Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    That's exactly the point. Berserking and Blood Fury are averagely (as in over the entire course of a fight) better than alliance racials, not equal. Keep in mind trolls also get ranged weapons expertise and orcs get axe expertise and pet damage.
    Except without RPPM mechanics the difference is miniscule even in comparison to other racials. RPPM is being changed to a) not make berserking so good, b) not line up so well, d) make cooldown stacking less effective in general.

I've played as a troll, orc, tauren, now goblin (in that order) - and I have never felt the need that I would even be able to see the dps increase changing would offer before this tier. Due to beastslaying and RPPM, not due to berserking and blood fury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except without RPPM mechanics the difference is miniscule even in comparison to other racials. RPPM is being changed to a) not make berserking so good, b) not line up so well, d) make cooldown stacking less effective in general.

I've played as a troll, orc, tauren, now goblin (in that order) - and I have never felt the need that I would even be able to see the dps increase changing would offer before this tier. Due to beastslaying and RPPM, not due to berserking and blood fury.
    As I said earlier in this thread, this issue effects maybe 60-75 people in the world. You are not one of those people. You shouldn't even be in the thread saying it's fine. A boss with 1.9 billion HP and a harsh berserk and a 5% (call it 3%~) raid wide DPS increase is not significant? You're a fool. Thok is partially mechanical, make him a "mechanical" unit.

Our guild would of killed Lei Shen heroic a week and half before we did if we were horde. +- 6% attempt = kill with horde racials on lei shen.

Deleted
    "horde racials are overpowered" yeah right, look at humans, every human has double dps trinket because they already have a racial trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    A good Alliance player is always going to outperform a bad to alright Horde player. Once you have two evenly matched - and I mean this at an absurdly high level - then racials make a small difference, smaaaalll tinny.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

It's hard to argue that it really matters for anyone outside of the usual list of world first kill guilds. They care enough to take advantage of every potential boost.

For most other people? That little boost isn't worth not playing their favorite race. I've got toons on both sides, but I'd never change my Dwarves and Gnomes to anything. They're my chosen Alliance races no matter how effective or ineffective their racials are.

My Gnome warrior is smarter than your warrior!

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post

The RPPM nerf doesn't make cooldown stacking less effective, it makes it more reliant on RNG. that's two completely different things.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    As I said earlier in this thread, this issue effects maybe 60-75 people in the world. You are not one of those people. You shouldn't even be in the thread saying it's fine. A boss with 1.9 billion HP and a harsh berserk and a 5% (call it 3%~) raid wide DPS increase is not significant? You're a fool. Thok is partially mechanical, make him a "mechanical" unit.
    That horse was beaten to death like.. a million times already?

Noone is saying beastslaying is balanced, IT IS NOT. PERIOD. Beastslaying should NOT work on raid bosses. Dunno how many times do you need this stated.

Now IGNORING beastslaying (because, as i said before, it should NOT affect raid bosses) the difference with every other racial, be it alliance or horde, is within 0.5% DPS at MOST.

Surely you have some simulations proving that berserking somehow gives 20% more DPS than blood fury? Mind linking them for all to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    That horse was beaten to death like.. a million times already?

Noone is saying beastslaying is balanced, IT IS NOT. PERIOD. Beastslaying should NOT work on raid bosses. Dunno how many times do you need this stated.

Now IGNORING beastslaying (because, as i said before, it should NOT affect raid bosses) the difference with every other racial, be it alliance or horde, is within 0.5% DPS at MOST.

Surely you have some simulations proving that berserking somehow gives 20% more DPS than blood fury? Mind linking them for all to see?
    The difference between an orc and any alliance race of shaman is massive. Just saying.

Not really. Depending on certain class/race combinations you are able to take advantage of CD stacking which leads to a higher differential.

In a vacuum comparing two racials, sure, the difference might be .5%. But not in reality.

Sorry but this makes no sense, world of logs has Alliance (not horde) as the highest DPS, if racials in horde were so "overpowered" as you claim then certainly the DPS meters would prove this, it does not.

There is a certain flaw in your logic.. so to answer the question which as others have pointed out you did already... There is no problem that needs fixing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dysheki View Post
    Not really. Depending on certain class/race combinations you are able to take advantage of CD stacking which leads to a higher differential.

In a vacuum comparing two racials, sure, the difference might be .5%. But not in reality.
    Yup.. in reality its not..

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    bosses. Dunno how many times do you need this stated.

Blood Fury + Command is a .5% DPS increase in a prolonged Patchwerk simulation over Pandaren for me. Because it's an activated burst cooldown, it can be utilized during harsh enrage mechanics, bonus damage situations, tough add phases, etc. The bonus doesn't go away if I die either.

Our lock's troll berserking gave him significantly more Agony (and everything else) ticks on Dark Animus this week on a shorter duration fight, increasing his DPS by over 12%. Even if your own classes's DPS isn't affected as much, your raid as a whole benefits greatly just from overpowered classes reaping the benefits.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-09-05 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Blood Fury + Command is a .5% DPS increase in a prolonged Patchwerk simulation over Pandaren for me. Because it's an activated burst cooldown, it can be utilized during harsh enrage mechanics, bonus damage situations, tough add phases, etc. The bonus doesn't go away if I die either.

Our lock's troll berserking gave him significantly more Agony (and everything else) ticks on Dark Animus this week on a shorter duration fight, increasing his DPS by over 12%. Even if your own classes's DPS isn't affected as much, your raid as a whole benefits greatly just from overpowered classes reaping the benefits.
    Assuming said Troll Warlock has enough gear to be sitting at the 13,737 Breakpoint, you're still making things up.

Simply because Berserking at that much haste isn't enough to reach the next Agony breakpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post

Although I agree that horde racials are stronger than alliance in terms of pve (beast slaying being the main culprit which should be removed imo), the example you provided about your warlock gaining 12% dps from going troll is not a good argument. There are many other factors that you probably do not take into account such as how well he played, ie, did he let his 10 stack agony drop off, etc. The difference between troll over orc is very small for affliction.