Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Only a Horde would defend that there racials are OP in pve you can't compare Berserk to Gift of the Naaru dps wise. Oh"HUMANZ HAVE OP PVP RACIALS" well Undead have a similar ability but you never see people complain about that do you? I am all for giving alliance and Horde racial counter parts or something like for example give Worgens a different version of Trolls racials or just remove racials entirely. Just look at how many hardcore Horde raiding guild Min maxers compared to alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Human racial is far better than anything Horde has.
    In pvp to most pvers it is useless. They could remove it all I care try to remove berserk and Blood Fury and watch them whine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    to be honest, the affect racials have aside from undead and human is so minimal, i prefer the alliance racials really. more useful than a small damage increase.

the draenei one kinda sucks, worgens is ok, should be a little bit faster though.

i use shadowmeld a lot on my rogue, acts as a second vanish if you're lucky
    dwarf one isn't terrible, could be a little better though, a bit more damage reduction, but removing bleeds is pretty cool.
    and gnome and humans are both really good.

talking from pvp perspective here.

the only ones on horde i find useful are blood elf and undead. blood elf aoe silence is really good and undeads is of course very good.
    taurens just sucks, it needs to be instant cast and it will be useful.
    orc and trolls are both good for one shot / CD macros,
    goblins, i can't even remember what theres is.

i think all racials should be removed/revamped though, human racial should be base for every race. and any aditional racials should be cosmetic stuff only. like turn orc one into a small buff that increases your size or something.
    dragonmaw - EU

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally all Passive racials stay with the race and Active Racial should be chosen upon Character Creation.

Leave Alliance on Alliance side and Horde on Horde side but let them chose the Active one they want (ie: NE could chose Human Racial. Tauran could choose AOE Silence).

Deleted
    Don´t think there´s so much difference between them x)

Quote Originally Posted by Wokopoly View Post
    spent
    Blizzard isn't as ignorant is they seem, they know full well what they are doing.
    Hi Sephurik

Because they have this really cool disparity:

For half the expansion when you think PvP is the only thing you enjoy, you have Alliance.
    For the time you just get fed up with bots, overpowered class/comps or just have everything you need from PvP, you go back to Horde.

What does doing this entail?
    $30 faction change
    $25 server transfer

That's $55 per character. You changing your mind = another brand new video game purchased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arayaa View Post
    You can't say a flat 5% damage increase on some fights and a haste buff isn't really unfair when it is only obtainable by part the population.
    I wasn't aware you could have an alliance-only wow-account.

Heres the deal: You can either have racials that will always be "so and so has the best racials" or you can have no racials at all. They are impossible to balance without nerfing them to the ground, or homogenizing them to where they are completely uninteresting; and no matter what happens there will always be people on one side or the other who think the other side's is better.

Either accept racials, or advocate for their complete removal.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No they didn't. It may have helped them get world first but for the kills? Yeah right comes to mind.

Anyway OP, I'm glad bosses magically fall over at a much faster rate for you now you have horde racials and that you put efficiency over faction pride (and you seem to very much care about faction pride)

Anyway, off to make a "y r ally racials OP for pvp" whine thread.
    When you are min/maxing then racials are important, it can be the difference between a %3 wipe and a kill, people who don't raid hardcore don't really get to experience this because by the time they get to a boss they overgear it to a stage were they don't even need to play their class correctly, when you are at the stage of trying to squeeze every last bit of damage out to meet an enrage then racials should not be forgotten. On a side note the troll racials are really powerful, having a mini bloodlust through your burst can really boost overall dps and that is not even mentioning the damage multiplier vs beasts.

Microtransaction revenue moreorless. A long time ago GC said he wouldn't have racials in the game if he was designing it from the ground up, as in his hands are tied.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Take a BiS profile of your favorite spec, and SIM it, for every possible racial, both alliance and horde.
    2. For ele shaman the difference was roughly within 0,3% between the best and the worst.

If anything racials are situational and one of the few things left that are not uniformed. There are racials who benefit tanks, those who are good at the start of an expansion (hit or haste), those who are good later on, etc ... I'd love more differences between classes/factions/specs then further give everything to everyone. But then again, I'm one of those people who still think that only shamans should have bloodlust, and who think that paladins should be alliance only, and shamans horde only.

The racials are a notable issue in both competitive PvE and PvP, at times almost game-breaking, but this alone is not considered important enough to require adjusting. If guilds start flooding on the Horde side more than they are now, it might get looked at.

The only real solutions would be to either replace the combat-enhancing racials or make them all identical. The latter is not very exciting, but the former could work out with the replacements being fun cosmetic and flavour racials.

Why get rid of a quasi p2win feature that makes you millions of dollars? I heard humans are pretty good in pvp.

COUGH EMFH COUGH

But if you want to know why racials aren't fixed it's because the real solution is remove them all, but that would upset everyone who has gotten used to them or actually likes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    They make money off it, and who does it matter for? The sub 1% of players doing heroic raids?
    Heroic raiders don't swap faction for racials. Not even most progression raiders do.

World first raiders is what you're thinking of, who are a small fraction even of the above.

If you swap factions for racials and you're not in Paragon or Method or whatever then frankly you're an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Because they have this really cool disparity:

For half the expansion when you think PvP is the only thing you enjoy, you have Alliance.
    For the time you just get fed up with bots, overpowered class/comps or just have everything you need from PvP, you go back to Horde.

What does doing this entail?
    $30 faction change
    $25 server transfer

That's $55 per character. You changing your mind = another brand new video game purchased.
    Because yeah I swap faction every time I'm sick of PVP, because < 1% DPS differential is totally worth it.

Sorry BRB eyes rolled all the way out of their sockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by dudedduu View Post
    Forsaken had two trinkets, humans only have one. It's in no way the same.
    The Human racial, Every Man for Himself: Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects.

The Forsaken racial, Will of the Forsaken: Removes any Charm, Fear and Sleep effect. This effect shares a 30 sec cooldown with other similar effects.

Please. Explain how the Forsaken racial is better. The Human one is a copy of the PVP ccbreaker trinket, while the Forsaken racial only breaks Charm, Fear, and Sleep effects, and puts your PVP ccbreaker trinket on cooldown. Humans have been the single best race to play for PVP for years, even before WotF's nerf. Simply not needing the ccbreaker trinket allows them to wear both the on-use and the proc damage trinkets, and it's not uncommon to see them wearing both the current season, and previous season proc trinkets. As opposed to every other race that actually needs their ccbreaker. How is the Forsaken racial better?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    COUGH EMFH COUGH

But if you want to know why racials aren't fixed it's because the real solution is remove them all, but that would upset everyone who has gotten used to them or actually likes them.

Heroic raiders don't swap faction for racials. Not even most progression raiders do.

World first raiders is what you're thinking of, who are a small fraction even of the above.

If you swap factions for racials and you're not in Paragon or Method or whatever then frankly you're an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Because yeah I swap faction every time I'm sick of PVP, because < 1% DPS differential is totally worth it.

Yeah you go and tell midwinter, dread, burning sensations etc that have changed from alliance to horde in the past few months that they are idiots.

Last time I checked, the worgen racial was still the overall best for DKs unless you are fighting a beast boss. Dunno about others though, but that's already one class out of the way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    COUGH EMFH COUGH

- - - Updated - - -

get a clue bud

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4925251?page=1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Yeah you go and tell midwinter, dread, burning sensations etc that have changed from alliance to horde in the past few months that they are idiots.
    midwinter is still alliance
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Racials should be cosmetic only and not have impact in combat situations.
    Signature in progress...

Let's see. Just pure non-pvp racials.

Dwarven: 1% expertise with 1h/2h maces, 1% expertise with ranged weapons.
    Human: 1% expertise with 1h/2h swords/maces.
    Worgen: 1% crit.
    Gnome: 1% expertise with daggers and 1H swords.
    Nelf: 2% chance to dodge ranged/melee attacks.
    Draenei: 1% hit rating.

Orc: 1% expertise with fists and 1h/2h axes, +4514 AP or 2257 SP for 15 seconds, and +2% damage with DK, Lock, Hunter pets.
    Troll: 1% expertise with ranged weapons, +20% haste for 10 seconds, and +5% damage vs. beasts.
    Goblin: 1% haste.
    Forsaken: Chance on hit 12654 to 14706 Shadow damage and healing.

That's it. Honestly, if you think 1% expertise will REALLY make a difference in your game, Alliance has more races and classes covered. Orcs and Trolls can't be paladins, that's one tank/dps/heal class advantage the Alliance has, since they can already use Shaman. But really, 1% is not a game changer.