This is a quick post to see what people think. So basically, Blizzard has said recently that the tech to scale old raids is in place and that all they need to figure out is a rewards scheme. I'm not sure if there has been a post similar to this but it is worth a shot. Bear in mind that more than likely the loot distribution system would be the same as LFR/Flex.
I'll make this simple-
Rewards for LFR/Flex versions of old school raids-(unless of course they could be available in any difficulty, that's great too!)
1. Charms. Be it lesser, or greater. Bosses could easily drop some as an alternative to daily questing. Assuming this system is still in play next expansion.
2. If scaling the old gear is not a solution, then it is used for transmogrification purposes, obviously. As a solution, that gear could be more accessible so the time spent is worth something.
3. Loot Bags. Which ties into possibly both points above, these bags could contain anything from charms, gear, gold, and mostly what comes out of bags already today. (Battle Pets would of course still drop)
4. To avoid achievement bloat, all the old school raids would be a part of a meta achievement. With possible vanity or cosmetic rewards upon completion.
5. And lastly, Challenge Modes. To go with my point above, a CM meta achievement with possible title rewards would be great incentive to form a group for these old school runs. This could be a great way to bring back the titles that were long lost with expansions.
Those were just some quick ideas of what we could hope for with the new system that we will probably be seeing/hearing about in the near future. What do you guys think?