This American media at its finest

http://www.today.com/news/restaurant...ace-8C11016258

Everything and I mean everything is racial if the person in question is black?

I wouldn't feel comfortable if I'm dining at a restaurant and 25 people form any race suddenly appear and try to sit near me. I want to eat not listen to screaming and stupid stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sells more papers.

The whole thing is stupid. Person stands on another ones foot accidentally. An argument ensues. Person goes into the restaurant with victim outside. Victim gets admitted to the restaurant but the Person requests they don't get seated next to each other.

So, you have an overly stupid person acting childishly (as probably did the other side). They weren't even evicted, they just got delayed entry until another location became available is the way I understand it reading that, they didn't get the first table available due to the request of a current customer. That's just the restaurant acting stupidly, shoulda told the first woman to shut up and deal with it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Sells more papers. Very few newpapers(if any)are actually trust worthy since they are a business trying to make money like any other.
    They sometimes outright lie if the "story" is good enough and thinks it will sell enough to cover the cost of being sued and still make a profit.
    This isn´t true for all media but more then what should be acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is most definitely racism, except it isn't against the black people. It's against what ever race the person is that kicked them out. If he was black this wouldn't have made any news.

25 people in one small area waiting 2 hours for a table. Yeah, I'm sure they were being completely quite and civil without bothering anyone. Race is irrelevant, I'm sure this restaurant was completely just in kicking them out.

Like the title says "American media at its finest." Anything race related is gold to them, and that most definitely includes outraged black people whether it is true racism or not. I'm sure the next step will be the manager apologizing because of the shit storm that will eventually follow if this becomes big.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

Not sure if that will post.

Some people just have too much time on their hands and need to give it a rest. A group of 25 people that want to sit in a restaurant will most likely need to wait until space opens up to accommodate them. If a person has a beef with another customer that they misbehaved with previously, that's on them. If this pastor has the nerve to say hold a discussion group ,I would have made sure his lady friend that had the words with the other person was the first person to speak on why they cannot behave in public?

uhhh Republicans want to go after voting rights of minorities so excuse them for being paranoid

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, Wild Wings. "Popular restaurant chain". I had never heard of em until I started working for them. Obviously, something's missing here. You can assume that 25 people impatiently waiting for seating is going to cause some disturbance. But the single person who felt "threatened"? If this restaurant knew anythign about business, they would have moved that one person and made room for the party of 25. So, really, I'm betting the restaurant is at fault here. Was the single person being racist-ly motivated? Maybe. But it's not really relevant to the story, I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    uhhh Republicans want to go after voting rights of minorities so excuse them for being paranoid
    What in the actual hell does this have to do with the article?

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    plz dont troll me thread

10+ Year Old Account
    ehh thats what it said saw this in local and apparently the lady said she didn't want them near her so the manager went and told the group that, the group protested and it escalated to the point where the manage kicked them out after they waited for 2 hours..... i have to agree it was a tad bit racist this time
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Maybe they were kicked out because they were obnoxious people? Did anyone think about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally everyone in this story is being stupid. The white girl, the black people, Wild Wing Cafe, all of them.

Can't we all just pretend we're mature adults once in awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Literally everyone in this story is being stupid. The white girl, the black people, Wild Wing Cafe, all of them.

Never these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post

No. Maturity doesn't let you sue restaurants or cause racial violence.

So basically, here's what I think happened:

Complaining customer accidentally stepped on one of the group's foots. A few bad apples in the group escalated things, making mean remarks to the complaining customer. The complaining customer cursed at them in response to feeling hurt. The complaining customer thought more about the incident and complained that they felt threatened, as the bad apples escalated the situation over an accident, so who knows what they'd do over being cursed at?

Staff at the restaurant had witnessed the situation and went to speak with the group. The bad apples once again behaved disrespectfully and pulled out a phone to record the conversation, at which point the staff had had enough and asked them to leave.

Upon reviewing their video, the bad apples declined to post it because they realized it would make them look bad. However, being the kind of people (more likely person) they are, they decided to make a ruckus over the incident and allege racism, knowing that the media climate for such things is ripe given recent events.

The restaurant responds with a standard apology, but nobody is fired because they didn't do anything wrong. They then invite the group back to eat free as a token of good will, knowing that holding on to 25 customers is worth it in the end. The bad apple isn't interested in this and demands a public apology because they want attention, despite a public apology having already been issued.

The key piece of evidence in this is a lack of any video or firings.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2013-08-28 at 07:48 AM.