Deleted

[ret] feather next patch

Should we hold back at 9 stacks of feather next patch when ES is ready so we are sure we can use ES within the 1 second 10 stack window?

Feather is currently (as of last build, anyway) only stacking to 5 (once every 2 seconds still) instead of 10 (once a second) like other stacking trinkets from t15.

Not sure if this is a bug, or intended, but just FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Feather is currently (as of last build, anyway) only stacking to 5 (once every 2 seconds still) instead of 10 (once a second) like other stacking trinkets from t15.

Does this change anything about the trinket rankings? I currently got LFR talisman, LFR spark and LFR Feather. does it still stay Feather > Spark/Talisman?

No. Feather is now utter crap unless the bug is fixed. LFR RPPM rates are also abysmal, so you'd be well served to get the 522 valor trinket for now. But with 5.4 2 weeks away, it's rather pointless.

Anything from t16 Flex and above will be penalized less than LFR in terms of RPPM scaling, so aim for that as a possibility. I'm not sure what BIS for Ret next tier is, but I'd wager Thok's and the STR CDR trinket both rank high. Since the majority of their effect is passive, the lower scaling of their STR procs isn't as gamebreaking as Spark/Feather (in that their passives aren't the best thing about them, and LFR spark stacks slow as hell).

Come 5.4 you can safely retire your feather.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

Actually just tested it on PTR when I read this. It's stacking to 10, one stack every second for 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Charleslol; 2013-08-27 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charleslol View Post
    Actually just tested it on PTR when I read this. It's stacking to 10, one stack every second for 10 seconds.
    Well then!

So glad they fixed that, as it was a pretty crazy nerf, especially considering the agi and int versions didn't get the same treatment (til now).

Likely will be worth using H/HTF Feather for quite a while then (?), but yes OP you will certainly want to hold ES, when it's relevant, to line up with 9-10 stacks.

As for Prot, we should phase Feather out pretty early, depending on trinket luck.
    20k and counting...

Speaking of Prot Trinkets....

I'm guessing 543 Feather/543 Spark is the best options (disregarding the TF versions of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post
    Speaking of Prot Trinkets....

I'm guessing 543 Feather/543 Spark is the best options (disregarding the TF versions of course)
    For current tier, yes.

Next patch, it will vary a bit based on your raid/progress/preference.

Thoks and Vial will be a strong combo with solid offense and defense, but lacks reforgeable secondaries (meaning low haste). This is augmented by Thok's % multiplier, a bit. Vial also gives you ~25 sec CD on DivProt (with UbS), and 2.5 min GoAK/AD for stronk defenses. Also lowers wings to 2.5 mins, which is...something.
    20k and counting...