Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pat Robertson Suggests Gays With AIDS Wear Rings To Cut, Infect Others.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3824401.html

"Pat Robertson delved into a discussion about AIDS during a recent episode of "The 700 Club," in which he suggested that infected individuals in cities like San Francisco purposefully infect others by cutting them with special rings."

Lol wtf is this guy on?
    The scary thing is he has a lot of followers.

He also talks about exorcising thrift store clothes so really this is par for the course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, there was that guy who went around stabbing women in the ass for no apparent reason. Some people will do some really sick and scary shit, so if I heard "Man with AIDs uses sharpened ring to infect victims", I would not be even slightly skeptical.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...u-says-report/

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd be more surprised if pat robertson made a claim that didnt reek of fearmongering bullshit, this is pretty standard stuff for him.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I mean, there was that guy who went around stabbing women in the ass for no apparent reason. Some people will do some really sick and scary shit, so if I heard "Man with AIDs uses sharpened ring to infect victims", I would not be even slightly skeptical.

What in the... O_o

Makes you wonder what kind of, well, lack of attention as a child, a person like this probably is trying to make up for.

Or something.

This is weird as shit.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh brother... will they please just put him in a home already? One without microphones, cameras, podiums, or public access in any form.

Always amazes me how people that spout off crazy nonsense manage to somehow end up leaders of people.

Pat Robertson is going to get caught blowing some dude in a bathroom one day. People that talk like this are covering up something.

Guy should be given the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

"Pat Robertson delved into a discussion about AIDS during a recent episode of "The 700 Club," in which he suggested that infected individuals in cities like San Francisco purposefully infect others by cutting them with special rings."

Lol wtf is this guy on?
    Pat Robertson is insane. I mean that completely and totally. Have you ever watched "The 700 Club"? It's one of those things you should get really really stoned and watch. I remember back in the day they used to have people speaking in tongues on there. Mindblowing.

That said, virtually nobody takes anything he says seriously. Well, not nobody. Other extreme crazies do. I'm sure he's not a terrible person or anything like that, but he's off his rocker. And I say this as a Christian and a conservative.

I'm fairly certain that was an episode of Law and Order: SVU. The stabbing women in the butt part, I mean. Although the AIDS one could possibly have been, too.
    Last edited by Sialanne; 2013-08-28 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Multiquoting from iPhone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Guy should be given the death penalty.
    Yeha and all the other people who say stupid shit. Right
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This goes way beyond stupid, I'd say the correct word is insane.

Very misleading title, as I suspect most people won't bother reading the article, they're already on facebook saying "OMG Pat Robertson is telling people with aids to infect others!"

His quote:

"You know what they do in San Francisco? Some in the gay community there, they want to get people. So if they got the stuff they’ll have a ring, you shake hands and the ring’s got a little thing where you cut your finger,” he said. “Really. It’s that kind of vicious stuff, which would be the equivalent of murder.”

Don't get me wrong, he's a giant douchebag, but he's not advocating the spread of aids.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialanne View Post
    I'm fairly certain that was an episode of Law and Order: SVU. The stabbing women in the butt part, I mean. Although the AIDS one could possibly have been, too.
    Check my link, it actually happened!

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

Lol wtf is this guy on?
    Pat Robertson is completely bat-sh*t crazy. Any time he speaks to the media you can bet he's going to say something really, REALLY, dumb (if not totally insane).

I swear this sounds like something Bachmann would say. Clearly Robertson should run for her seat in 2014.

Check my link, it actually happened!
    Oh, I totally believe that. I'm saying it was also an episode of Law and Order. They often pull the ideas for their episodes from true events.

Believe it or not, it is actually something people do. It's not common by any stretch but there is a segment of the population who purposely spread the disease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I misread the OP. I thought Pat Robertson was actually saying that gays should wear rings to infect each other, rather than saying that gays purposely wear rings to infect each other.

I mean both statements are insane, but my original interpretation is a bit over the top, even for Pat Robertson.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I could spin this and say Pat Robertson has caused more damage than people who have been sentenced to death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Okay I misread the OP. I thought Pat Robertson was actually saying that gays should wear rings to infect each other, rather than saying that gays purposely wear rings to infect each other.

I mean both statements are insane, but my original interpretation is a bit over the top, even for Pat Robertson.
    I actually read the same... i was like:

WTF?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!

Oh... that's not what it says... ermm so it says that *read again*

WTF?! THESE'S STILL STUPID!
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-08-28 at 02:58 AM.