Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,493
    My guild is going Horde this weekend. Is it because of racials? Yep, that's a pretty big part of it. Is it because most of the good potential recruits explicitly state a preference for Horde? Yep, that's also huge. As Alliance, I can't even do LFR or H-Scenarios or other off-raid activities with my RealID friends because they are all Horde.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014


  2. #242
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,816
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    My guild is going Horde this weekend. Is it because of racials? Yep, that's a pretty big part of it. Is it because most of the good potential recruits explicitly state a preference for Horde? Yep, that's also huge. As Alliance, I can't even do LFR or H-Scenarios or other off-raid activities with my RealID friends because they are all Horde.
    Sounds like you're transferring because horde is unpopular on your realm, which has nothing to do with racials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  3. #243
    Bloodsail Admiral Asheriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,238
    It all depends what you're playing, I guess.

    Alliance racials are amazing when it comes to tanking. Stoneform, passive dodge, extra hit/exp that can be used for defensive stats, etc.

    I'm not exactly sure it makes such a huge difference anyway.

    We don't believe in your Horde or your Alliance. We only believe in undeath.

  4. #244
    You guys need to ask yourselves a question here:
    "Am I in Paragon/Method/etc?" If the answer is "No", then you do NOT need racials to make a difference. You're not a part of bleeding edge competition and you're not gonna get world first. So the miniscule advantage you gain with a racial has no effect on your gameplay whatsoever. If your guild wipes and can't get through a heroic boss it just means you're not good enough yet. Not because you didn't have an orc/troll/whatever in your raid. Face the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    People underestimate what world first guilds do. We did the first six bosses with the same or lower item level than Method, because we didn't do multiple altruns to funnel gear into our mains, even though our jikun kill happened two to three weeks after theirs. If you don't believe me go check wowprogress. I'd argue that having the racials helps more guilds than just the few competing for world first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    You guys need to ask yourselves a question here:
    "Am I in Paragon/Method/etc?" If the answer is "No", then you do NOT need racials to make a difference. You're not a part of bleeding edge competition and you're not gonna get world first. So the miniscule advantage you gain with a racial has no effect on your gameplay whatsoever. If your guild wipes and can't get through a heroic boss it just means you're not good enough yet. Not because you didn't have an orc/troll/whatever in your raid. Face the facts.
    Why won't people read the whole thread before replying. We already stated that it's an issue for at least fifty 25man guilds, which probably includes a good fifty or so 10mans. That's 50 times more than your 2-guilds demographic.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  6. #246
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    It all depends what you're playing, I guess.

    Alliance racials are amazing when it comes to tanking. Stoneform, passive dodge, extra hit/exp that can be used for defensive stats, etc.

    I'm not exactly sure it makes such a huge difference anyway.
    Tank racials hardly matter when our tank sits down on many fights in order to get more vengeance and is quite often the highest DPS in the raid. This magnifies the importance of DPS racials and other items like the DPS legendary meta gem, which every tank takes.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014


  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Why won't people read the whole thread before replying. We already stated that it's an issue for at least fifty 25man guilds, which probably includes a good fifty or so 10mans. That's 50 times more than your 2-guilds demographic.
    It's an issue because you make it an issue. 50 guilds out of how many thousand that are raiding? My two-guild demographic was an example which still stands true. If you're not a part of the world first competition, then who the hell cares if you kill a boss some seconds/minute later than the fastest kill? And if you can't kill the boss at all, then it's because your group isn't good enough for it yet. Remember how shitty gear the people who got world first had? Compare that with yours now. If you can't kill it with several item levels more then tough luck. Don't blame the racials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    It's an issue because you make it an issue. 50 guilds out of how many thousand that are raiding? My two-guild demographic was an example which still stands true. If you're not a part of the world first competition, then who the hell cares if you kill a boss some seconds/minute later than the fastest kill? And if you can't kill the boss at all, then it's because your group isn't good enough for it yet. Remember how shitty gear the people who got world first had? Compare that with yours now. If you can't kill it with several item levels more then tough luck. Don't blame the racials.
    You didn't read the part about having less to equal itemlevel or you chose to ignore it on purpose? Granted, none of the first six bosses were difficult this time around so it probably didn't matter. I'm in no way trying to compare my guild to the top ones, but we still compete againist other guilds and I can't see how that wouldn't make a difference.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  9. #249
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    It's an issue because you make it an issue. 50 guilds out of how many thousand that are raiding? My two-guild demographic was an example which still stands true. If you're not a part of the world first competition, then who the hell cares if you kill a boss some seconds/minute later than the fastest kill? And if you can't kill the boss at all, then it's because your group isn't good enough for it yet. Remember how shitty gear the people who got world first had? Compare that with yours now. If you can't kill it with several item levels more then tough luck. Don't blame the racials.
    I care because the raiding population is now heavily skewed in favor of Horde. It's not just the top 50 guilds, but more like the top 300, and that applies to players like me. I cannot successfully cross-realm recruit, group with my RealID friends, or get pretty ranks on WoL anymore. It's a balance...you tip the scales, it starts tipping more/faster. That trickles down and affects more people than you think.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-08-30 at 11:06 AM.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014


  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    So... you prefer having beastslaying?

    Fine, i'll take your paladins and shamans so you can get more trolls. Hopefully your extra DPS makes up for the fact that now you are 2-tanking everything (no bop remember?)

    Oh, and you are also 3-healing H:25 ToT. You need 2 tanks, 20 DPS so a 5% each gives you another extra DPS and that leaves you 3 spots for healers.

    Please link me your logs of heroic megaera being 2 tanked and 3 healed on 25. I'll wait.

    EDIT: Also while you are at it get logs from primordius, animus, leishen and raden.
    You realise I did say "almost"? Specifically in a normal comp with, say, 2 tanks, 6 healers and 17 DPS, you'd gain 85% of another DPS by having everyone faction change to get beastslaying, minus however many DPS paladins you run. That's ignoring the benefits of other racials, since troll racials aside from beastslaying are more than competitive, which is just another part of how silly it is. Even if you completely removed beastslaying, troll would still be a good race. So yeah, not exactly an extra raider, but close, as I said.

    If you really think "WELL YOU WOULDN'T GET BOP IF EVERYONE WAS A TROLL AND IT'S ONLY 85% OF AN EXTRA PERSON!" is a good counter-argument... well, I'm not sure what to say. 5% increased damage is huge. It is a massively overpowered racial, almost worth an extra raider if everyone picks it up on a beast boss. What other racial comes anywhere near that benefit?

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    If you really think "WELL YOU WOULDN'T GET BOP IF EVERYONE WAS A TROLL AND IT'S ONLY 85% OF AN EXTRA PERSON!" is a good counter-argument... well, I'm not sure what to say. 5% increased damage is huge. It is a massively overpowered racial.
    You can, have that holy paladin go blood elf for the mana regen, it doesn't impact your dps.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  12. #252
    Easy solution. Remove all damage increase racials and change them to utility.

  13. #253
    As I said earlier, the troll racial in particular effects 2 25 man alliance guilds and 1 10 man alliance guild. Unless you are part of those 3 guilds then the racial doesn't even matter.

  14. #254
    HAHAHAHHAH HORDE racials are Overpowered... That's precious... I'll bookmark this thread on the "jokes" section....

    Alliance and their incessant whining to cyberbully Blizzard in making the game unbalanced to THEIR favor...

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  15. #255
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hillsborough, CA
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by warlocx View Post
    Easy solution. Remove all damage increase racials and change them to utility.
    The damage has been done...Most of the good raiders are now Horde and it will likely stay that way. Even if DPS racials disappear, you will still see people switching from Alliance to Horde because the recruitment pool is better and because they are likely to have a lot more Horde RealID friends. The real solution would be to allow cross-faction PVE activity and somehow retain faction based PVP.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    As I said earlier, the troll racial in particular effects 2 25 man alliance guilds and 1 10 man alliance guild. Unless you are part of those 3 guilds then the racial doesn't even matter.
    Hilariously narrow-minded.

    See this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4925251?page=1

    It affects anyone who raids at a high level because the quality of alliance raiding is in MASSIVE decline.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014


  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    You guys need to ask yourselves a question here:
    "Am I in Paragon/Method/etc?" If the answer is "No", then you do NOT need racials to make a difference. You're not a part of bleeding edge competition and you're not gonna get world first. So the miniscule advantage you gain with a racial has no effect on your gameplay whatsoever. If your guild wipes and can't get through a heroic boss it just means you're not good enough yet. Not because you didn't have an orc/troll/whatever in your raid. Face the facts.
    this a 1000 times. even playing the "FOTM" spec is completely irrelevant for most people. just play what you want and don't be a baddy.

  17. #257
    Dreadlord Ninaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    HAHAHAHHAH HORDE racials are Overpowered... That's precious... I'll bookmark this thread on the "jokes" section....

    Alliance and their incessant whining to cyberbully Blizzard in making the game unbalanced to THEIR favor...
    They are in PvE. Even Undead got that shiny new PvE Racial since they only had PvP stuff.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    As I said earlier, the troll racial in particular effects 2 25 man alliance guilds and 1 10 man alliance guild. Unless you are part of those 3 guilds then the racial doesn't even matter.
    Which guilds, and why only those ones?

  19. #259
    horde racials are good in pve while alliance racials are good in pvp that's fair enough.
    and it's not like your raid is gonna need racials to kill a boss, or else is a bad raid.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    They are in PvE. Even Undead got that shiny new PvE Racial since they only had PvP stuff.
    So, lemme understand... Alliance wants to have stronger racials than the Horde both in PvP and PvE? Seems legit.

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •