Deleted

flame shock proc from crit?

hello!

I want to ask if the change to flame shock is going to take place in 5.4 ? currently i cant see it which means that they either removed it or forgot to add it to the list of changes :\ if u are not sure what i am talking about its about flame shock procking instant lava burst (right now on live 20% chance) equal to your crit for every target u have flame shock on

Thanks in advance

I hope it never happens, that's not how you make crit more interesting for elemental shamans.

Ghostcrawler mentioned this as a possible idea on twitter but nothing came of it. There was a fairly large outcry against it, though many were for it. While the idea as presented would have been a buff for highly geared players it would have been a nerf to leveling players and those just starting the gear curve. With changes it could have been made to work, but they chose not mess with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I hope it never happens, that's not how you make crit more interesting for elemental shamans.
    I agree it wouldn't make it something we want to stack over mastery or haste, but imagine Lava Surge having a 10% (Or insert base chance here) base chance to proc increased by our crit percentage. Meaning in starting gear in the first tier the chance would be very similar to now, then in higher gear as our crit gets inherently higher due to not being able to remove it all, it helps lava surge scale. Thus making crit not entirely useless when we pop ascendence. Does it make it the most interesting stat? No. Does it make it more interesting than now? Yes.