweight Twist - 3 sets - max reps in 1 minute
    Bodyweight Scissor Kick - 3 sets - max reps in 1 minute
    Bodyweight Sit Up - 3 sets - max reps in 1 minute

I do this workout as a circuit in alternating days. From June 28 to July 28 I went from having a belly to abs showing - not cut but showing.

Day 2
    Bodyweight Plank - 3 Sets - 20 Seconds
    From Bodyweight Plank I go straight into Side Plank
    Bodyweight Side Plank - 3 Sets - 10 Seconds
    Bodyweight Scissor Kick - 3 Sets - Max Reps 1 Minute
    Bodyweight Toe Touch - 3 sets - max reps in 1 minute
    Bodyweight Crunch - 3 sets - max reps in 1 minute
    Bodyweight Twist (Russian) - 3 sets - max reps in 1 minute

Everyone will have a varying degree of where their "max reps fall" that's why you can't tell someone to go for 10 or 20. Some people can do more, some less. Either way you want to complete the full 3 sets, doing as many as you can each time. Keep track of how many you do per set / per exercise, and log it every time so you can see the improvement.

If you're interested in gaining lean muscle now I'd suggest adding in a steady 5g of creatine a day plus free weights. Nice thing about lean muscle it gives you that "toned" look rather than the chubby guy who lost some weight but has some extra skin.
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2013-08-27 at 01:54 PM.

Infracted user posted a forbidden topic
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-08-27 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    If you're interested in gaining lean muscle now I'd suggest adding in a steady 5g of creatine a day plus free weights. Nice thing about lean muscle it gives you that "toned" look rather than the chubby guy who lost some weight but has some extra skin.
    In the vast majority of people, while Creatine does voluminise muscle cells with a shit tonne of water, it leaves them looking distinctly less turgid than if that person hadn't been taking creatine. If your goal is to look cut as fuck, creatine isn't your friend. Not past a certain point anyway (you might want this for your bulking phase still). This is why people commonly stop taking creatine and start dehydrating themselves before competitions.

also, something else you mentioned which a lot of people don't realise is that that "one gram protein per pound of body weight" recommendation is really only necessary for intermediate to advanced lifters. It literally takes years of working out before your body becomes accustomed to abnormally large amounts of protein and learns to use it efficiently. Beginners just don't stress their body rigorously enough to need that much protein, nor is their body used to dealing with such large amounts.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2013-08-27 at 04:44 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    only necessary for intermediate to advanced lifters.
    Indeed, even for beginners a 0.7g/1lb is healthy.

Deleted
    Insects are a great source of protein and they cant puppy eye guilt trip you for eating them, you might feel sick for other reasons though

Deleted
    Wow so many good answers, thanks guys , btw im male and here is the program i want to start http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-...-overview.html