They vanish when you buy an Elder Pledge and grandma's picture turns to normal again too.
Can't get the new cookie upgrades though when you pledge, which my silly hand did. Told it to not buy the pledge, but it didn't listen to me
Okay, so as long as I leave pledge, I wont lose cookies by missing Wrinklers?
and bad pearl hand! Pledges aren't for clicking!
Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:
Blog Nine is live! It's like Mambo number five, but FOUR better! So read it now.
You get back 1.1x the cookies they ate.
so yes, it's better to leave them nibbling,. it's a constant 10% bonus that way - until you need the cookies of course.
but keep in mind there's achievements ( and thus more milk ) for killing 1, 50 and 250 of them,. as well as halloween bonus unlocks each worth 20% as well as an achievement for unlocking all 7.
In short, don't use the pledge, those nibblers are giving you 10% bonus cookies and then some, while with pledge you lose 5% - so in total you'll lose 15%.
only use pledge if you're actively monitoring the screen and snapping up golden cookies.
The way wrinklers work (as confirmed by math and code-sifting):
1) Each wrinkler will "drain" your cps by 5%, but the cookies that you would have gained this way are not lost, but "stored" inside wrinkler
2) When wrinkler is "popped" (regardless of how it's done, you can manually click, you can buy covenant, you can sell grandmas etc. Anything that causes wrinkler to die will count as "popping" it), it will give you all the cookies it has "absorbed" + 10%
3) All wrinklers count all other wrinklers as their own "absorbtion". What this means is, if you have two wrinklers up, they will be "storing" not just 5% + 5% cookies, but more than that. Math comes around to 10 wrinklers giving you roughly 600% of your cps back when you pop them.
4) Wrinklers are not directly affected by frenzies. However, both 7x and 666x will increase your cps, and thus indirectly increase the rate at which wrinklers absorb the cookies (and thus, give you more later)
5) Wrinklers are not in any way affected by (or affect) the clicking power. If you gain 10m per click, you will still gain 10m per click with 10 wrinklers on
6) It is still debated whether having wrinklers is worth it over having covenant and using only gold cookies, however it is most definetely worth it to use grandmapocalypse and wrinklers if you're AFKing - leave 10 wrinklers overnight, come back in the morning to an obscene amount of cookies
hope this helps to those asking questions
Edit: As people above mentioned, the achievements & unlocked upgrades are defo worth it. I'd say keep popping them until you get all the achievements and cookies unlocked (should take you around 350 or so depending on your luck), after which either go "good" mode if you're clicking goldens, or go "evil" mode if you're semi-afking, and leave wrinklers on
Last edited by Anakonda; 2013-10-29 at 08:09 PM.
We dream, we dream.
Short explanation, at this time, a full stock of wrinklers can increase your income by 6x.
On every game tick, every wrinkler calculates how many cookies it has siphoned off, but at this time every wrinkler gets the cookies siphoned by all wrinklers that are currently alive. Code follows with certain sections omitted where they don't make a difference in the grand scheme of things.
In this code, Game.cookiesPs is your cookie per second income before the wrinklers are factored in (cps in this calculation is effected by clots, and both frenzies) and cpsSucked is the total percentage of your income being withered (5% per attached wrinkler).
If you have 100 cookies per second income and one wrinkler attached the equation looks like this for each second
me.sucked += 100 * .05
The wrinkler gains 5 cookies per second into his bank, the exact amount you're losing. After being popped, he gains 10% extra before giving it back, so if you let him gain a total of 100 cookies (20 seconds) you would come out 10 cookies ahead when he is popped. 10% isn't that big, so why make a big deal about it?
As I said above, Game.cpsSucked is the total for all wrinklers attached. If you have 10 wrinklers attached (the maximum) Game.cpsSucked is .5, meaning that you're losing 50 cps of normal income, but each of the 10 wrinklers gains 50 cookies every second into their "bank." and gains 10% more when they are killed. The end result is 50% + 10 * (50%) * 1.1 or a total of 600% income. I don't know if this competes with the golden cookie. But this means that something like elder frenzy has gone from 666x to closer 4,000x.
We dream, we dream.
- - - Updated - - -
We dream, we dream.