Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korsha View Post
    Fun Little fact to entertain you: In cataclysm, an even BIGGER skeleton can be found. it's unreachable, I only found it cause I chased all the Puzzle Box of Yog-Saron rumors, and was able to view it with far sight. Too lazy to log on and take pics, so here's directions: If you go as far South as at all possible with out dying to fatigue in Vashjir, far far out in Deep sea you can see a giant Pearl, seeming not that big cause of the distance. it is surrounded by bones on simply mind blowing scales. Which makes at least 2 sets of skeletons bigger than Galakrond, the creature "so big the only comparable thing was himself". yea right :P

I've been to those skeletons a few years back and have a few old screenies.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4158/y754.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8408/1jpu.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5038/6q6d.jpg

They're honestly not THAT large. The pearl is maybe 2 night elves tall. Plus they dont have legs, they're just whales or something.

After going there and looking at it, it seems to me it was either a dev having fun with the ground making tools as you see no actual bones what soever on the whole thing, or it was intened to be Galakrond as it does have a dragon like snout and horns, and has at least one hind leg.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Easter eggs are usually semi-hidden, not huge and viewable on the map.
    well I've never noticed this until you pointed it out, so it was out the way enough to be an easter egg.

for reference, this is how big Galakrond was with the aspects (still proto drakes then) around him.

Last edited by Trassk; 2013-08-29 at 12:24 AM.

Whoa, actually, if you look at it...it looks about as big as Deathwing does during the DragonSoul raid...(Who looks much bigger than other appearences)

Random thought...we blow him up at the Maelstrom...I wonder if the Dragonsoul was strong enough to kill him, teleport him back in time and at that area, and let him die there.

The only thing we had left is his metal chin.

Which, this skeleton doesn't have a lower jaw...

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!
    Last edited by seam; 2013-08-29 at 12:44 AM.
    Avatar done by my friend Crystal<3

I doubt Blizzard will ever address this, but it is definetly a good question to ask them in the next dev interview roundup for the art team.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I always thought Galakrond's bones weren't big enough.

It's probably just a random terrain detail.

P.S. Love the use of "gnome" as a unit of measure.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    One of the speculations are that this guy is Manta, but even manta doesn't have that much story behind him besides that he was pretty much the most powerful entity in the world, then some guy shot him and he died.
    Booo book lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I really want to see Galakrond as a boss though.
    GL getting back in time before the aspects even where the aspects...

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    well I've never noticed this until you pointed it out, so it was out the way enough to be an easter egg.

for reference, this is how big Galakrond was with the aspects (still proto drakes then) around him.

Aww look at those cute lil tiny baby arms <3

Serious: Hes big! Makes me wonder who the mom and dad was...

Words to live by.

Very fun speculation OP, i never noticed those bones and after seeing them close up it is pretty cool.

Probably will never see who that beast is but in my hopes I do hope we find out and that we can see some sort of a flashback to when it was alive.

Am I the only one that noticed that the dragon shape was made out of dirt... Like it's just the seafloor making the shape of a dragon

Very interesting

I hope theres more too it other than some bored art dev thought it would be cool thing to add.

Best guess well it sure looks like a huge ass dragon maybe its galakronds dad

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed that the dragon shape was made out of dirt... Like it's just the seafloor making the shape of a dragon
    That's Blizzard being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Strictly speaking, that is really how fossilized bones end up... just as part of the rock.

In any case, I think it's safe to say that that's not a dragon, it's a sea monster.

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Strictly speaking, that is really how fossilized bones end up... just as part of the rock.

In any case, I think it's safe to say that that's not a dragon, it's a sea monster.
    or a ... Sea Dragon... dun dun dun

That's because it's so ancient, it became a fossil!

No, seriously...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post

Just another mystery in WoW. Its another legend created (Manta) to add life to the story and the game.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

its the sand snake from shadow of the colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    its the sand snake from shadow of the colossus

Whoa that actually looks like it xD

Words to live by.

My guess is that the reason Blizzard has never mentioned this thing or it being larger than Galakrond is that it was not part of their zone design. Since it is just made out of terrain, I'd guess that whoever was in charge of designing that area decided to have a little fun with the geography and textures to spice it up a bit.