Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Yes, you can act all superior that you know everything but you know this is not correct for all classes.

Also temporary haste procs are OP - which is why an int/str/agi proc is the most important raiding prof? Get your arguments together bro this is just embarrassing to read right now.
    You know I meant temporary stat/buff professions, sorry for the typo. Our warlock just dropped blacksmithing for tailoring as another example.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Why are you and most other hunters hardgemming agility then? Makes no sense.
    Because socket bonuses exist and differences in stat scaling changes weights around at different aggregate levels.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-09-03 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Because socket bonuses exist and differences in stat scaling changes weights around at different aggregate levels.
    Right socket bonus. Red = agility, yellow = haste/agi, blue = hit/agi and pure agility in prismatic. That sure sounds like you only go for agility because of socket bonuses. Oh wait no, it sounds like 1 agility is better than 2 secondaries. Different levels of gear may indeed end up in varying results of stat values, but as far as I'm aware hunters haven't ever reached a point of 2 secondaries > 1 agility. So no, worgen racial of 600 crit will not outshine panda racial of 300 agility.

Then why don't you gem agi/crit on reds, pure crit on yellows and crit/hit on blues?

you can still get all socket bonuses that way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Kinda going off-topic but couldn't avoid commentating on your last sentence... Adding more RNG isn't a solution to the problem. You're going to have awesome pulls and meh pulls a lot more than we're seeing now, with no real nerf to the syncing of abilities given that most burst/snapshot happens in the first 10 seconds for most classes.
    Exactly. The solution is to tone down all of these absurd procs and make more consistent/passive trinkets like we had in the past. Alternatively, they could realize that trinkets shouldn't be 20%+ of your DPS contribution from gear and make more sane trinkets.

Panda is not even the best alliance race for my class ignoring the fact that you lose the benefits upon death/resurrection. Worgen is the top hunter race because 600 crit rating is superior to 300 agility.
    No, it isn't. 300 Agi is worth almost 30% more than 600 crit rating for Hunters. Our secondary scaling is among the worst in the game.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2013-09-03 at 11:22 PM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Then why don't you gem agi/crit on reds, pure crit on yellows and crit/hit on blues?

you can still get all socket bonuses that way
    I'd be going full haste in yellows and agi/haste in reds actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Midwinter, Scrubbusters and that 10 man alliance guild. Why? They're the only 25 man guilds competing for top 5~ on a frequent basis. Is this a narrow minded view? Perhaps, but guilds who take 2 months to get to Thok and then can't kill Thok are not being held back by horde racials. For the record I think Thok should be changed. If it was Immerseus or something people wouldn't care, but Thok is very deep into the raid.
    If it wasn't such a massive cost to faction change among other things (like history etc) then SB would had done the faction switch a few tiers ago. We even complained during ptr about the horde troll racial (can check halby's post), and tbh blizzard's post about that only the top does that, just makes it more clear that they accept the risk of the top brass go mostly horde.

edit: oh and the recruitment pool is way bigger on horde side
    Last edited by mmoca05de5a2bf; 2013-09-04 at 07:58 AM.

Deleted
    Midwinter, Scrubbusters and that 10 man alliance guild. Why? They're the only 25 man guilds competing for top 5~ on a frequent basis. Is this a narrow minded view? Perhaps, but guilds who take 2 months to get to Thok and then can't kill Thok are not being held back by horde racials. For the record I think Thok should be changed. If it was Immerseus or something people wouldn't care, but Thok is very deep into the raid.
    I would say most of us would love to be horde, but luun is a big jerk and hates us all. The main problem is that changing to horde on our realm isnt an option so we would have to change realm also. $$$$ wtb 50% off week again

troll is pretty sick.

remember when Orc Warriors could get a flat 50%+ stun duration reduced, good times

Quote Originally Posted by zoomxspec View Post
    I would say most of us would love to be horde, but luun is a big jerk and hates us all. The main problem is that changing to horde on our realm isnt an option so we would have to change realm also. $$$$ wtb 50% off week again
    While the racial imbalance is apparent, I don't think outside of the troll beast racial it actually contributes all that much. A 50k wipe as Alliance would probably mean a kill as Horde, but how often are there 50k wipes happening? It's normally a 20-30 million HP wipe, especially at the health pools HC is tuned at.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I don't think it's worth the time to change, myself. The population is skewed to alliance still so I don't know what you're talking about.
    Have you completely forgot about the top-guilds (kinda, we're talking about all 13/13 hc. Still a minority but far more considerable than the few competing for world firsts) argument or are you ignoring it? Here, I'll phrase it better for you. The quality raiding population is skewed in favor of horde.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-09-04 at 01:11 PM.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

While the racial imbalance is apparent, I don't think outside of the troll beast racial it actually contributes all that much. A 50k wipe as Alliance would probably mean a kill as Horde, but how often are there 50k wipes happening? It's normally a 20-30 million HP wipe, especially at the health pools HC is tuned at.
    Yea, if you're getting 50K wipes on beast bosses this tier there are bigger issues those players need to address. Such as not standing in rock falls, not standing in feed pools, kiting Ice Beams, or interrupting poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Yea, if you're getting 50K wipes on beast bosses this tier there are bigger issues those players need to address. Such as not standing in rock falls, not standing in feed pools, kiting Ice Beams, or interrupting poison.
    Cute because Horde racials such as Berserking and Blood Fury alone could explain that, and actually higher wipes too. Not sure why you'd assume it's beast bosses he's referring to.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Metzen hates Alliance and always will. Its just the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Metzen hates Alliance and always will. Its just the way it is
    The problem with that is that it creates a huge population shift. Since most of the big guilds are moving horde or already are, lots of the smaller guilds follow because there's going to be a bigger pool of raiders to recruit from. Over time this makes alliance raiding at any level more and more difficult since the potential recruit go Horde and find groups much more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Cute because Horde racials such as Berserking and Blood Fury alone could explain that, and actually higher wipes too. Not sure why you'd assume it's beast bosses he's referring to.
    Because beastslayer is the only one that doesn't average out when compared to other gains.

and Alliance have Human racials for pvp

There, it's even. Horde for PvE and Alliance for PvP
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    and Alliance have Human racials for pvp

There, it's even. Horde for PvE and Alliance for PvP
    Except there are more Horde on pvp realms as well and the alliance barely has an advantage in population in high-ranked pvp. Horde racials compete with the human one(which is the racial of a SINGLE alliance race) in pvp and are much better in pve as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wokopoly View Post
    Why hasn't blizzard fixed the racial's so people can play what they want rather than what they need?
    Why wont Blizzard make raids more easy so that I can get teh gud gearz? Boom:easier nerfed up raids
    Well i dont want to be in a guild and raid whenever i want and get teh guder gearz! Boom: raidfinder
    Well Blizzard im bored and cleared your easy raids. Boom: Pokemon
    Well blizz i want my characters to all have the same abilities! Boom: Every character gets redone to look like a big dark grey pixel.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Because beastslayer is the only one that doesn't average out when compared to other gains.
    That's exactly the point. Berserking and Blood Fury are averagely (as in over the entire course of a fight) better than alliance racials, not equal. Keep in mind trolls also get ranged weapons expertise and orcs get axe expertise and pet damage.