Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    I found him amusing :c
    Well... at least i liked his hat :P

I find it amusing that he refers to it as a dragon and yet there aren't any features that would distinguish it as one. There's no wings or anything, all you see is a huge skull and long body. It is entirely possible and most likely is some sort of giant sea creature. How he comes to the conclusion that it's a dragon kinda baffles me lol.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe blizzard just put it in there to keep with the theme. Or something blizzard put in there for something they wanted to cover but did not get a chance to.

link doesnt work or is none existant i dont see the link anymore
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    I find it amusing that he refers to it as a dragon and yet there aren't any features that would distinguish it as one. There's no wings or anything, all you see is a huge skull and long body. It is entirely possible and most likely is some sort of giant sea creature. How he comes to the conclusion that it's a dragon kinda baffles me lol.
    well, the serpents in Pandaria don't have any wings either, and they're dragons, so this might be some kind of precursor to the current ones (although with a miss-shapen head)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Link

10+ Year Old Account
    ehh. no more big dragon end bosses because blizz kind of blew it with deathwing. i liked riding on his back and taking him out of the sky but then it kind of fizzled out with the final encounter.

It's probably the original skeleton they were going to use for Galakrond, but the idea was thrown out and they decided to go with the much smaller version. Someone decided along the way to leave the original skeleton in the game and cover it up with the sea. For anyone who's read the novels released earlier this year, Galakrond was MUCH larger in the novels (even after he shrunk in size and was defeated) than he appears in Dragonblight.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    It's probably the original skeleton they were going to use for Galakrond, but the idea was thrown out and they decided to go with the much smaller version. Someone decided along the way to leave the original skeleton in the game and cover it up with the sea. For anyone who's read the novels released earlier this year, Galakrond was MUCH larger in the novels (even after he shrunk in size and was defeated) than he appears in Dragonblight.
    Why would they make him smaller? I bet if they made him as big as he was supposed to be he would be known by more players and people would have looked at him as an actual threat instead of "Just another dead dragon."

Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    That guy in the vid prolly drown in pussy.
    Come out, come out, infraction. Wherever you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    Can you upload a picture of this mysterious dragon of yours? Not just a map with some apparent random circles?
    watch the video, at link "this" in OP's post, it doesn't really look like a dragon.

Cool hat, annoying video. If it's important, Blizzard will talk about it, otherwise they'll leave it for people with steampunk-esque tophats to make speculative videos about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Come out, come out, infraction. Wherever you are!
    Hey, what he said was funny, funny and probably true, in the sarcastic sense, that it was spoken in, atleast.

OT: It's probably just there to add atmosphere to the zone and will never be explained in any way, shape or form, like the tail in Gundrak.

And back off the rails for one last comment: That is not a cool hat.

Galakrond is MUCH MUCH bigger than he appears to be in-game.

You must realize, lorewise, it takes days or weeks to get across the Dragonblight, while it takes only a few minutes in-game. And even then, Galakrond's skeleton wraps around Wyrmrest. His wingspan alone is freaking huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the most logical answer is the one David Kosak gives on his interview with Jesse Cox

http://youtu.be/osB0_0G5N8g?t=21m1s

Not about this specific question but about things like this in general that you find all over Azeroth.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

10+ Year Old Account
    easter eggs are fun.

Really, thats all it is, an easter egg by the devs.
    #boycottchina

http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/wow...ects_cover.jpg as well. Normal protodrakes are about the size we see in-game. And compare that to how far away he seems to be. They'd be fucking miniscule.

It's even said, he was so large the only being that was comparable was himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    easter eggs are fun.

Really, thats all it is, an easter egg by the devs.
    Easter eggs are usually semi-hidden, not huge and viewable on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    I think the most logical answer is the one David Kosak gives on his interview with Jesse Cox

http://youtu.be/osB0_0G5N8g?t=21m1s

Not about this specific question but about things like this in general that you find all over Azeroth.
    I really like that answer and hate it at the same time. They put in awesome "hooks", as he called them, into the game, like this skeleton were discussing, and there may ultimately be NO pay off for the people that ask. We must wait and hope that one day they will use the hook we found and then all will be explained.