Raid Scaling - A possible rewards solution.

This is a quick post to see what people think. So basically, Blizzard has said recently that the tech to scale old raids is in place and that all they need to figure out is a rewards scheme. I'm not sure if there has been a post similar to this but it is worth a shot. Bear in mind that more than likely the loot distribution system would be the same as LFR/Flex.

I'll make this simple-

Rewards for LFR/Flex versions of old school raids-(unless of course they could be available in any difficulty, that's great too!)

1. Charms. Be it lesser, or greater. Bosses could easily drop some as an alternative to daily questing. Assuming this system is still in play next expansion.

2. If scaling the old gear is not a solution, then it is used for transmogrification purposes, obviously. As a solution, that gear could be more accessible so the time spent is worth something.

3. Loot Bags. Which ties into possibly both points above, these bags could contain anything from charms, gear, gold, and mostly what comes out of bags already today. (Battle Pets would of course still drop)

4. To avoid achievement bloat, all the old school raids would be a part of a meta achievement. With possible vanity or cosmetic rewards upon completion.

5. And lastly, Challenge Modes. To go with my point above, a CM meta achievement with possible title rewards would be great incentive to form a group for these old school runs. This could be a great way to bring back the titles that were long lost with expansions.

Those were just some quick ideas of what we could hope for with the new system that we will probably be seeing/hearing about in the near future. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Seukos; 2013-08-28 at 07:00 PM.

i think depending on the level of diffculty of the raid those charm ideas are fantastic - current content charms so u can technically have a shot at loot from old raids. by then going into the new ones with more charms. but blizzard won't do current content charms for the good old " mandatory " factor Lesser charms are so easy to get that they wouldn't be reward enough for most ppl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seukos View Post
    This is a quick post to see what people think. So basically, Blizzard has said recently that the tech to scale old raids is in place and that all they need to figure out is a rewards scheme. I'm not sure if there has been a post similar to this but it is worth a shot. Bear in mind that more than likely the loot distribution system would be the same as LFR/Flex.

I'll make this simple-

Rewards for LFR/Flex versions of old school raids-(unless of course they could be available in any difficulty, that's great too!)

1. Charms. Be it lesser, or greater. Bosses could easily drop some as an alternative to daily questing. Assuming this system is still in play next expansion.

2. If scaling the old gear is not a solution, then it is used for transmogrification purposes, obviously. As a solution, that gear could be more accessible so the time spent is worth something.

3. Loot Bags. Which ties into possibly both points above, these bags could contain anything from charms, gear, gold, and mostly what comes out of bags already today. (Battle Pets would of course still drop)

4. To avoid achievement bloat, all the old school raids would be a part of a meta achievement. With possible vanity or cosmetic rewards upon completion.

5. And lastly, Challenge Modes. To go with my point above, a CM meta achievement with possible title rewards would be great incentive to form a group for these old school runs. This could be a great way to bring back the titles that were long lost with expansions.

Those were just some quick ideas of what we could hope for with the new system that we will probably be seeing/hearing about in the near future. What do you guys think?
    I like ur ideas on the subject really

10+ Year Old Account
    Challenge Mode old school raids would be wicked. I support this thread and it's ideas 110%.
    Hi

1-Charms.

2-Valor Points.

3-If they implement housing --> furniture, skyboxes, terrain textures, etc... only obtainables in the scaled mode.

4-Glory of the Classic Raider and the Burning Crusade Raider with mounts, something like a Corehound for classic and a Warpstalker for BC, things like that.

5-Exclusive mounts and pets droping from bosses.

6-Updated versions of the old tiers, or just updated textures.

This would be a lot of work for the art team, but...one can dream xDDDD

I'm going to post this on the official forums in a couple of hours as well. I would love for a blue to come across my post and take it to the board. I stand by my ideas but I am not sure what the team would think about them. Because after all, there is apparently a new type of rewards system coming for Flex/LFR and that could possibly be their grand rewards scheme. We will have to see.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chess event challenge mode Medivh cheats much much more and has some crazy ass moves!
    Me gusta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    1-Charms.

2-Valor Points.

3-If they implement housing --> furniture, skyboxes, terrain textures, etc... only obtainables in the scaled mode.

4-Glory of the Classic Raider and the Burning Crusade Raider with mounts, something like a Corehound for classic and a Warpstalker for BC, things like that.

5-Exclusive mounts and pets droping from bosses.

I like this but most glory achievements reward flying mounts so these would probably too.

Deleted
    Approved.

Honestly, even though none of the ideas here are "new" I'd still like it to happen.

I just need to step in and tell you the reality of the situation with ´current tier´ charms. They are planned. The devs have a clear goal with how fast we are supposed to get gear.. current charms are already factored into that equation ( they already plan on us having 3 per week). If they allow us to have more per week, they are just going to cut the rate we get drops.

Honestly, I think just VP, lesser charms and definitely the chance to get mounts/transmog/achieves that come from those raids is enough. As long as they are tuned to be fairly easy, they don´t need to be over rewarding.

Deleted
    rofl, yeah right make mc a cm roflmao - hope the developers will never waste any time on such a useless idea....
    ps: blizzard also stated that xmorph gear ALONE isnt enough to get anyone to go there....

10+ Year Old Account
    They all look pretty good to me. I think CM's for old raids is probably not going to happen and maybe not for old dungeons either but time will tell.

Anyway, hope someone over on the Blizz boards notices. They're basically dropping a hint that they want to hear from people about this so it's a good time for it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    1-Charms.
    2-Valor Points.
    5-Exclusive mounts and pets dropping from bosses.

I like these ideas a lot, especially #3! Transmog won't motivate people since you can still solo the low level version, but I like the idea of scalable old loot. Current content would still have the most rewarding items but next would be challenge mode raids with gear levels just above LFR. Change all the pets that drop in old raids to only be available in the challenge mode version and add more pets/mounts on top of that.

Once again, I love your 3rd idea. Housing items like Nat Pagle's biggest catch on your wall, a mini Diablo on your night stand, Blizz-themed wall paper, etc.
    Last edited by Rhodair; 2013-08-29 at 01:04 AM.

Deleted
    Let us know what happens at Blizzards forum, if you get any feedback or reply from blues ok ?