Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Everquest Next: the new WoW phenomenon?

;;__;;

EQN is nothing special, certainly nothing to be concerned with.

1. Everquest games only attract Everquest players.
    2. This game is the definition of a cartoon-looking game. From now on, anyone saying WoW is cartoonish will look silly, because compared to EQN, WoW is very sleek.
    3. Everquest fans are not very impressed with EQN, and going by my first statement, this means the game will not flourish as they hope.
    4. SoE just laid off about a quarter of their entire staff. Take of that what you will.

Looks stupid imo.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see how long this thread lasts...

Deleted
    Cool but everquest? meh :P

Here we go again... Another MMO that is supposed to "beat" WoW, remember what happened to: Rift, SWTOR, GW2, Tera and a few others I forgot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread 20.000.
    How many games have been as successful as wow that were a MMO(RPG)? Short answer, None.

Why are people still concerned. If WoW ever dies, then it's because WoW died by himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

So much hate...xDDDD I love the fact that the world is made of voxels, they created underground worlds that you can explore just diggin and things like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    So much hate...xDDDD
    Heh.. OP doesn't say anything about killing WoW and people are already on the defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Here we go again... Another MMO that is supposed to "beat" WoW, remember what happened to: Rift, SWTOR, GW2, Tera and a few others I forgot?
    - Rift actually has a lot of players now, even before they went ftp.
    - SWTOR was never going to win. We all knew that.
    - GW2 was never trying to "beat" WoW. They went ftp from the start.

IMO FFXIV has a chance at this point. We're in WoW's decline and FFXIV is getting tons of players.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate cartoony looking games, and WoW is one of them to be honest, but if the engine allow you to have some real fun - a la Minecraft - then it matters much less.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Thread 20.000.
    How many games have been as successful as wow that were a MMO(RPG)? Short answer, None.

Why are people still concerned. If WoW ever dies, then it's because WoW died by himself.
    Out of myself and every other former WoW player who does not currently play that I know of, only one tried another MMO. So I have to agree. WoW is unlikely to pick up a ton of new players at this point so it will last as long as enough current players still enjoy it. I would consider playing WoW again in certain circumstances but I can't think of anything that would convince me to start a new MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly EQN is the first MMO ive been legitimately excited for since i started playing WoW back in 2006. from the little ive seen it looks pretty interesting. i guess ill have to get my hands on it to pass any real judgement though. i dont see it stripping me away from WoW however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    EQN is nothing special, certainly nothing to be concerned with.

1. Everquest games only attract Everquest players.
    2. This game is the definition of a cartoon-looking game. From now on, anyone saying WoW is cartoonish will look silly, because compared to EQN, WoW is very sleek.
    3. Everquest fans are not very impressed with EQN, and going by my first statement, this means the game will not flourish as they hope.
    4. SoE just laid off about a quarter of their entire staff. Take of that what you will.
    Have you seen Wildstar ?that is the definition of Cartoonish... EQ Next is ... well next xD and wow looks photorealistic compared to them both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just no, they've said this about every MMO that would be close to releasing. WoW came out at that right time where MMO's weren't as hot on the market. It blew up because it was an experience like no other. Nowadays? There's barely anything new to bring to the table compared to back then.

I don't think EQNext is poised to be a WoW competitor, beyond being an MMO of course. Isn't it going for a totally different dynamic than the old EQ mentality, which WoW evolved on? I mean... it's like comparing GW2 to WoW; they aren't trying to appeal to the same group of people beyond "Someone who plays MMOs" so there isn't really any competition there, and comparing the two is like saying that Coke-Cola competes with milk because both are something you drink.

Rift and SWTOR were aimed at being WoW competitors, offering the same type of gameplay (Battleground PVP, PVE raiding and dungeons). GW2 was not. From what I've read EQNext is not either.

No one said that the game will "beat" WoW in anyway.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Looks stupid imo.
    Care to elaborate?...

Haven't played Everquest but from the video I really like the sense of mobility you seem to have. I have my eyes set for Wildstar at the moment though, but I will keep an eye on this one as well.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW is currently beating itself by loosing 600k subscribers per quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    IMO FFXIV has a chance at this point. We're in WoW's decline and FFXIV is getting tons of players.
    All new MMOs get tons of players upon release weather or not they hold onto those players 6 months later remains to be seen. The same can also apply to games going free to play they'll get a sudden rush of people checking it out before their interest wanes.