Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Play on the days she is working, spend time with her when she is off work?
    That way you got every other day to play games, that should be enough. If you feel like you need to play everyday I think you might want to cut down on it a bit.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

If she words sixteen hours a day, you should have plenty of time to game. Seriously.

I have been with my partner for nearly 10 years now. When we first met, she knew gaming was a massive part of my life, and we adapted around that. Such as getting a sofa and TV where my computer is, having one night a week designated to just us, going out, staying in, whatever.

My advice is be honest with her, no point wasting both of your time. Or are you prepared to give up playing computer games? You're 30 man! Time to give them up? I'm 31 in Nov... I have no plans to... but then again, I don't need to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    If she words sixteen hours a day, you should have plenty of time to game. Seriously.
    "She works 16 hours a day with a free day in between working days."
    It seems like some people in this thread have reading problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    "She works 16 hours a day with a free day in between working days."
    It seems like some people in this thread have reading problems.
    No... I don't have reading problems. She works sixteen hours a day, four days a week. OP's got enough time for gaming as well as spending one extra day with her. I thought my statement obviously implied that.

My girlfriend plays pretty much 9 in 10 games i play, so i play all of those with her or if they're single player we can talk about them too. I don't know how people can have hobbies that their significant other doesn't share. I always feel really guilty or uncaring if i am not spending time with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    So she works 16 hrs/day and you play games all day? Aren't you a catch.

Stick to single player games (not organized raiding clearly), and give her dibs on your free time, don't buy new games/expansions often or at all.

This accomplishes a few things:
    -You are more likely to be bored with the games to some extent making the addiction side less bad. This allows you to get necessary things done.
    -You can clear your schedule when she isn't working.

That's really the key. It won't bother her if you do it this way... who cares if your relaxing solo thing is tv or books or games? Nobody except the crazies... as long as it doesn't have negative impacts on the social calender.

But can you be a hardcore gamer and keep a girlfriend... depends on the girl, everyone has a breakpoint. If she has 3 days off and you are only spending 1 with her, that's going to fall apart in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Hi,

I just turned 30 years old a couple of days ago, I have a pretty normal job , I love games and I've been gaming since I was 7 yo. I have only 2 months of relationship with my girlfriend.

She works 16 hours a day with a free day in between working days.
    We spend time together in her free days, we recently rented a 1 room apartment (bachelor's room) for her to live in , so I can go to her place whenever she's free.

My problem is that I have a gaming addiction and I'm afraid that she will leave me because of this and I don't know how to split my time in a way that she doesn't feel neglected and I get my gaming time.

She doesn't like video games at all but she is understanding and she knows everybody has his/hers hobbies.

Any advices please?
    Hobby is a hobby. Just ensure that anytime she wants to do something with you, you do not put video games before her. You can save your progress in a video game, you can not save your progress and load it up later with a girlfriend.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    My problem is that I have a gaming addiction and I'm afraid that she will leave me because of this and I don't know how to split my time in a way that she doesn't feel neglected and I get my gaming time.
    Your solution is to act like an adult and knock it off.

if she is not understanding now, then she wont later on.

all that will happen is that she will make a bigger deal out of you gaming time.

either get her to play with you or find yourself a new one... OR be ready for a lot of complaining.

It's a matter of priorities. It's normal for people to have hobbies. It's also normal for people to want to spend time with their significant other. When the two conflict, you have to decide which one is more important to you. Now, obviously there's a line. If she were demanding you be at her beck and call and never do anything you like, that's a problem. But assuming she is a reasonable person, the former applies.

I game fairly heavily but I can still get upset at my significant other for gaming IF it conflicts with needed activities (normal responsibilities of life) and takes priority over them. When we are both pulling our weight in the relationship, then game away! If I or my partner desires interaction or intimacy, I would expect the games to take a back seat until I or my partner is satisfied.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Deleted
    Hm, not sure if this will help but here goes - both me and my husband love playing games. We're not addicted, but its our way of spending free time.
    Lately we work much more (less free time) and I noticed that when I have to choose between spending free time with my husband or on playing - I choose to spend time together. I guess when you love someone and you enjoy the together time so much as we do you will simply choose to spend your day off with your GF and not on playing games
    So my advice would be - if you enjoy spending time with her as much as you like playing, simply spend her free time with her and when she is working you can play games