Good combo with a barbarian?

So my friend is enjoying this game alot as barbarian. Just hulk smash is his style, always has been.

Unfortunately he doesn't own the full game yet, but I'm going to gift it to him sometime next week as his birthday was last week.

We played on starter edition accounts, I was wizard. It felt enjoyable, but man was he just cleaving so fast.

So what combos well so we can utilize his aoe damage. I was thinking monk since he can pull enemies in, then he just BOOM! Kind of deal.

I intend to at least have us on mp5 if not higher while leveling, its great exp, semi decent drops. I generally do mp10 when leveling for the fun & challenge.

Any ideas for a good combo? PvE if you didn't understand that, while leveling.

When I'm playing my Barbarian with any friends that play Ranged it just feels like most everything dies before I can even touch it. So to make sure both you and him are enjoying AND so you can support him to I'd say Monk would be great if you enjoy melee. That's my personal take on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you feel like playing.

what's the point in rolling a class if you're not going to have fun playing it?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Barbarians benefit most from solo playing. The more monsters around the more rage and dps. When you play with someone they will finish off monsters instead of leaving them to die in cyclones - a waste of time and rage.

Monk will give barbarian 25-30% dps and will be able to run at his speed with inna set and fists of thunder teleport.
    Ranged classes will do higher dps in average and it can help in tricky situations like elites with bad suffixes on high MPs.

Two barbarians is a viable choice but keep in mind that barbarian buffs don't stuck. I.e. you can't use one buff for resist and another for armor, only one of them will work.

Deleted
    Barb + CM Freeze = GG

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Whatever you feel like playing.

what's the point in rolling a class if you're not going to have fun playing it?
    I like playing alot of things actually. I like change, so I can generally play anything.

As for the others, I considered monk. I'll probably end up with it. Just pull them in, hulk smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Barb + CM Freeze = GG
    A REALLY slow and ineffective way of farming. Unless you want to go 3-5 MP above your gear for some reason.
    And barbarian does not really need CM wizard to farm higher MP. 5-10M barbarian can take 5 elite packs on MP10 and aoe them down solo.

id say best choice would be a monk with a barb. wizzys are nice but they can only freeze shit while it gets killed off by barbs.. sadly as its been pointed out barbs are mostly soloers... but for ubers in mp10 i love duo-ing them with a monk tank friend. he takes care of SB while i kill ZK.

Monk would be your best bet I'd say. With a 4 set of inna plus some other odd pieces you can make an infinite TR build, then you can get the cyclone glyph and you will run as fast (or faster) than your warrior buddy and make tornadoes as well. So you can be twins.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    for challenge-level MP, as in testing your gear limits, best option is a monk with good survivability , as overawe will buff the overall dmg of the both of you by ~30+%, also, cyclone strike really works well with barb smash, after you guys get used to the rythm

Anything with a CM wiz works really. Monks are really good in teamplay as well.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle