Deleted
    369th wrinkler gave me my last upgrade. Also appears Grandmas aren't as powerful as they were before. Not really much else happened this patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Natova View Post
    I have 3 of those wrinkler upgrades already. And i popped 56 wrinkles at this point. They spawn pretty often. Abou tthe cookie chains, i have no idea. but it seems with this update it is more profitable to not pick the elder pledge upgrade. As the wrinkels give alot of cookies if you leave them eating for a bit. They give more then they eat!
    I just got my 1st after 76 popped.

Signature Created by Jassinta

this update wasn't here 6 hours ago.

Stupid things eating mah cookies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, do the wrinklers ever vanish, or run away with your cookies or anything?

Do you need to watch out for them, or am I fine to check back every 30ish mins and pop all them at once?

EDIT: also... what the ACTUAL fuck is up with the grandma picture? That is the face of my nightmares...
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2013-10-29 at 06:08 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

They vanish when you buy an Elder Pledge and grandma's picture turns to normal again too.
    Can't get the new cookie upgrades though when you pledge, which my silly hand did. Told it to not buy the pledge, but it didn't listen to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so as long as I leave pledge, I wont lose cookies by missing Wrinklers?

and bad pearl hand! Pledges aren't for clicking!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

what are those flying turds doing to my cookie D:

Squish them with fire!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Okay, so as long as I leave pledge, I wont lose cookies by missing Wrinklers?
    I actually don't know. Don't even know if you get all your lost cookies back or if it's a percentage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Squish them with fire!

- - - Updated - - -

I actually don't know. Don't even know if you get all your lost cookies back or if it's a percentage.
    Patch note says you get your cookies back, with interest! So I'd assume you get your lost cookies back and then some.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Isn't it better to just let them nibble on your giant cookie and get a lot of cookies back for it? Assuming the amount they eat is equal to the CpS loss.

how do you play this game? is it pc or in forums?

Just follow the link in the first post. It's a small game made in Javascript.

Isn't it better to just let them nibble on your giant cookie and get a lot of cookies back for it? Assuming the amount they eat is equal to the CpS loss.

You get back 1.1x the cookies they ate.
    so yes, it's better to leave them nibbling,. it's a constant 10% bonus that way - until you need the cookies of course.

but keep in mind there's achievements ( and thus more milk ) for killing 1, 50 and 250 of them,. as well as halloween bonus unlocks each worth 20% as well as an achievement for unlocking all 7.

In short, don't use the pledge, those nibblers are giving you 10% bonus cookies and then some, while with pledge you lose 5% - so in total you'll lose 15%.
    only use pledge if you're actively monitoring the screen and snapping up golden cookies.

Currently at 162 Wrinklers killed, still need the Skull and Spider cookies.

The way wrinklers work (as confirmed by math and code-sifting):

1) Each wrinkler will "drain" your cps by 5%, but the cookies that you would have gained this way are not lost, but "stored" inside wrinkler
    2) When wrinkler is "popped" (regardless of how it's done, you can manually click, you can buy covenant, you can sell grandmas etc. Anything that causes wrinkler to die will count as "popping" it), it will give you all the cookies it has "absorbed" + 10%
    3) All wrinklers count all other wrinklers as their own "absorbtion". What this means is, if you have two wrinklers up, they will be "storing" not just 5% + 5% cookies, but more than that. Math comes around to 10 wrinklers giving you roughly 600% of your cps back when you pop them.
    4) Wrinklers are not directly affected by frenzies. However, both 7x and 666x will increase your cps, and thus indirectly increase the rate at which wrinklers absorb the cookies (and thus, give you more later)
    5) Wrinklers are not in any way affected by (or affect) the clicking power. If you gain 10m per click, you will still gain 10m per click with 10 wrinklers on
    6) It is still debated whether having wrinklers is worth it over having covenant and using only gold cookies, however it is most definetely worth it to use grandmapocalypse and wrinklers if you're AFKing - leave 10 wrinklers overnight, come back in the morning to an obscene amount of cookies

hope this helps to those asking questions

Edit: As people above mentioned, the achievements & unlocked upgrades are defo worth it. I'd say keep popping them until you get all the achievements and cookies unlocked (should take you around 350 or so depending on your luck), after which either go "good" mode if you're clicking goldens, or go "evil" mode if you're semi-afking, and leave wrinklers on
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2013-10-29 at 08:09 PM.
    We dream, we dream.

..my cookies.. they have vanished.. I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    The way wrinklers work (as confirmed by math and code-sifting):
    Always nice when you have people doing the math for you

Always nice when you have people doing the math for you
    I know!
    (because i wasnt the one who did it. I just found (and checked) the results of others on reddit etc)
    We dream, we dream.

224 Wrinklers killed now, still need 2 cookie upgrades D:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    3) All wrinklers count all other wrinklers as their own "absorbtion". What this means is, if you have two wrinklers up, they will be "storing" not just 5% + 5% cookies, but more than that. Math comes around to 10 wrinklers giving you roughly 600% of your cps back when you pop them.
    That actually sounds unintended.

224 Wrinklers killed now, still need 2 cookie upgrades D:

- - - Updated - - -

That actually sounds unintended.
    it's intended. The code very specifically adds other wrinklers' cookies to the wrinkler that's being calculated, i really can't see how it could have been unintentional. Sec, lemme find a quote

Short explanation, at this time, a full stock of wrinklers can increase your income by 6x.

On every game tick, every wrinkler calculates how many cookies it has siphoned off, but at this time every wrinkler gets the cookies siphoned by all wrinklers that are currently alive. Code follows with certain sections omitted where they don't make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Game.UpdateWrinklers=function()
    {...
    me.sucked+=(((Game.cookiesPs)*Game.cpsSucked));

In this code, Game.cookiesPs is your cookie per second income before the wrinklers are factored in (cps in this calculation is effected by clots, and both frenzies) and cpsSucked is the total percentage of your income being withered (5% per attached wrinkler).

If you have 100 cookies per second income and one wrinkler attached the equation looks like this for each second

me.sucked += 100 * .05

The wrinkler gains 5 cookies per second into his bank, the exact amount you're losing. After being popped, he gains 10% extra before giving it back, so if you let him gain a total of 100 cookies (20 seconds) you would come out 10 cookies ahead when he is popped. 10% isn't that big, so why make a big deal about it?

As I said above, Game.cpsSucked is the total for all wrinklers attached. If you have 10 wrinklers attached (the maximum) Game.cpsSucked is .5, meaning that you're losing 50 cps of normal income, but each of the 10 wrinklers gains 50 cookies every second into their "bank." and gains 10% more when they are killed. The end result is 50% + 10 * (50%) * 1.1 or a total of 600% income. I don't know if this competes with the golden cookie. But this means that something like elder frenzy has gone from 666x to closer 4,000x.
    We dream, we dream.