Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Easter eggs are usually semi-hidden, not huge and viewable on the map.
    Semi hidden, hidden meaning out of the way, semi meaning only slightly, like off the coast, in the sea?

So tell me.... how many people actually noticed it was there before it was mentioned to them? I would still classify that as somewhat hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    well, the serpents in Pandaria don't have any wings either, and they're dragons, so this might be some kind of precursor to the current ones (although with a miss-shapen head)
    Cloud Serpents aren't dragons, they're dragonkin (a family which includes the faerie dragons, the mana serpents, the stone drakes, and all of the dragon-based experiments of Deathwing, Nefarian and their minions).

Quote Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
    So tell me.... how many people actually noticed it was there before it was mentioned to them? I would still classify that as somewhat hidden.
    I had always assumed it was part of Chromatus, but when I researched it just now I see that his body is stored in the Borean Tundra.
    Last edited by weilhart; 2013-08-28 at 11:10 PM.

This came up when Wrath was the latest expansion. Blizzard said it is just there to be there. It looks cool, nothing else. I think they might have even said we can just pretend it was a giant sea creature that died there. Now of course this was said long ago, so I don't have a source, but I'm 90% sure that is what they said about it when asked before.

We'll get that Galakrond and that skeleton as bosses in the Wrath of the Bolvar King expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I found this thing the first day LK was live. I just thought it was the same thing I think now: a huge sea creature like a megladon or something. And if the expansion incoming is indeed Naga themed I'm willing to bet there's something MUCH bigger and nastier out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are forgetting the fact that in game scale =/= actual lore scale. Just because one thing is bigger in game doesn't mean its bigger in lore. Just look at arthas, he's like 3 player characters tall. Does that mean we are all midgets? no.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

One of the speculations are that this guy is Manta, but even manta doesn't have that much story behind him besides that he was pretty much the most powerful entity in the world, then some guy shot him and he died.

manta??
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    I think people are forgetting the fact that in game scale =/= actual lore scale. Just because one thing is bigger in game doesn't mean its bigger in lore. Just look at arthas, he's like 3 player characters tall. Does that mean we are all midgets? no.
    True, but to be fair, Arthas was a fairly tall human by Warcraft universe standards (I think?). Of course his model was still "overgrown" because of his status, but even without that he's still quite large.

Anyway, this kind of underwater stuff creeps me out for some reason, yet at the same time I find it really awesome. The first time I met that kraken swimming around in Vashj'ir I nearly shat my pants in surprise. Hell, swimming close to the Whale Shark, even today, still makes me kinda nervous. I cannot imagine a creature that large in-game. I also had no knowledge of this "Manta" creature, was it ever mentioned in WoW? If it was, it's odd that I missed it, since I tend to read quests at least once...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    This is very interesting. I hope we get some info on that dragon stuff.

I still want to know what's up with those giant snake-man skeletons in Desolace... If we've gone 8 years without an answer to that, don't expect one for this thing either.

http://wowpedia.org/Dead_Goliath

Quote Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
    This was posted many many many many many times during Wrath. :P

Deleted
    How do you know that's a dragon? It could be a Sea Creature?

Most likely was just some fun thing put in by Blizzard. It certainly could be this Manta beast, but I'm almost positive that this skeleton will never be of any real purpose.

Key word is usually. Besides, I'm not sure I'd classify this as an Easter Egg. It's just a little something they put where they didn't think many would find it.
    Last edited by lopk; 2013-08-28 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to guess? A bored game developer playing with the texturing tool. Unlike Galakaron, or the other skeletons in Dragonblight, this skeleton is actually just painted onto the ground.

Anyway, if you're talking about size... actually LOOK at the skeletons in Dragonblight. Almost all of them are several times larger than even the aspects.

Blizzard isn't good with scale.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    First of all, there's nothing that confirms that this is even a dragon. And second, it probably means nothing. Blizzard likes to leave in things that they themselves haven't really thought about, like that giant snake tail in one of those Drakkari instances.

Who cares? It's dead so it can't really be an end boss unless Bolvar decides to go apeshit and raise him as an undead.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just a skeleton of a sea creature from the pre-historic days of Azeroth. Remember the Dwarves at the camp in Stranglethorn? The Gnome I think it was . . . carbon dated the rock and it was found to be 135,000 years old. So that means WoW does have a pre-historic history.
    Last edited by Shemsu Hov; 2013-08-28 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korsha View Post
    Fun Little fact to entertain you: In cataclysm, an even BIGGER skeleton can be found. it's unreachable, I only found it cause I chased all the Puzzle Box of Yog-Saron rumors, and was able to view it with far sight. Too lazy to log on and take pics, so here's directions: If you go as far South as at all possible with out dying to fatigue in Vashjir, far far out in Deep sea you can see a giant Pearl, seeming not that big cause of the distance. it is surrounded by bones on simply mind blowing scales. Which makes at least 2 sets of skeletons bigger than Galakrond, the creature "so big the only comparable thing was himself". yea right :P

I've been to those skeletons a few years back and have a few old screenies.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4158/y754.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8408/1jpu.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5038/6q6d.jpg

They're honestly not THAT large. The pearl is maybe 2 night elves tall. Plus they dont have legs, they're just whales or something.

After going there and looking at it, it seems to me it was either a dev having fun with the ground making tools as you see no actual bones what soever on the whole thing, or it was intened to be Galakrond as it does have a dragon like snout and horns, and has at least one hind leg.