Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Kael'thas, Cenarius, and DW children aside, your examples are kinda bad. Well of Eternity happened 10,000 years in the past, so Illlidan was more than alive back then, he has not been resurrected after dying in BT. Anub'arak was technically undead to begin with at the start of WotLK, and it's not like it's hard to re-raise him (though I agree they could have found either a better initial use for him like having him in spider wing over that other random spider lord or to have picked a better boss for the end of ToTC). Ragnaros, already in lore that elementals can't be killed unless they're in their home plane, so by finishing him in Firelands he should be "dead dead" now, and thus could have been re-summoned otherwise like DW did to bring him to Kalimdor.
    How can things be bad examples when they are re-used? And yes, everything you mentioned, all of em had "a reason" or "a way" to return to azeroth once more.. But the fact still remains, it's blizzard that comes up with something and bakes it into the lore somehow to resurrect them (which was the answer to trassk's question)

Have a lovely rainy day!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba View Post
    Clearly Velen just incinerated Garrosh, hence why I don't think I see him there.
    Garrosh: Damn, I killed the crap out of those guys! Damn I'm good!
    Malkorok: Sire, is there anybody else around here that would require some immidiate murder?
    Garrosh: Glad you mentioned, hanging those guys distracted me for a while. Who else do we have alive?
    Nazgrim: Well, there's Velen.
    Garrosh: ???
    Malkorok: ???
    Nazgrim: The omnipotent priest with godlike powers, who restored the powers of the Sunwell?
    Garrosh: ???
    Nazgrim: The Draenei guy
    Garrosh: Ah, right, that's a great point! Okay, let's get him. My sha axe or whatever I'm using requires some blood
    Nazgrim: Okay, we just gonna have to get back to Kalimdor
    Garrosh: Ehh. Okay. Let's make it a quick trip...
    Nazgrim: Not that easy. We'll have to take a ship from this Night Elve port.
    Garrosh: Does it take long?
    Nazgrim: Fucking forever.
    Garrosh: Forget it. Zeala, ready your dragons! We gonna have ourselves a quick flight!
    Zeala: You can't fly on Azuremyst isle
    Garrosh: ...
    Garrosh: You know guys, let's call it a day.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's the multiple timeways that Azeroth's time has. Just like the End Time.
    Having thought about it, the quests seem to be like this: Tinker with the Vision, tinker again, it's almost perfect-use it on a 'devastatating timeway', and finally, it's perfect now, use it in Pandaria and CoT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    how many major villains in wow have come back to life? (Arthas, Illidan, Deathwing, Kael'thas, Cho'gall, Gul'dan, Malygos)

how many heroes have died and not returned? (Cairne, Grom, Lothar, Uther, Doomhammer, Rhonin, Krasus, Aegwynn)

People bitch and complain about there not being enough death, they don't analysis hard enough to whats actually happened in the lore.
    Most of those deaths you listed come from Warcraft strategic games i.e something which minority of players saw? How can I be so sure of that? Do you see all those ancients being mentioned often by general everyday joe playerbase nowadays? me neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Most of those deaths you listed come from Warcraft strategic games i.e something which minority of players saw? How can I be so sure of that? Do you see all those ancients being mentioned often by general everyday joe playerbase nowadays? me neither.
    I'm.. sorry? Are you trying to argue that unless everyone sees the lore character dead it doesn't count as canon?
    #boycottchina

Something I'd like to point out as a consiseeation for everyone - There is a good chance that is the list kf people who will end up deas by the end of this expac. Anduin is still cconsiderd dead, Taran Zhu is also mia after that trailer. There is audio for both Jaina and the blood elf fucker that has them seriously injured/killed. Just something to bring to everyone's attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yllandria View Post
    Something I'd like to point out as a consiseeation for everyone - There is a good chance that is the list kf people who will end up deas by the end of this expac. Anduin is still cconsiderd dead, Taran Zhu is also mia after that trailer. There is audio for both Jaina and the blood elf fucker that has them seriously injured/killed. Just something to bring to everyone's attention.
    First, Anduin is alive and well, he spend sometime with Wrathion and now he is moving to the Timeless Isle. Second, we get a vision of all the faction leaders (minus Velen) and Taran Zhu looking over a dead Garrosh. So, the only dead leader at the end will be Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    The panda population aint that huge also its said the vale will heal in time after the raid but the fat gits will just have to tighten there belts for the time being or move elsewhere

No big lose
    It's not the Pandaren that worry me, they are better survivors then either humans or orcs. It's in fact those two races which are dying from hunger. It's one of the reasons of Garrosh' agression. There is no food. What you see in game is a pis poor version of the actual Azeroth (for the normal comparison, in game Stormwind houses about 500 civillians, the lore Stormwind houses 100.000). And having the vale corrupted by Yshaar, not really sure that will reverse fast enough, I'd expect that to take way to long. Then again yeah it's Blizz who is easily willing to overlook such basic logic.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

So Taran Zhu is up there on the spike, but he was killed in the trailer. Plot twist!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    So Taran Zhu is up there on the spike, but he was killed in the trailer. Plot twist!!!
    He didn't die in the trailer. Sadly, Garrosh is painfully inept at killing annoying characters.

On the plus side, you get to rescue Taran Zhu during the raid.

whats this blank scroll some people are talking about, is it a new short story on WoW's site or something?

Quote Originally Posted by TmrAsakura View Post
    whats this blank scroll some people are talking about, is it a new short story on WoW's site or something?
    It's a short story on battlenet that features the Lorewalkers and goblins. It's worth a read if you haven't yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's very thorough.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How can they claim that they don't have resources to work on things like Gilneas or adding questlines, etc to 5.3 when they're working on destorying stormwind for a stupid vision??!?

Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    How can they claim that they don't have resources to work on things like Gilneas or adding questlines, etc to 5.3 when they're working on destorying stormwind for a stupid vision??!?
    According to what they said in the past, it takes a huge time to make a single quest work. Personally I think this is the biggest flaw in whatever they use to build quests in game if even simple quests are so prone to flaws that they need so much work to get them to work right. Then again no idea how much effort that scene took.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Deleted
    So the Vision is actually indeed Garrosh's heroic phase, according to the front page.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2013-09-02 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    So the Vision is actually indeed Garrosh's heroic phase, according to the open page.
    Fantastic! That should be one hell of a phase!
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    For one thing, it's only one section of SW, and it's for an end game boss fight. Where as they don't want to spend resources on filling Gilneas because they don't have any compelling gameplay to put there compared to other things they could be making for the next expansion.