Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would personally like a long quest, kind of like Quel'delar.

The quest in a nutshell could be about you finding a Sacred Book of some sorts in a raid boss, you bring it to Northshire for information, you find out it is of great value without really getting to the part where they explain "why" it is.
    You've been followed all the time, blah, blah, consequently the place is attacked and the guy you gave it to has been kidnapped or something.

You quest your way thru a phased Elwynn Forest undertand wtf is going on and to rescue him, etc.
    The main bad guys in the story could be the Scarlet Onslaught, at the end of that quest you manage to free your quest giver and engage a boss based on your Role of choice (slightly harder than Proving Grounds Gold) after you succeed, your quest giver (we'll call him Bob) will tell you they took the Book and that it's importance lies in what is inside, having part of a Naaru within.

To show his gratitude for your aid he rewards you with knowledge to improve your Charger, allowing it to fly.

Now you and Bob return to Northshire and are basically tasked with retrieving the Tome.
    You and him (which will serve as your Tank, Healer, or DPS depending on your role) go thru many scenarios that explain in detail the lore behind Paladins, how the Scarlets came to be and tie up the loose ends of WotLK Onslaught.

Culminating in taking out Bad Guy Number 2 at the end of what was a phased, Scarlet Infested Stratholme (that is hopefully not burning anymore).

You do get your hands back on the Tome and hand it over to Bob but he's bitch like this shit is empty (ok maybe not quite like that), and it no longer contains that essence sealed inside... though in itself this tome is worthless, it feels pure and blessed.
    Excuses to makes you some shit out of it.

Once completed you're awarded a Libram of your choice (out of 3) which displays on the side of your Hip as long as you carry one in your bags, you can buy the remaining ones from Bob in Northshire at the end of the whole quest.

Libram of Sanctity: Beige Tome with Golden Glow, ribbon and details. - Pulsates a Yellow/Gold Crusader Aura under your feet.
    Libram of Devotion: Silver Tome, with Blue Glow, ribbon and details - Pulsates Blue Devotion Aura under your feet.
    Libram of Retribution: Dark-Grey Tome with Crimson glow, ribbon and details - Pulsates Red/Orange Retribution Aura under your feet.

The final part of the quest takes you and some of the Knights of the Silver Hand chasing after the essence, which will be used creatively by a meanie old face (Final Bad Guy) to grant himself power... fluctuating Light and Dark powers... to destroy all the infidels! >.>
    Blah blah, this Boss in essence would be as hard as Kanrethad himself to do.

In the end he dies, for your service and devotion you're admitted in their ranks and bestow a title upon you (of the Silver Hand / Blood Knight / Sunwalker).

Where the boss had fallen lays a shard, glowing with a dim light.
    The council takes possession of it, and though it's essence is weak, to thank you for your efforts, they decide to forge a weapon out of it for you.. a cosmetic Ashbringer.

Yeah, maybe it's too many rewards, yeah I wrote the alliance side only, I'm bored, but not that much.

Tbh i don't think that ashbringer should become available for permament transmogs ever.
    The whole cool factor of "ohh look i have a fucking not corrupted avenger and i will kick your ass for the next 15 sec" will become moot once we see everyone and their mother running around with it (imagine if we could transmog glaves)

Plus i'd imagine devs feel the same way too seeing how they've made no attempts to bring back corrupted ashbringer (i think the only or one of a few unique models out of original naxx that got lost)

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Tbh i don't think that ashbringer should become available for permament transmogs ever.
    I think it should.
    Green fire is as iconic for Locks as the Ashbringer is for us and if that quest has proven something is that not all Warlocks choose to have their fire display as green.

Blizzards decision to make the pinnacle of a Paladin a taboo and unobtainable item sprung from their struggle to keep the game and the lore in the same page.
    It has been a while since they gave up on it and institutionalized the Comics, the game is no longer an accurate depiction of the lore anymore, so uniqueness being restricted to "one" is no longer a factor.

Holy Avenger randomly and inexplicably giving you an Ashbringer is silly, there are different, better, and more constant ways to display a temporary power boost that are much less arbitrary, like glowing blue eyes, consecrated ground, hell even the pulsing aura would do (as long as we still get librams physically)

They didn't being back the tombstone shield, the other 2H mace, or a number of other things. They did actually go back and retexture Claymore of Unholy Might to differentiate it from Claymore of Ancient Power though. Because apparently it's more important and prestigious than Might of Menethil...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    They didn't being back the tombstone shield, the other 2H mace, or a number of other things. They did actually go back and retexture Claymore of Unholy Might to differentiate it from Claymore of Ancient Power though. Because apparently it's more important and prestigious than Might of Menethil...
    Might of Menethil is in Naxx 10 it's called Demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    I would personally like a long quest, kind of like Quel'delar.

[snip]

Yeah, maybe it's too many rewards, yeah I wrote the alliance side only, I'm bored, but not that much.
    Definitely too many rewards, but I really like it. Would obviously need to be tweaked for other races/factions, though, which "would come at the cost of content", etc.

I'd skip the flying charger, as I can't see a way to make it look cool. Add wings? would look a bit bulky. Just runs really fast and jumps? Runs along the sky on magical golden hooves? I dunno, I'll pass on that unless it's something very much fitting.

The libram and associated aura's are def what I had in mind.

Ashbringer is going a bit far, plus it would become way too common methinks. Maybe instead it bestows a new passive; something like "allows your Judgment, Lights Hammer, and Execution Sentence to display an Ashbringer instead of the normal Hammer icon" instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Libram mog to be visible as offhand that makes you swing your 2hander like a 1hander

But to be more serious, make a permanent pulsating aura for each paladin spec : Ret = retribution aura of the past (red/pink) , prot = devo (blue) , holy = some yellow thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a paladin flying mount.

Warlocks have the steed that is ground & flying.
    Death Knights have the ebon wing steed that is ground & flying.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Libram mog to be visible as offhand that makes you swing your 2hander like a 1hander

But to be more serious, make a permanent pulsating aura for each paladin spec : Ret = retribution aura of the past (red/pink) , prot = devo (blue) , holy = some yellow thing.
    I've seriously wanted and would love a graphic/visual only 2h + Libram dual wield. Never something to be mechanic wise, but something for just visuals. For the sweeping strikes you can grab the hilt with 2h and libram still held up, but that'd be too cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post
    Warlocks have the steed that is ground & flying.
    Wait, Warlocks have a flying mount? Since when?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Wait, Warlocks have a flying mount? Since when?
    He propably saw someone with Headless Horseman's mount and thought it was locks steed :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Green fire was for Warlock cause they were underrepresented in the game. Paladins though are overrepresented. So there's really no point in introducing a special quest line for Paladins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    He propably saw someone with Headless Horseman's mount and thought it was locks steed :P
    Haha, yeah, plenty of flying mounts have the "warlock" feel to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Green fire was for Warlock cause they were underrepresented in the game. Paladins though are overrepresented. So there's really no point in introducing a special quest line for Paladins.
    Excuse me? What's this blasphemy you spew?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post

I think the perma aura pulse would get old fast unless the pulse was fairly far between. Then it would just be cool as fuck. For instance I wouldn't want a perma pulse under me on Animus

- - - Updated - - -

BURN THE HERETIC

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying charger. I'd never ever use another mount again if I could get my Argent Charger flying.

More libram choices seem cool too.

Auras though... One or two that pulsed quickly, was only for your character, and had the ability to be switched off so no FPS drop.

Seals ( use to be auras ) are such a core part of being paladin yet they're hardly ever visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    That would be awesome ;-)
    It's still on Blizzard's internal wishlist to add

- - - Updated - - -

Eventually, I think every class should get a cool lore centric special questline. I'll volunteer hunters to be last due to Rhok'delar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

Eventually, I think every class should get a cool lore centric special questline. I'll volunteer hunters to be last due to Rhok'delar.
    I think Rogues can be last due to two legendary sets.

That's my two cents though.

Damn rogues.

What ever did happen to our visable Librams on the MoP beta? Did they just not work/make it? Or did I buy the troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I think Rogues can be last due to two legendary sets.

That's my two cents though.

Damn rogues.

What ever did happen to our visable Librams on the MoP beta? Did they just not work/make it? Or did I buy the troll?
    Well, I meant of those who haven't gotten one. Warlocks got theirs, rogues got theirs with the legendary.
    I could argue staff users got one, but it wasn't class specific, so I'm not counting it.

I talked to Zarhym and some other CMs/Devs at the Blizz booth and they said some cosmetic things like that are something they really want to do. Hunters were supposed to get the quivers showing (or ammo bag at their hip) and librams for paladins as two examples. I would expect it's still in the works, but they may want to get the new models in place and work with them to do it.

They also said they had debated melee weapons for hunters and range weapons for rogue/warriors as cosmetic slots so you could still have the weapons to carry and show off even if you couldn't use them in combat. I wish they had done that.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Might of Menethil is in Naxx 10 it's called Demise.
    That's my point. They didn't go back and change MoM to make it different from the Naxx10 drop, despite it being much harder to get than the original Claymore. Doesn't make any sense.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    That's my point. They didn't go back and change MoM to make it different from the Naxx10 drop, despite it being much harder to get than the original Claymore. Doesn't make any sense.
    Why is this even a problem shit was almost six years ago.

Well, it's a problem when CDev says you can't have an Ashbringer unless you farmed it in TBC, then turns around and puts the hardest weapon to obtain in the original instance, on one of the easiest bosses, and in the 10-man at that. Strikes me as hypocritical, and lame. The change to the Claymore is just more of a "/boggle, really?" moment. Like they changed that, but they didn't change MoM, and the Maul is now a more sought-after item. It's just a wall-banger all around.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2013-08-30 at 06:12 AM.