1. #1

    Does Nalak have an Enrage timer?

    Hi I wanted to solo him but not really keen on spanking 300M HP for Hours to detect he has Enrage timer, so maybe anybodyof you knows?
    Sidequestion: Is "Raids and Dungeons" the appropriate Forum section for World Bosses?
    Capitalism, Ho!

  2. #2
    No clue on enrage, but yes this should be the appropiate forum, as world bosses require a raid (usually)

  3. #3
    He might have one, I think all bosses do, to avoid some sort of exploiting. (Eternal Kiting and have guards kill him or something, i dunno)

    Any normal group killing just never met the enrage timer though I think, and i know he's been 5 manned already. So I'm pretty sure that timer is really far away.

  4. #4
    Presumably it's 15 minutes like some other world bosses, though it seems debatable whether you could survive that long trying him, he deals quite a lot of damage to a solo player.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Presumably it's 15 minutes like some other world bosses, though it seems debatable whether you could survive that long trying him, he deals quite a lot of damage to a solo player.
    if someone can selfheal through 1 minute of it, he can through 30 mins.

  6. #6
    You won't be able to solo him, not even because of the HPS required but because of some nasty bug. Don't bother.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    You won't be able to solo him, not even because of the HPS required but because of some nasty bug. Don't bother.
    What bug is this? Generally when I have attempted to solo him, the only thing that gets me is his constant lightning-thing spammage on me (periodic AoE pulse that only hits me since im the only one in combat). Usually last about 2 minutes before I die (G. Druid) to lack of healing.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    What bug is this? Generally when I have attempted to solo him, the only thing that gets me is his constant lightning-thing spammage on me (periodic AoE pulse that only hits me since im the only one in combat). Usually last about 2 minutes before I die (G. Druid) to lack of healing.
    Nalak applies Battle Fatigue on his abilities (don't ask me why, but he does), which pretty much means you don't heal for **********. Otherwise the HPS required would be doable, but it's completely unrealistic for anyone to pump out something ridiculous like 80k+ HPS pre healing debuff.. and Battle Fatigue also gets buffed next patch, so yeah.
    IIRC Frenzied Rejuv ignores healing modifiers(at least it does on Halfus/Cho'gall so I assume it ignores every other one as well) so that may be the exception and why you can survive him for so long but pretty much everyone else dies as soon as cooldowns are down, both from experience and reading around.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    if someone can selfheal through 1 minute of it, he can through 30 mins.
    You're completely disregarding things such as cooldowns aren't you.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Nalak applies Battle Fatigue on his abilities (don't ask me why, but he does), which pretty much means you don't heal for **********. Otherwise the HPS required would be doable, but it's completely unrealistic for anyone to pump out something ridiculous like 80k+ HPS pre healing debuff.. and Battle Fatigue also gets buffed next patch, so yeah.
    IIRC Frenzied Rejuv ignores healing modifiers(at least it does on Halfus/Cho'gall so I assume it ignores every other one as well) so that may be the exception and why you can survive him for so long but pretty much everyone else dies as soon as cooldowns are down, both from experience and reading around.
    Guess that explains why i died so easily when i tried to "solo" for the legendary quest.

    Maybe it's intended? As he drops PvP items he's considered a PvP target and therefore battle fatigue?

  11. #11
    Just in General the Expansion's End is closer than one might think and it will be interesting to Solo Bosses, eith strong Tier16 Gear or Next Expansion. The Gear of Worldbosses will become irrelevent and propably many wil lcease to do WorldBosses cause of that but I will continue to kill them for their Mounts, even if I'm foreveralone. This Thread about Enrage is to see whether the WorldBosses are possible to kill foreveralone mode.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Snip.
    As far as I am aware, it is not frenzied rejuv which ignores healing modifiers. However Nature's Vigil, Renewal and might of ursoc do. Chaining these and using dodge active mitigation while those are down is most likely what you are seeing.

  13. #13
    Nalak does not appear to have an enrage timer.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-08-27 at 10:45 PM.

  14. #14
    Op you're a dk?
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Just in General the Expansion's End is closer than one might think and it will be interesting to Solo Bosses, eith strong Tier16 Gear or Next Expansion. The Gear of Worldbosses will become irrelevent and propably many wil lcease to do WorldBosses cause of that but I will continue to kill them for their Mounts, even if I'm foreveralone. This Thread about Enrage is to see whether the WorldBosses are possible to kill foreveralone mode.
    I was wondering the same. How will we obtain coins to do a bonus roll on World Bosses in the next expansion? (for the current World Bosses). How will grouping be done, cross realm like the rest of Azeroth, except the "new" zones ? WOuld love to keep on farming those bosses in case I can get any of the mounts, but like to know how it'll work. Want to be prepared in case it involves farming/camping.
    Was wondering the same about Brawler's Guild. Will you be able to steamroll bosses if you're 5-10 levels higher next expansion ?
    Was Galleon not soloed few months back by a Paladin on Korean realms ?

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Nalak applies Battle Fatigue on his abilities (don't ask me why, but he does), which pretty much means you don't heal for **********. Otherwise the HPS required would be doable, but it's completely unrealistic for anyone to pump out something ridiculous like 80k+ HPS pre healing debuff.. and Battle Fatigue also gets buffed next patch, so yeah.
    IIRC Frenzied Rejuv ignores healing modifiers(at least it does on Halfus/Cho'gall so I assume it ignores every other one as well) so that may be the exception and why you can survive him for so long but pretty much everyone else dies as soon as cooldowns are down, both from experience and reading around.
    '
    Ah. I remember a similar bug happeneing with the Barren rares. It seemed to happen mostly when a member of the opposite faction engaged combat with the mob. Didn't seem happen with my attempt to solo Nalak though. I'm not sure on FR being affected by healing modifiers myself though- I guess that would explain why my FR heals for 400k on Durumu even though I have that 50% healing debuff on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    Was Galleon not soloed few months back by a Paladin on Korean realms ?
    Its kind of debatable about whether that was a solo. It seemed that there was a disc priest helping the paladin get enough vengeance to the point that his OP self healing/absorbs/damage allowed him to sustain himself, after which the disc priest logged or something.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •