Thread: Marksman macro

Marksman macro

Lately I've been mutliboxing marksman hunters, and for those who don't know how marksman works, you cast a spell called 'Aimed Shot' for 50 focus and therefore since I'm running two characters if the first character can shoot an aimed shot but the second one can't because they don't have enough focus, the second one is pretty lame.
    Right now something like this is happening:
    First toon casts aimed shot
    Second toon doesn't have enough focus to cast aimed shot, so second toon just sits there auto shooting.

What I want to happen is:
    First toon casts Aimed Shot
    Second toon can't cast aimed shot, casts Steady Shot instead.

for reference: Steady Shot: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=56641/
    Aimed Shot: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19434/

Is there anything like this out there I can use for this problem?

Something like

/cast Aimed Shot
    /cast Steady Shot

So it is a prioity. This is likely wrong though, I don't know much about macros.
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    Something like

/cast Aimed Shot
    /cast Steady Shot

So it is a prioity. This is likely wrong though, I don't know much about macros.
    You can't macro together two or more abilities that are on the GCD to any effect. The above macro will just try to cast Aimed Shot every time you press it. By design, it isn't possible to have a macro that is smart enough to cast the appropriate spell based either on cooldown or sufficient resources. The best you can do is probably something like:

/cast [mod:shift] Aimed Shot; Steady Shot

which will cast Steady Shot if you press it normally and Aimed Shot if you press shift. Binding multiple abilities to a single button still require you to make the decision and do something differently to execute different actions.

If you must have a macro that can be pressed robotically, you could do something like:

/castsequence Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Aimed Shot

Which will just go through that progression over and over to build sufficient focus before firing Aimed Shot. It won't be close to optimal, but the whole idea of Blizzard's current macro design is that a one-button (no modifier) macro can't DPS optimally for you.
    Last edited by shanthi; 2013-08-28 at 10:36 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    you can't by macro, you could use autohotkey to press 2 buttons together but it's against ToS
    Last edited by S7orm; 2013-08-29 at 06:43 AM.