Thread: GW2 PVE Endgame

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

GW2 PVE Endgame

Me and my GF recently started playing GW2 and we really enjoy the leveling so far( at lvl 20 as we speak)

since the game has developed a year now, i was thinking how the game is at lvl 80 if you are only interested in PVE?

There is no end game, its doing exactly what you are doing now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    There is no end game, its doing exactly what you are doing now.
    This is true. I have some level 80s and there is nothing to do at max level. I just abandon them and move onto a new class.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoyed the game thoroughly for 2 months; leveled slowly, explored, leveled professions, did WvWvW, pvp-ed, instancing etc etc.
    Until i hit 80.

At 80, there`s nothing new to do. No progression.
    If you enjoy simple achievements and endless exploration game, then GW2 is for you. Or well, its worth buying the game, but imho nothing will keep you hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Enjoyed the game thoroughly for 2 months; leveled slowly, explored, leveled professions, did WvWvW, pvp-ed, instancing etc etc.
    Until i hit 80.

If you enjoy simple achievements and endless exploration game, then GW2 is for you. Or well, its worth buying the game, but imho nothing will keep you hooked.
    And this is what I also feel like would be the case for me if I tried the game, hench why I didn't buy it. I know some off my friends earliere this year got it, and it didn't seem like they stuck to it for very long.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Ok thanks for that. well, ill just enjoy the leveling and achivement for now. guess the new pve content will be through the expansion? i can see gw1 have quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Until i hit 80.

actually if u like getting new sets of gear there is plenty to do. They have added multiple sets of gear through out the months the fit in with their living story. So if you like the sets there is somthing to shoot for. Also theres new dungeons and events they put in game that are as fun as any other game.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Ok thanks for that. well, ill just enjoy the leveling and achivement for now. guess the new pve content will be through the expansion? i can see gw1 have quite a few.
    ArenaNet has stated the possibility of having no expansion. So it's not set in stone whether or not you will see any, other than that there are regular content updates. I have no idea as to how good they are, haven't played since like Decemeber or January.

Deleted
    endgame in gw2-pve on lvl 80 you can call "Diablo 3d"

Run around and spam aoe spells everywhere and loot. Maby 1% from all your loot is usefull for you.
    Do this all day - be happy
    Last edited by mmoc6f3817dca5; 2013-08-29 at 07:48 AM.

Deleted
    GW2 will never have any "end game".
    There's lots of content to do at 80, and there's more content added every single month - but it's the exact same kind of content that you are doing while you are leveling.
    If you enjoy the gameplay while leveling, you will enjoy it at 80. If you only enjoy the progression, you will not enjoy it once you hit 80.

Deleted
    The endgame in gw2 (and in gw1 for the matter) is getting to max lvl, gear up and then it's all cosmetic. All about making your character look good. They add new content almost every month so really no endgame other than that.

Why have they made it like this? isnt mmo about keeping the player interested. even for a b2p?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not that there isn't thing to do at level 80, there just isn't anything new really. The only things that really opens up at 80 are fractals and crafting a legendary/forge gear. Everything else can be done pre-80 but not as well that for sure. The only thing I hate about fractals is that the make you do every single award level to advance, got old about half way through for me.

Some of the most fun I've had at 80 was doing my jumping puzzle and mini dungeon achievements.

- - - Updated - - -

Why have they made it like this? isnt mmo about keeping the player interested. even for a b2p?
    They do have things to keep you interested, you're just used to raid content, which is the easy way for game devs in my opinion. GW2 gives you a new event every two weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original marketing they started to put out pre launch was all "This is a new direction" "The next generation MMO" turns out that new direction wasn't what a lot of people expected and that is why you have the game in the current state.

I do follow updates etc but this is not a traditional end game style MMO. The best thing about this game for me was the levelling and exploring, hit 80 for a few days then back to wow.

There is no endgame. However, there are still many options of play open to players at 60.

The crux of the Guild Wars series from a design perspective is one of drop-in/drop-out casual play and horizontal goals. One does the same types of activities within the same play structure at level 80 as they did at levels 8, 30, 52 or 76.

None of the Guild Wars games have an endgame. The question isn't suitable to the operation of the series. But there is plenty to keep you playing all the same.

what is "endgame"?

That's exactly what an MMO is about. IMHO, GW2 differs from games like WOW because you need to set your own goals. In WOW, a lot of that is prescribed to you through the gear progression.

The level 80 is an goal given to you when you start but if you do something like PVP then even that is not a goal. Some goals that one could set for yourself when you hit 80:

1) World completion
    2) Complete all of the jumping puzzles (not vistas)
    3) Get to a certain level in PVP or WvW
    4) Get a specific armor set
    5) Get a full set of exotic armor
    6) Get some ascended items
    7) Complete fractals to a high level
    8) Complete all of the dungeons
    9) Complete all of the world bosses
    10) Get a legendary
    11) Complete things like the living story as they come up.
    12) Get your achievement points up to a high level
    13) Collect mini pets
    14) Level alts

Thats just off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    That's exactly what an MMO is about. IMHO, GW2 differs from games like WOW because you need to set your own goals. In WOW, a lot of that is prescribed to you through the gear progression.

The level 80 is an goal given to you when you start but if you do something like PVP then even that is not a goal. Some goals that one could set for yourself when you hit 80:

1) World completion
    2) Complete all of the jumping puzzles (not vistas)
    3) Get to a certain level in PVP or WvW
    4) Get a specific armor set
    5) Get a full set of exotic armor
    6) Get some ascended items
    7) Complete fractals to a high level
    8) Complete all of the dungeons
    9) Complete all of the world bosses
    10) Get a legendary
    11) Complete things like the living story as they come up.
    12) Get your achievement points up to a high level
    13) Collect mini pets
    14) Level alts

Thats just off the top of my head.
    This! been playing a year and haven't achieved half of the things on the list.

I think caring about achievements helps a lot. You do the achievements, play the game, see the content, get rewards.

Working full time and not feeling like playing every day the living story achievements keep me busy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    what is "endgame"?
    If I had to say something fast, Id say longevity off the game. Or just the back-bone off the game. Something that makes you keep playing even after 2 months.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO