Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    it's intended. The code very specifically adds other wrinklers' cookies to the wrinkler that's being calculated, i really can't see how it could have been unintentional. Sec, lemme find a quote
    Is that Orteil explaining?

The way wrinklers work (as confirmed by math and code-sifting):

1) Each wrinkler will "drain" your cps by 5%, but the cookies that you would have gained this way are not lost, but "stored" inside wrinkler
    2) When wrinkler is "popped" (regardless of how it's done, you can manually click, you can buy covenant, you can sell grandmas etc. Anything that causes wrinkler to die will count as "popping" it), it will give you all the cookies it has "absorbed" + 10%
    3) All wrinklers count all other wrinklers as their own "absorbtion". What this means is, if you have two wrinklers up, they will be "storing" not just 5% + 5% cookies, but more than that. Math comes around to 10 wrinklers giving you roughly 600% of your cps back when you pop them.
    4) Wrinklers are not directly affected by frenzies. However, both 7x and 666x will increase your cps, and thus indirectly increase the rate at which wrinklers absorb the cookies (and thus, give you more later)
    5) Wrinklers are not in any way affected by (or affect) the clicking power. If you gain 10m per click, you will still gain 10m per click with 10 wrinklers on
    6) It is still debated whether having wrinklers is worth it over having covenant and using only gold cookies, however it is most definetely worth it to use grandmapocalypse and wrinklers if you're AFKing - leave 10 wrinklers overnight, come back in the morning to an obscene amount of cookies

hope this helps to those asking questions

Edit: As people above mentioned, the achievements & unlocked upgrades are defo worth it. I'd say keep popping them until you get all the achievements and cookies unlocked (should take you around 350 or so depending on your luck), after which either go "good" mode if you're clicking goldens, or go "evil" mode if you're semi-afking, and leave wrinklers on
    Pretty awesome info thank you!

But one more thing. Do they have a despawn timer or do they despawn when they reach a "population" limit and have to make room for new spawns? aka leave it all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Pretty awesome info thank you!

But one more thing. Do they have a despawn timer or do they despawn when they reach a "population" limit and have to make room for new spawns? aka leave it all night.
    As far as i know (both from others and from personal exp), they do not despawn. You can leave them overnight, just make sure you don't close the browser until you have popped them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Is that Orteil explaining?
    No, this comes from reddit.
    Original post
    We dream, we dream.

No, this comes from reddit.
    Original post
    Aw.. I want him to comment on when the dungeons will be ready. But first those damn Wrinklers need to give me the cookie upgrades, last one was 150 Wrinklers ago :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they only add cookies in this patch, or are there more upgrades? I got a BUNCH of new 20% cookies pretty quickly, but then nothing for ages :P Am I just having bad lucky or am I missing something?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Did they only add cookies in this patch, or are there more upgrades? I got a BUNCH of new 20% cookies pretty quickly, but then nothing for ages :P Am I just having bad lucky or am I missing something?
    Halloween patch?
    There is ~7 halloween cookies you can only unlock by popping Wrinklers. ***
    There are Wrinklers, who give amazing cookie production bonus
    Red cookies have pumpkins on them zomgomgomg
    4 new achievements (1 wrinkler, 50 wrinklers, 200 wrinklers, 7 new cookies unlocked)

*** You have a chance of getting new cookie when you pop wrinkler (lets call it 5% chance. It's not real, just example). However the way it works is (1) check if it's 95% or 5% => (2) if 5%, roll 1-7 to check which cookie is unlocked => (3) If you already have a cookie that is "unlocked", then nothing happens.
    What this means is, it's easy to unlock first couple of cookies, but the last 3-4 will be much harder. All in all, statistics wise, it should take people roughly 380 or so wrinklers to unlock all upgrades, depending on RNG ofc
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2013-10-29 at 09:02 PM.
    We dream, we dream.

And a new shadow achievement. "Just Plain Lucky" -You have 1 chance in 500,000 every second of earning this achievement.-
    If you have you have cookie clicker up 24/7, you have an approximate chance of ~70% gaining the achievement during one week. It's something everyone will eventually get who keep the tabs open. After two weeks, it's an approximate chance of 91% to have obtained it. And after a month (28 days), your chances of having gained the achievement are already at 99.2%

So unless you're really unlucky... yeah. Just have to wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually got all 7 new cookies after 170 Wrinklers. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I actually got all 7 new cookies after 170 Wrinklers. :P
    205 here and im still missing 2 ( i think )
    We dream, we dream.

Ew... just thought about resetting. Having to get those 7 cookie upgrades all over again D: I hate the clot..

15+ Year Old Account
    Wrinkler explaination
    Oooh so I was silly to buy the elder pledge?! D: I was scared of leaving my game on overnight with the wrinklers eating at my cookie, but I guess I'll go back to the apocalypse even tho things are creepier now.

Might be just RNG and my brain making connections but it seems like the longer you let wrinklers feed, the higher their chance to spawn the cookie upgrade is.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Might be just RNG and my brain making connections but it seems like the longer you let wrinklers feed, the higher their chance to spawn the cookie upgrade is.
    Quote from wiki: http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Wrinkler

Exploding a Wrinkler, after it has begun to feed on the big cookie, has a 5% chance of unlocking 1 of the 7 Halloween-themed cookie upgrades. However, if the particular upgrade chosen at random is already unlocked, it will not unlock a new one. So on each Wrinkler explosion, the actual chance of unlocking a new cookie type is equal to 0.05 \cdot \left(1-\frac{N}{7}\right), where N is the number of upgrades already unlocked.

On average, it takes 363 wrinkler explosions to unlock all 7 Halloween cookie upgrades
    But we never know, it might be a hidden function for that ;P
    We dream, we dream.

Well, 31 more Wrinklers and I'll see how average I am with my luck. Still 2 upgrades to go

296, still 1 to go :/
    We dream, we dream.

356 popped, 1 upgrade to go. Either I'm perfectly average, or I'm going to be one of the unlucky people.

- - - Updated - - -

Took 425 Wrinklers in the end.

447 and counting, still missing one >.>

Edit: 468, got it
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2013-10-30 at 12:22 AM.
    We dream, we dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    And a new shadow achievement. "Just Plain Lucky" -You have 1 chance in 500,000 every second of earning this achievement.-
    Am I the only one that read this, the went to check to see if I'd earned it yet

339 popped with 1 cookie left, I also have to get the cookie upgrade for 2k heavenily chips, I meant to reset tonight at 1000... but I got distracted and now im on 1013 and my brain wont let me reset till 1250

Gotta say with even a small wait you got insane cookies for popping :P, left it for... maybe an hour, had a full ring popped them for 1.5q each .... It's not gunna how tempted I am to leave my comp on overnight, just to see
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Am I the only one that read this, the went to check to see if I'd earned it yet

339 popped with 1 cookie left, I also have to get the cookie upgrade for 2k heavenily chips, I meant to reset tonight at 1000... but I got distracted and now im on 1013 and my brain wont let me reset till 1250

Gotta say with even a small wait you got insane cookies for popping :P, left it for... maybe an hour, had a full ring popped them for 1.5q each .... It's not gunna how tempted I am to leave my comp on overnight, just to see
    Try waiting until you can get a 666 with all 10 of them present. It's insane.
    We dream, we dream.