Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    In more or less all cases, upper case 'G' God refers to the Judeo Christian deity. However, believing in Odin or any other god makes you a theist rather then an atheist or agnostic, the later two of which prohibits you from holding public office in the listed states.
    Long time lurker, but registered to let you know that this issue was taken to the Supreme Court a long time ago. The ruling was from a case in Maryland, but would cover all of the states and articles you posted earlier.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Torcaso_v._Watkins

Im not allowed to post links yet apparently, but you can still plug that in and get there.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No requirements whatsoever. If the majority of the population believes a high school dropout who immigrated from Mexico three years ago (just giving an example) is suitable for the job, then he should be president. A true democracy allows the people to choose whoever they want for President, provided the President upholds the constitution, etc etc.

But there's no way in hell I'd vote for a high school dropout, just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Why yes it is, why wouldn't it be? It gives 100% proof to my statement "you have to be ok with everything isreal says or does". Do you have proof otherwise?

And Florida being a swing state is laughable. Florida has a large jewish population, most of which are transplants from NYC or as jesse jackson called it "hymie town".

Curious as to why you quoted my name. Are you trying to bring attention to my name for some reason. Am I not an american who has the inalilenable right to disagree with our blind, suicidal support of isreal. Do I have to believe Isreal is an ally of ours when I know they bombed the USS Liberty, had agents who gave nuclear secrets to russia, and other advanced weapons and technology to China.

They don't like me, I don't have to like them. I'm not controlling american foreign policy to our detriment they are. Of course, if you'd go read Findley, Chomsky, and raimundo you'd know that.

- - - Updated - - -

Because he's a patriot, a congressman, and someone who knows what isreal really is. He became anti isreal because of the American isreali political action committee (AiPAC).
    Florida is a swing state. The people moving from other areas is what makes it so.

Themoreyouknow.

Any person naturalized or otherwise that have 18 year citizenship and 15 year residence should fit the bill. What policy they need to support is obviously a very progressive liberal agenda, would truly enjoy to see the political spectrum tilt back over from the extreme right it is at right now. The faster we move away from the teaparty fringe the better it will be for the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Florida is a swing state. The people moving from other areas is what makes it so.

Themoreyouknow.
    Don't worry. They fixed that with gerrymandering and new voting laws . I doubt Florida is a swing state anymore.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Don't worry. They fixed that with gerrymandering and new voting laws . I doubt Florida is a swing state anymore.
    The gerrymandering was in place for the 2012 election. Voters passed a "fair district" amendment in 2010 which offset the absurd gerrymandering they had planned, but it's still not great. It's why Allen West fled his district and decided to run in one that just happened to be vacated by Tom Rooney(who fled to a more friendly district himself).

Voter purging and early voting restrictions are another story...

Edit:
    Originally said voter ID, but that's been in place down here for quite awhile
    Last edited by NYC17; 2013-08-29 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone, but a four year term limit on all offices, should be a prereq.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must not give a damn about stupid things public image, political correctness, or approval ratings. Must be willing to put the country AS A WHOLE as the highest priority and not the half of the country that (s)he agrees with. A willingness to tell people to who are wrong to shut up or stop being stupid. Able to grasp the concept "God doesn't run this country, so he can GTFO of the White House."

TL : DR - Must be Dr. House.

(Metaphorically, of course.)

Furthermore, term length must be extended to 10 years.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2013-08-29 at 06:15 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Citizenship, not a felon and max age of 50 is what pops into my head at the moment.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Which version? The earlier one where he was actually interesting or the conservative wet dream Clancy turned him into in the later books?
    the second version especially from "locked on" onward
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to look professional and normal while at the same time being creepy and unsettling.

For example look at this guy:

He looks rather normal, but at the same time there is just something off about him. Something that makes you uneasy, but you can't put your finger on it; it is almost as if his smile is drawing you into a trap.

Basically to be a presidential candidate you need to be a trap card.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Should NOT be elected, but randomly chosen for a four year term.

Requirements to be in the random pool:

Over 40 years of age.
    College education (bachelors or better).
    Significant work history with growing responsibilities, including management experience.
    No criminal background.
    (I hate to say it, but) You must not look freakish (I know, that is a very, very slippery slope)

The people who choose to run for the office of President are the very people who we should not elect.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I'd love to see an agnostic or atheist President (and a gay President as well), but I don't think they're electable in our current climate.
    No, you should not. Because Atheists who are remotely popular are beyond mean. I have not yet seen any popular atheist who is not a dick. Giving a powerful dick this position is not a wise idea. But if someone runs from the every day people, He will have my vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The same could be said of Pakistan. The truth of the matter is that Israel serves as a useful proxy for US interests in the Middle East; they're a western democratic republic and a formidable force with US backing.
    I believe Turkey and Jordan would serve as that role as well. I do not like how much influence they have over us. U.S. interest should always come first. And since no alliance is truely forever, I won't mind cosing up with Iran. I would not trust them, but they are powerful in the region, could be valuable "allies".

Race: I don't care. Just don't try and identify with others over it or use it for a superiority or persecution complex.

Sexuality: See race.

Religious preference: See race so long as they keep their religious views out of politics.

Business background: See race so long as they have put their job and their employees first and not himself. IE: If he was outsourcing jobs overseas, he is not acceptable, if he was destroying the lives of his employees while voting himself pay raises, he is not acceptable.

Views towards abortion: Avoids this and if this is a major factor you choose when voting please become more politically active over real issues as you are piss poor at the moment. But complex issue and on a personal note I couldn't really allow it to be a factor for the president.

Views towards gay marriage: Pro gay rights (I am a heterosexual but equal rights is equal rights so long as they are of sound mind, no half stepping) but doesn't hedge his entire campaign on this.

Views towards legalizing pot: Legalize it and heavily tax and regulate it (I am a non-smoker but I see nothing but wrong with the current setup) and again, doesn't hedge his entire campaign on this.

Views towards gun control: Stops trying to take our rights to bare arms and recognizes it is there for a reason.

For: Public Healthcare (IE Single payer), fixing minimum wage to reasonable levels and requiring jobs to actually do their jobs to their employees and reigning the out of control power from the elites, taking the money out of politics, getting control of the military and putting them back to task at what they were created to do, we are not the world police, the UN is there for a reason, start throwing their weight around in there to get the stuff done, closes private prisons and removing the profit motive for it, putting the military back in control of making their own equipment and kicking private contracts out of it getting the military spending back under control. Patent and Copyright reform....

This just off the top of my head.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Race: I don't care. Just don't try and identify with others over it or use it for a superiority or persecution complex.

Sexuality: See race.

Religious preference: See race so long as they keep their religious views out of politics.

Business background: See race so long as they have put their job and their employees first and not himself. IE: If he was outsourcing jobs overseas, he is not acceptable, if he was destroying the lives of his employees while voting himself pay raises, he is not acceptable.

Views towards abortion: Avoids this and if this is a major factor you choose when voting please become more politically active over real issues as you are piss poor at the moment. But complex issue and on a personal note I couldn't really allow it to be a factor for the president.

Views towards gay marriage: Pro gay rights (I am a heterosexual but equal rights is equal rights so long as they are of sound mind, no half stepping) but doesn't hedge his entire campaign on this.

Views towards legalizing pot: Legalize it and heavily tax and regulate it (I am a non-smoker but I see nothing but wrong with the current setup) and again, doesn't hedge his entire campaign on this.

Views towards gun control: Stops trying to take our rights to bare arms and recognizes it is there for a reason.

For: Public Healthcare (IE Single payer), fixing minimum wage to reasonable levels and requiring jobs to actually do their jobs to their employees and reigning the out of control power from the elites, taking the money out of politics, getting control of the military and putting them back to task at what they were created to do, we are not the world police, the UN is there for a reason, start throwing their weight around in there to get the stuff done, closes private prisons and removing the profit motive for it, putting the military back in control of making their own equipment and kicking private contracts out of it getting the military spending back under control. Patent and Copyright reform....

This just off the top of my head.
    I agree and disagree with some of your viewpoints, but I'm not sure how opinions on topics can be part of an objective based requirement set.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me;

A citizen of the country for at least 15year
    No criminal record, or maybe just no convictions in the last 15years
    The ability to keep their religion separate from politics
    dragonmaw - EU

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who goes to Moscow, bitch slaps Vladimir Putin, and returns to America by foot/very slow boat and lives to talk about it will meet my requirement.