1. #2361
    Herald of the Titans Marston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,554
    No post since the v2 update over a year ago?

    Don't worry. Orteil just released a new update, which is supposed to be the first of many. He wants to add minigames (including dungeons, finally!) for every building.



    Cookie Clicker update is now live, featuring sugar lumps, spirit worship and spellcasting!

    This is the first of a series of updates that should eventually add new features or minigames to every building. Stay tuned for more fun stuff, eventually!
    I made a fresh start yesterday after not playing for over a year. Feels good. So far, I am back to 7.82 million CpS.

  2. #2362
    I started over a few months ago, got to the point where I almost finished that prestige tree. Then I accidentally removed all my cookies and didn't feel like starting over again, but this is a good moment to try again.

  3. #2363
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,819
    I've gone DEEP into Clicker Heroes, but I'm getting a bit bored of it... Is Cookie Clicker good again?

    Damnit... I'm back in the cookie fold :'( Is cookie monster still a thing?
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-07-17 at 01:08 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog fourteen is live! In which the MD let me choose the theme, and then instantly regretted it.

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/14-blog-14

  4. #2364
    Yep, cookie monster still exists. Bookmark this widget:
    Code:
    javascript:(function(){Game.LoadMod('https://aktanusa.github.io/CookieMonster/CookieMonster.js');}());

  5. #2365
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    Yep, cookie monster still exists. Bookmark this widget:
    Code:
    javascript:(function(){Game.LoadMod('https://aktanusa.github.io/CookieMonster/CookieMonster.js');}());
    Thanks!

    Also: I low key love the word "Widget"
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog fourteen is live! In which the MD let me choose the theme, and then instantly regretted it.

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/14-blog-14

  6. #2366
    Oh no,. I really shouldn't.

  7. #2367
    I had forgotten all about this game, thanks for renewing the addiction.

  8. #2368
    Why did I have to start this again...

  9. #2369
    Herald of the Titans Marston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,554
    I am now at 389 million CpS. Sort of hitting a wall here. Only slow upgrades unless I spam golden cookies, which is easier said than done.

    I am not sure if many of the golden cookie changes were also in the v2 version. But the current one has quite a few interesting ones (especially the one were cookies spawn everywhere).

  10. #2370
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I am now at 389 million CpS. Sort of hitting a wall here. Only slow upgrades unless I spam golden cookies, which is easier said than done.
    In a similar position... Upgrade speed has slowed RIGHT down, and even picking up new buildings is slow.

    What level does you guys usually start resetting and stacking prestige?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog fourteen is live! In which the MD let me choose the theme, and then instantly regretted it.

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/14-blog-14

  11. #2371
    Herald of the Titans Marston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    In a similar position... Upgrade speed has slowed RIGHT down, and even picking up new buildings is slow.

    What level does you guys usually start resetting and stacking prestige?
    Considering I did a fresh restart, I am only at 3 prestige. I probably won't reset until I get to the 50-100 region. Only 6 portals at the moment. I probably have to focus more on getting golden cookies, since the buff quite a bit. Well, need to play a bit more active it seems. 678 million CpS now.

  12. #2372
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Considering I did a fresh restart, I am only at 3 prestige. I probably won't reset until I get to the 50-100 region. Only 6 portals at the moment. I probably have to focus more on getting golden cookies, since the buff quite a bit. Well, need to play a bit more active it seems. 678 million CpS now.
    I did a fresh start too, I'm around the same CpS as you. I was just wondering if it's worth resetting early, to get to the Heavenly Chip pantheon thing. I've heard the buffs are rather strong.

    But yeah, I think it's worth waiting until it becomes near impossible to continue, before you begin your legacy.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog fourteen is live! In which the MD let me choose the theme, and then instantly regretted it.

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/14-blog-14

  13. #2373
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I did a fresh start too, I'm around the same CpS as you. I was just wondering if it's worth resetting early, to get to the Heavenly Chip pantheon thing. I've heard the buffs are rather strong.

    But yeah, I think it's worth waiting until it becomes near impossible to continue, before you begin your legacy.
    I've been trying to find out when to first reset as well (currently at 20 prestige / HC). According to this post, first ascension should be at 266. Seems high to me though. /shrug

  14. #2374
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    I've been trying to find out when to first reset as well (currently at 20 prestige / HC). According to this post, first ascension should be at 266. Seems high to me though. /shrug
    That DOES seem crazy high... But then again I've been playing for a couple of days and already hit Prestige 3. Not even at Nanageddon yet, so I guess Prestige Speed will increase once I hit that.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog fourteen is live! In which the MD let me choose the theme, and then instantly regretted it.

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/14-blog-14

  15. #2375
    Herald of the Titans Marston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    I've been trying to find out when to first reset as well (currently at 20 prestige / HC). According to this post, first ascension should be at 266. Seems high to me though. /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That DOES seem crazy high... But then again I've been playing for a couple of days and already hit Prestige 3. Not even at Nanageddon yet, so I guess Prestige Speed will increase once I hit that.
    Not sure if that's really so high. I mean, yeah, I am also "only" at 3 prestige, but then you get a single upgrade like the first double Portal CpS one and that alone will increase my CpS by roughly 1/6 of what I currently have. Then you will also get closer to the first few upgrades at 15/25 of some other buildings and it will just add up. I guess I will get into the Bingo Center reach in 1-2 days, then this will get interesting again.

  16. #2376
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,819
    Yeah... I think I just keep forgetting that I'm still very much in the early stages of the game. It goes crazy once you hit Bingo Centre > One Mind > Nanageddon. Then you get the Wrinklers etc (which iirc I was using incorrectly before, and you're meant to leave for as long as possible) and it all goes a bit crazy.

    I'm just coming to this game from my ultra ultra end game Clicker Heroes save, where I was resetting every day for huge numbers of hero souls. So the idea of waiting a week or more for 100 chips seems super slow.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog fourteen is live! In which the MD let me choose the theme, and then instantly regretted it.

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/14-blog-14

  17. #2377
    Uh oh...

    To be fair, I do very rarely go back to Clicker Heroes. Though now I would be starting over with the cookies. Oh well. I guess it will interesting to see what's different.

  18. #2378
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Uh oh...

    To be fair, I do very rarely go back to Clicker Heroes. Though now I would be starting over with the cookies. Oh well. I guess it will interesting to see what's different.
    CH has gotten a bit stale, because they're so clearly invested in making CH2 work, they've basically totally left CH1. So we've not had any new updates in about a year, not even seasonal stuff...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog fourteen is live! In which the MD let me choose the theme, and then instantly regretted it.

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/14-blog-14

  19. #2379
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    CH has gotten a bit stale, because they're so clearly invested in making CH2 work, they've basically totally left CH1. So we've not had any new updates in about a year, not even seasonal stuff...
    There's a second one???

    In any case, right now, Cookie Monster is the only thing saving me. Production is super slow outside golden cookies.

  20. #2380
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    There's a second one???

    In any case, right now, Cookie Monster is the only thing saving me. Production is super slow outside golden cookies.
    No, they're working on it, which is why CH is kinda dead.... However they've been working on it for a while and we've not heard anything, so it's very possible it's just scrapped.

    Yeah, Cookie Monster has saved me many times over. Drastically increased my efficiency when using it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog fourteen is live! In which the MD let me choose the theme, and then instantly regretted it.

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/14-blog-14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •