Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialanne View Post
    That said, virtually nobody takes anything he says seriously. Well, not nobody. Other extreme crazies do. I'm sure he's not a terrible person or anything like that, but he's off his rocker. And I say this as a Christian and a conservative.
    I depressingly large number of people listen to what he says. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3824401.html

"Pat Robertson delved into a discussion about AIDS during a recent episode of "The 700 Club," in which he suggested that infected individuals in cities like San Francisco purposefully infect others by cutting them with special rings."

Lol wtf is this guy on?
    The scary thing is he has a lot of followers.
    What's so weird about that Oo. We've had people stabbing others with needles, we've had people walk around injecting randoms with heroin, we've had a guy giving people pierces in the highschool bathroom with needles found on the sidewalk...

Do you really think that the world lacks insane people ?

EDIT: I have no fucking clue who that is but it doesn't see that alien of a concept. I live in Romania (guess he's from USA).

It's hilarious, in a really awful way. Pat Robertson is terrible, I have no idea how he could still be on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I have no idea how he could still be on tv.
    Because weak-minded ignorant inbred fuckwads actually believe him.

Wow... why not strap a large cowbell on them and brand the words "UNCLEAN" on them while we're at it!? >_<

Way to set society back several hundred years there, Pat...

EDIT:...OK - I read that article... it's not about calling people out, it's about him stating that "Gays walking around deliberately infecting people with some kind of stinger/needle ring!?!"

Holy batshit...
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-08-28 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    It's hilarious, in a really awful way. Pat Robertson is terrible, I have no idea how he could still be on tv.
    Because he's totally off the reservation. Like I said before, actually watch an episode of "The 700 Club". You'll see why he's still on TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are definitely cases like that, but doesn't have anything to do with the gay community.

I agree with him though on aids being more publicly domain where its necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    What's so weird about that Oo. We've had people stabbing others with needles, we've had people walk around injecting randoms with heroin, we've had a guy giving people pierces in the highschool bathroom with needles found on the sidewalk...

Do you really think that the world lacks insane people ?

EDIT: I have no fucking clue who that is but it doesn't see that alien of a concept. I live in Romania (guess he's from USA).
    The problem is that is not that it have happened (why at least we don't know that), he's saying that people with VIH actually do that, see what's the problem?, is like saying that X group of people are rapists without an argument, he's only insulting them

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that him & other close-minded, hate-filled, bigots & judgmental assholes call themselves Christians...Christ never taught intolerance or hate.

Christianity is supposed to mean Christ-like, & these ideas, concepts, beliefs, based all on HATE & cruel treatment of your fellow man make me sick @ how far from Jesus they've strayed & how twisted they have used his words to their own designs against the ppl he loves~ ALL people~ that make all Christians look like hateful douchebags & make it that much harder to be trusted & thought of as decent, kind & compassionate human beings.

On behalf of all the loving, compassionate Christians, I apologize for yet more hate from this deeply disturbed, demented & misled man.

Please don't use him as the measuring stick against which true Christ-like Christians should be measured against. His views are NOT all Christians' views.
    kintsukuroi
    ‘golden repair’, is the Japanese art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer. The aesthetic philosophy focuses on imperfections rather than attempting to disguise them, with the intention that the piece becomes both more valuable and more beautiful because of its history and for having been broken.

In this case, he is absolutely right. Some people are really that low. People have knowingly infected others with HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. Just for the eviluz.

Actually, there have been AIDS parties in Groningen (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groninger_hiv-zaak) where people did something similar; injecting infected blood into non-infected victims (after having been given GHB). There was also direct rape involved.

There's also been gatherings were the non-infected get voluntarily infected (or tried to); people in those circles refer to HIV as 'the Gift.' I kid you not. The same thing happened with tuberculosis. The disease-ravaged body (pale and gaunt) is somehow perceived as 'beautiful.'

Pat Robertson may be bat-shit crazy, but stuff like this does happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Actually, there have been AIDS parties in Groningen (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groninger_hiv-zaak) where people did something similar; injecting infected blood into non-infected victims (after having been given GHB). There was also direct rape involved.

There's also been gatherings were the non-infected get voluntarily infected (or tried to); people in those circles refer to HIV as 'the Gift.' I kid you not. The same thing happened with tuberculosis. The disease-ravaged body (pale and gaunt) is somehow perceived as 'beautiful.'

Pat Robertson may be bat-shit crazy, but stuff like this does happen.
    Yeah, no one is denying that, but the insanity is in claiming that such behavior is common and accepted among gays.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah, no one is denying that, but the insanity is in claiming that such behavior is common and accepted among gays.
    That's a fair point... But I think 'Pat Robertson is bat-shit crazy' was already covered.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    The problem is that is not that it have happened (why at least we don't know that), he's saying that people with VIH actually do that, see what's the problem?, is like saying that X group of people are rapists without an argument, he's only insulting them
    I admit, I didn't read the article, but read the comments here, including the ones that quoted it.

Nowhere does it appear to me that he is suggesting that *all* HIV positive homosexuals do this, just that some do. This is common and most countries appear to have laws against it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimina...mission_of_HIV). Obviously it's normally done through intentionally not disclosing your positive HIV status.

But as I said, I didn't read the article so I'm not quite sure why someone would bring that up other than for the intention of discrediting people that are HIV positive, in particular those that are homosexual.

Just watched the video to go along with the article, this is just more reason to not listen to HuffPost because they are just as bad with their bias. Here's the fact of the matter: the guy said "Some in the gay community..." Whether you agree with his opinions or ideas, in now way can that be interpreted as "all gays" or "all HIV patients" as some people here are making it sound. There are communities out there who purposely spread HIV. Most do it under permission (it's a form of self-harm) but there are indeed some who seek to spread it without the knowledge of the receiver. Is the part about the ring true? I can't say, but regardless of the delivery method it is indeed something that is happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeha and all the other people who say stupid shit. Right
    It's tormenting to know we can't. Plenty of people are deserving...

Its possible. Its worse than carrying a loaded weapon.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I mean, there was that guy who went around stabbing women in the ass for no apparent reason. Some people will do some really sick and scary shit, so if I heard "Man with AIDs uses sharpened ring to infect victims", I would not be even slightly skeptical.
    There are whackjobs of all kinds. However, Robertson was painting this to be some sort of trend or common behavior, which is the issue.

Not shocking coming from him though. This guy is practically insane is a constant source of wild, offensive statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialanne View Post
    watch an episode of "The 700 Club". You'll see why he's still on TV.
    Easier said than done. I tried, but my hand kept involuntarily changing the channel. I took the batteries out of the remote and switched back manually. A kind looking older gentleman appeared to be attempting to solicit money from me. I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to give this man money. Then he started talking about the bible. I can't remember much about it as he rambled and attempted to get money from me for what seemed like hours. I don't know exactly what happened but eventually I blacked out. I woke up in my backyard, completely naked except for a shower curtain. A few weeks later I got my credit card statement. During the blackout, I had donated to something called the 700 Club. I sold my TV that day. I feel so violated and feel this urge to donate and watch more to this day.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Just watched the video to go along with the article
    As a FYI, the online version is heavily edited. This par for the course when it comes to his show, as he regularly says pretty fucked up things.

And for the record, saying "some in the X community" does not give you a free pass to stay stupid shit. The percentage of people who willfully transmit the HIV virus is so ridiculously small that it's not even worth talking about as any sort of "trend".