I just don't get why he had to take away my hardcore achievement for this

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    I just don't get why he had to take away my hardcore achievement for this
    "Speed baking achievements require you to have no heavenly upgrades; as such, they have been reset for everyone (along with the hardcore achievement) to better match their initially intended difficulty"

They were reset because they were too easy with Heavenly Chips. Sure you can say "hurr durr so easy with auto-clicker" which is true of course, but if you auto click your way around the game why not just alter in yourself the cookies in the first place?

Like I said, Hardcore didn't get easier or harder. It just takes longer.

And what about the hardcore achievement? Don't see anything mentioning that you can't have chip upgrades for that.
    You questioned the use of upgrades and heavenly chips regarding Hardcore. I gave you the answer, question it as you might.

Umm...that's the only difficulty that is present in the game. It's not exactly deep gameplay.
    BAD WOLF

That's a really weird thing to say when talking about this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Umm...that's the only difficulty that is present in the game. It's not exactly deep gameplay.
    Not really. For the speedbaking achievements you don't get any more time with less or more chips, you need to be lucky and efficient with what you buy.

Not really. For the speedbaking achievements you don't get any more time with less or more chips, you need to be lucky and efficient with what you buy.
    And that oft unmentioned act of clicking furiously over a time period? It's not like it's rocket science, especially with addons that tell you exactly what's the most efficient purchase, how much income each thing gives you, and the time to the next upgrade. You can effectively use simple math to plan out the achievement.

I'm failing to see how there's anything more difficult than investing your personal time (and not even that if you're using an auto clicker) to play this game. I strangely enjoy it, but let's not make it out to be more than it is. It's a time sink.
    BAD WOLF

I know it's a time sink. I open the game when I boot my PC and have been doing that since the end of August. I'm just sad he took away my hardcore achievement even though it's not trivialized by chips like the speedbaking chievs are.

I know it's a time sink. I open the game when I boot my PC and have been doing that since the end of August
    Me too...it has become the first thing I do. I don't know whether I should feel sorry for myself or be proud of my baking dedication.
    BAD WOLF

Be proud of course! So much dedication surely can't go unnoticed.

Cookie Monster has been updated btw. Don't know if everyone knew that already.
    The latest version I see is 1.038.01. Hope that's the newest one.

The Cookie Clicker wiki mentioned something about the randomness of the golden/red cookies spawning. I guess there's now a window of time where one could pop up, like between 75 and 120 seconds from the last one for example. CM might not include that for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Zornin View Post
    The latest version I see is 1.038.01. Hope that's the newest one.

The Cookie Clicker wiki mentioned something about the randomness of the golden/red cookies spawning. I guess there's now a window of time where one could pop up, like between 75 and 120 seconds from the last one for example. CM might not include that for a while.
    It has two bars counting down now. Part of the usual reddish bar is gray, and when it hits zero there, there might be a cookie spawn. If not, the timer keeps counting down as normal.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

This game is strangely addictive.

This game is stupid, and I sound stupid trying to explain it to people who don't know about it. But why can't I stop clicking?! GAH! More cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Orist View Post
    This game is stupid, and I sound stupid trying to explain it to people who don't know about it. But why can't I stop clicking?! GAH! More cookies!
    I know :S... people keep walking past my computer, seeing I'm still playing and the reaction is always "what?! you're STILL playing that silly game" they just don't understand

ps awesome avater :P, just started playing SF1 again, gunna play 2 after.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

I feel like there should be another increase to cookies/click. My cookies/click is 1/20th of my CpS.

i suppose i higher percentage would give more incentive for people to actually click the cookie at late game, but click frenzy is op enough as it is, the multiplier would need to be lowered to compensate. I think if the cps was based more around actual clicking, then people would lose interest much faster.

Frenzy to 10 and Clicking Frenzy to 500. Or leave Frenzy as it is and just lower Clicking Frenzy. I just can't be bothered now to click, except during Clicking Frenzy. A bit more incentive to click during periods that I'm reading forumposts in another screen couldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2013-10-18 at 09:29 PM.

Wow. I just spent like 6 quadrillion on the last few upgrades. All those 25% upgrades did nothing to my CPS. Feels a little lame, especially now that heavenly chips does a lot more than any of the cookie upgrades. I think this needs to be reworked.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds