Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    DOn't worry in another expansion where Horde gets Ogre, Alliance gets High Elf and Naga is the Neutral race, Ogres and High Elf can become Druid!
    Were the f***k you get thet information? Can u prove it? Are u nuts? Blizzard never give 3 races for the expansion...

  2. #402
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

    Take the Taunka for example, they don have a harmonious realtion to the elements, they dominate them, but they are still shamans.

    Yeah, but that's what I'm saying, the blood elves don't have a NEED for druidism, practical or spiritual wise. Taunka use shamanism on an aggressive manner because they have to do so in order to survive, and nonetheless shamanism must have come from veneration of the elements as it did with the Tauren, it was only after their living conditions changed for the worse that they started subduing the elements.



    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The blood elves abandoned fel magic years ago, it isn't used to power the city anymore. The elves were always eager to figure out new forms of magic, take the Anima Golems for example.

    Blood as a power source - a very powerful form of life magic. The work of the titans, perhaps? How does it work?
    Aethas, I want our best archmages studying this device at once. We have so much to learn.

    They always try to figure out new ways of magic, which they can use.
    That doesn't change the fact that they did use fel as an alternative to arcane when they saw themselves pressed to do so. This actually relates more to your Taunka example. They don't need to keep doing it tho, that's obvious.

    Indeed, the belves are eager to learn new forms of magic, it's part of their legacy after all; that doesn't mean they should waste time developing schools of magics that won't serve them as well. At best they use druidic knowledgement for their gardening, but not for their "higher magical arts"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Fel magic and arcane magic are not the same thing.

    Illidan promised Kael'thas he could get his people off Arcane magic addiction only to provide them with endless amounts of fel crystals so they could siphon off fel magic, replacing their addiction. Fel magic is even more addicting than arcane magic, which is why you see the withered elves who are fel magic crackheads.

    They do not twist arcane magic into fel. They are 2 different schools of magic.
    When did I even said that?

    I said they started using fel magic as an alternative source of magic when they lost their supply of arcane. Fel is much more addictive and volatile, but the belves did refined it to be as clean as possible.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2013-08-29 at 10:26 AM.

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Night elf mages existed since classic, they weren't playable though, but they were there nonetheless.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Freywinn was a master with potions, so it is not unlikely he unraveled some sort of secret and used a potion to transform. You can't consider him a druid in the classical sense, he was something else and yet similar.

    Just like Sunwalkers and regular Paladins.
    Good enough for me. Blood Elf Druids now, please? ;P

    Avatar by Ely
    My deviantART

  4. #404
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,890
    @chrisisvacant, i'm sorry... but because someone can't prove that your argument is wrong, doesn't mean you're right, actually the one who have to give the source is the one making the claim (you)

    And yes, lorewise, most of the forsakens are shadow priest (there are always exceptions)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Yeah, but that's what I'm saying, the blood elves don't have a NEED for druidism, practical or spiritual wise. Taunka use shamanism on an aggressive manner because they have to do so in order to survive, and nonetheless shamanism must have come from veneration of the elements as it did with the Tauren, it was only after their living conditions changed for the worse that they started subduing the elements.
    Well they could have wanted to learn druidism to take their lands to its former glory... (get rid of the deathscar and clean up the ghost lands)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    Were the f***k you get thet information? Can u prove it? Are u nuts? Blizzard never give 3 races for the expansion...
    YET! TUN TUN TUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

    i have no idea where he get that info, that's most likely a mere opinion on what he think will happen...

  5. #405
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,911
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    The links are still broken. How are links that go nowhere not broken?

    Additionally, he even stated it could use updates. You have yet to inform me what the contents of that page are supposed to disprove in what I stated, though.
    If you are unwilling to read it, then it is your problem you want to stay ignorant and post nonsense on the forum to be honest.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Yeah, but that's what I'm saying, the blood elves don't have a NEED for druidism, practical or spiritual wise. Taunka use shamanism on an aggressive manner because they have to do so in order to survive, and nonetheless shamanism must have come from veneration of the elements as it did with the Tauren, it was only after their living conditions changed for the worse that they started subduing the elements.
    Their land is still quite tainted by the scourge, that alone could be reason enough for some of them to heal their beloved land, as I said numerous times, they don't neeed to be playable, but they should do something about the dead scar.

    To be honest the elves have more of a lore foundation than the trolls had, before they became druids and blizzard introduced a loa in the emerald dream.



    That doesn't change the fact that they did use fel as an alternative to arcane when they saw themselves pressed to do so. This actually relates more to your Taunka example. They don't need to keep doing it tho, that's obvious..

    Indeed, the belves are eager to learn new forms of magic, it's part of their legacy after all; that doesn't mean they should waste time developing schools of magics that won't serve them as well. At best they use druidic knowledgement for their gardening, but not for their "higher magical arts"
    That knowledge can be used to transform Quel'thals and other places they chose to inhabit to something that pleases them, terraforming if you will, it fits their mindset as well, they like nature but obviously like to "improve" it.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2013-08-29 at 03:14 PM.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  6. #406
    Since the horde appears to be all about Blood Elves these days, Lo'themar is the new warchief, why not just give them all class combinations. Its not like you guys actually play any of the other horde races. New xpac- World of Warcraft: Elves and Humans. Not only that Blood Elves and the farthest race away from using nature magic, as has been mentioned over and over.

    What I hear when I read these kinds of threads:
    "Oh yes yes, Werl of Wa-craft, u so awesome. Blood Eef be Druid now! Ooh such good choice! Such good choice! You fuck me! You lika Blood Elf, you fuck me!"

    My response:
    No. Just no.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/stormrage/No_Helmet_Required/

  7. #407
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well they could have wanted to learn druidism to take their lands to its former glory... (get rid of the deathscar and clean up the ghost lands)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Their land is still quite tainted by the scourge, that alone could be reason enough for some of them to heal their beloved land, as I said numerous times, they don't neeed to be playable, but they should do something about the dead scar.

    To be honest the elves have more of a lore foundation than the trolls had, before they became druids and blizzard introduced a loa in the emerald dream.


    That knowledge can be used to transform Quel'thals and other places they chose to inhabit to something that pleases them, terraforming if you will, it fits their mindset as well, they like nature but obviously like to "improve" it.
    Yeah, the healing of the dead scar is actually a pretty good reason why blood elves would want to use druidism, no denying there.

    If they ever do so, it would be the perfect starting point; but at the same time it gives a sound explanation why they should be druids, it doesn't make it an obligation. The Argent Crusade use the help of the Cenarion Circle to heal lands.

    So maybe for the Blood Elves would come to either develop druidism to heal the scar, or outsourcing it to the Cenarion Circle, both would be completely valid lore choices, thus it only depends on the gameplay aspect.

    And if there is plausible lore, I'm all for more variety; you already have the draenei as perfect candidates for druidism for faction balance; they are already goody two shoes with connections to the natural world and a land to heal, it's a no brainer with them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Since the horde appears to be all about Blood Elves these days, Lo'themar is the new warchief, why not just give them all class combinations. Its not like you guys actually play any of the other horde races. New xpac- World of Warcraft: Elves and Humans. Not only that Blood Elves and the farthest race away from using nature magic, as has been mentioned over and over.

    What I hear when I read these kinds of threads:
    "Oh yes yes, Werl of Wa-craft, u so awesome. Blood Eef be Druid now! Ooh such good choice! Such good choice! You fuck me! You lika Blood Elf, you fuck me!"

    My response:
    No. Just no.
    Yeah, if you are not going to add anything of value to the discussion and it's lore possibilities, take your butthurt vitriol elsewhere.

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Since the horde appears to be all about Blood Elves these days, Lo'themar is the new warchief, why not just give them all class combinations. Its not like you guys actually play any of the other horde races. New xpac- World of Warcraft: Elves and Humans. Not only that Blood Elves and the farthest race away from using nature magic, as has been mentioned over and over.

    What I hear when I read these kinds of threads:
    "Oh yes yes, Werl of Wa-craft, u so awesome. Blood Eef be Druid now! Ooh such good choice! Such good choice! You fuck me! You lika Blood Elf, you fuck me!"

    My response:
    No. Just no.
    You didn't phrase this very nicely, but I agree with you that blood elves are vastly overplayed. Hopefully vanilla model updates will balance out the Horde races a bit.

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Their land is still quite tainted by the scourge, that alone could be reason enough for some of them to heal their beloved land, as I said numerous times, they don't neeed to be playable, but they should do something about the dead scar.
    The taint in the Dead Scar is irreversible. This is explicitly discovered while questing in Eversong Woods.

    That knowledge can be used to transform Quel'thals and other places they chose to inhabit to something that pleases them, terraforming if you will, it fits their mindset as well, they like nature but obviously like to "improve" it.
    "Terraforming" and otherwise interfering with nature goes against the very core of druid beliefs.

  10. #410
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,039
    Well they did implement Tauren "Paladins" right? I don't think it would be too much of a stretch (In comparison to Tauren paladins) to use some backwards excuse or reasoning to allow Blood Elf druids. Unfortunately that would just mean that EVEN MORE Horde players would switch to the prettyful Elves.

  11. #411
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The taint in the Dead Scar is irreversible. This is explicitly discovered while questing in Eversong Woods.
    By the means they know, that is correct, but druidic teachings might give them a new insight.


    "Terraforming" and otherwise interfering with nature goes against the very core of druid beliefs.
    Really is that why the Druids tried to change Barrens into a lush forest? Regardless their druids could be like sunwalkers, they are after all no paladins. Not to mention they wouldn't even need to be playable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Well they did implement Tauren "Paladins" right? I don't think it would be too much of a stretch (In comparison to Tauren paladins) to use some backwards excuse or reasoning to allow Blood Elf druids. Unfortunately that would just mean that EVEN MORE Horde players would switch to the prettyful Elves.
    Which is why they shouldn't be playable, but it does not mean they shouldn't exist.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Well they did implement Tauren "Paladins" right? I don't think it would be too much of a stretch (In comparison to Tauren paladins) to use some backwards excuse or reasoning to allow Blood Elf druids. Unfortunately that would just mean that EVEN MORE Horde players would switch to the prettyful Elves.
    It is much more of a stretch when the Blood Elves' background lore centers on them explicitly rejecting druidism in favor of arcane magic. That is the whole reason why they exist separately from Night Elves in the first place.

  13. #413
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    It is much more of a stretch when the Blood Elves' background lore centers on them explicitly rejecting druidism in favor of arcane magic. That is the whole reason why they exist separately from Night Elves in the first place.
    No it is not, they still had a very close connection to nature, they did not worship it. Treants were their allies, Sylvanas decided to stop her retreat, to stop Arthas from corrupting their land and Vereesa can talk with trees for example.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunhither View Post
    For everyone saying Blood Elves can't be druids because of lore....

    http://www.wowwiki.com/High_Botanist_Freywinn

    He's a blood elf druid who also shape shifts during the fight.
    It's not that it's RACIALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a Blood Elf to be a druid. Grimtotem Tauren have mage and rogue-like mobs. The reason they aren't playable is that it's extremely rare in the playable Tauren's society.

    Similarly it's extremely rare for a Blood Elf to be interested in Druidic magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    If Night Elves can play mage (unfair because arcane magic was punished with death by themselves)
    then
    why can't Blood Elves be druids?

    They were both the same race once!

    Trying to come up with a reason not to but that image is too epic..

    If Tauren's can be Paladins I'm not sure why this wouldn't work. I always thought Druidism was more primitive and Paladins were civilized but clearly those stereotypes don't exist anymore in Wow. Oh well.

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    No it is not, they still had a very close connection to nature, they did not worship it. Treants were their allies, Sylvanas decided to stop her retreat, to stop Arthas from corrupting their land and Vereesa can talk with trees for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile of the High Elves
    As the centuries passed, the night elves' new society grew strong and expanded throughout the budding forest that they came to call Ashenvale. Many of the creatures and species that were abundant before the Great Sundering, such as furbolgs and quilboars, reappeared and flourished in the land. Under the druids' benevolent leadership, the night elves enjoyed an era of unprecedented peace and tranquility under the stars.

    However, many of the original Highborne survivors grew restless. Like Illidan before them, they fell victim to the withdrawal that came from the loss of their coveted magics. They were tempted to tap the energies of the Well of Eternity and exult in their magical practices. Dath'Remar, the brash, outspoken leader of the Highborne, began to mock the druids publicly, calling them cowards for refusing to wield the magic that he said was theirs by right. Malfurion and the druids dismissed Dath'Remar's arguments and warned the Highborne that any use of magic would be punishable by death. In an insolent and ill-fated attempt to convince the druids to rescind their law, Dath'Remar and his followers unleashed a terrible magical storm upon Ashenvale.

    The druids could not bring themselves to put so many of their kin to death, so they decided to exile the reckless Highborne from their lands. Dath'Remar and his followers, glad to be rid of their conservative cousins at last, boarded a number of specially crafted ships and set sail upon the seas. Though none of them knew what awaited them beyond the waters of the raging Maelstrom, they were eager to establish their own homeland, where they could practice their coveted magics with impunity. The Highborne, or Quel'dorei, as Azshara had named them in ages past, would eventually set shore upon the eastern land men would call Lordaeron. They planned to build their own magical kingdom, Quel'Thalas, and reject the night elves' precepts of moon worship and nocturnal activity. Forever after, they would embrace the sun and be known only as the High Elves.
    They specifically left because of their conflict with the druids.

  17. #417
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    They specifically left because of their conflict with the druids.
    Does it change the fact, that they still had close ties to nature? Nope it doesn't.

    The elves were allied with the treants of Quel'thalas, watched over the land, their rangers can talk with trees. That alone is more of a lore basis than troll druids had prior to their introduction.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2013-09-04 at 02:02 AM.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    By the means they know, that is correct, but druidic teachings might give them a new insight.
    You think Blood Elves aren't aware of druid magic? They're aware of it. They just don't care about it.

    Really is that why the Druids tried to change Barrens into a lush forest? Regardless their druids could be like sunwalkers, they are after all no paladins. Not to mention they wouldn't even need to be playable.
    And how did that work out for them? Not to mention I'm pretty sure in the Cataclysm quests Naralex explicitly states that it was hubris and a mistake.

    There's also Malfurion's quote from Darkshore:
    "To stand in the way of nature is heresy, even when nature is destructive."
    Druids don't like tampering with nature.

  19. #419
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    You think Blood Elves aren't aware of druid magic? They're aware of it. They just don't care about it.
    That is why rangers are capable to speak with trees, not all of them outright reject it. Heck many of them died to stop the scourge taint from spreading.

    And how did that work out for them? Not to mention I'm pretty sure in the Cataclysm quests Naralex explicitly states that it was hubris and a mistake.

    There's also Malfurion's quote from Darkshore:


    Druids don't like tampering with nature.
    Still they do it all the time, look at the new world tree, or the firelands, blasted lands etc. As I said they don't need to be traditional druids, just like Sunwalkers, who are in no way paladins, by lore definition, but some form of sun druid.

    There is no reason why they couldn't become some form of druids.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  20. #420
    Who says that they have to use nature magic to shift and do their thing?

    Blood Knights aren't technically paladins, nor are the Sunwalkers. And the troll druids don't use the same methods as Nelfs. Why not some arcane druid thing?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •