1. #1
    Field Marshal KoolGuyDags28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    65

    Darkshire portal?

    Wanted to do some world pvp and noticed that there is a portal in the middle of darkshire where a world boss used to be.


    I try and enter it but nothing happens? Is this something we'll see in a future expansion where they open this portal or is it just unfinished?

  2. #2
    Its Left over from the World bosses As these were the locations they guarded that entered the Emeraled Dream.

  3. #3
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,886
    This has been there since vanilla. Its meant to be a portal that leads to the emerald dream, but was never used.

    Blizzard left them there, because.. who knows? Its been debated if there ever visit the emerald dream idea, but odds are they probably won't.

    Just consider it something they did as a percussion but never got around to using, much like the disused emerald dream datafiles landscape hidden in the game.



    tbh I think they never did, because the idea of wandering around landscape like this for several years would feel like an ongoing drug trip.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,153
    Pre-Cata a big gregarious green dragon named Emeriss would guard the portal and turn anyone who tried to attack her was turned into a rotting mushroom upon their death. She used to yell inspirational slogans like "Hope is a disease of the soul" and other uplifting commentary before she was removed from the game.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Out with the old, in with the new, and superior
    Night Elf Independence Movement:

  5. #5
    If you enter the portal it updates your character model

  6. #6
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,886
    what I never understood about the emerald portals were.. how did they make sense? The emerald dream was meant to be an immaterial world existing in the dreaming plane, where ysera ruled over. Only druids like malfurion were able to enter the dream and be conscious of themselves in it, but they, like everyone else, did so though mental and astral means of leaving there physical body.. in other words, dreaming. And like them, everyone else exists in the dream when they sleep...

    So how can portals work, you can't physically enter the dream, its meant to be your dreaming mind that does.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    If you enter the portal it updates your character model
    Hurrrrrrrrr!
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  7. #7
    There are a few of them, actually. I forgot which zones, but there are more.

    They're just there for good looks I suppose. I remember being a noob and going near one back in vanilla..

    God..

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    There are a few of them, actually. I forgot which zones, but there are more.

    They're just there for good looks I suppose. I remember being a noob and going near one back in vanilla..

    God..
    Hinterlands, Ashenvale and Feralas iirc.

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So how can portals work, you can't physically enter the dream, its meant to be your dreaming mind that does.
    It's not fully explained, but probably has to do with those massive trees they are all tied into.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Out with the old, in with the new, and superior
    Night Elf Independence Movement:

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    It's not fully explained, but probably has to do with those massive trees they are all tied into.
    If Blizzard ever puts a zone within the Emerald Dream they'll likely just tack on an explanation like that.

    "Quick heroes! I've attuned you to the portal with the power of the Green Dragonflight! Enter the portal and save Ysera from N'Zoth's rapacious desires!"

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    If Blizzard ever puts a zone within the Emerald Dream they'll likely just tack on an explanation like that.

    "Quick heroes! I've attuned you to the portal with the power of the Green Dragonflight! Enter the portal and save Ysera from N'Zoth's rapacious desires!"
    Wait a second...this sounds dangerously close to a fan fic I read once.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,334
    I assume you mean Duskwood, instead of darkshire

    And i hope they are going to use the portals, they are pretty awesome =3
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk Solzan Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Wait a second...this sounds dangerously close to a fan fic I read once.
    Lol. I now where that one want.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what I never understood about the emerald portals were.. how did they make sense? The emerald dream was meant to be an immaterial world existing in the dreaming plane, where ysera ruled over. Only druids like malfurion were able to enter the dream and be conscious of themselves in it, but they, like everyone else, did so though mental and astral means of leaving there physical body.. in other words, dreaming. And like them, everyone else exists in the dream when they sleep...

    So how can portals work, you can't physically enter the dream, its meant to be your dreaming mind that does.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Hurrrrrrrrr!
    Same thing baffled me. I can only assume it'd be another case of gameplay trumping lore.
    "If you have to believe it on faith, you have no reason to believe it at all.” Aron Ra

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what I never understood about the emerald portals were.. how did they make sense? The emerald dream was meant to be an immaterial world existing in the dreaming plane, where ysera ruled over. Only druids like malfurion were able to enter the dream and be conscious of themselves in it, but they, like everyone else, did so though mental and astral means of leaving there physical body.. in other words, dreaming. And like them, everyone else exists in the dream when they sleep...

    So how can portals work, you can't physically enter the dream, its meant to be your dreaming mind that does.
    When you go through it, magic happens, and then you are in the Dream as if it were a tangible world. Easy.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Bladez View Post
    Wanted to do some world pvp and noticed that there is a portal in the middle of darkshire where a world boss used to be.


    I try and enter it but nothing happens? Is this something we'll see in a future expansion where they open this portal or is it just unfinished?

    The Green dragon boss never was near Darkshire portal. This one is special.
    Twilight corruptor demon from Anh'Qiraj scepter questline was there though.

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,153
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    The Green dragon boss never was near Darkshire portal. This one is special.
    Twilight corruptor demon from Anh'Qiraj scepter questline was there though.
    Emeriss spawned there all the time. And it's Duskwood, not Darkshire.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Out with the old, in with the new, and superior
    Night Elf Independence Movement:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •