Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    spam portal so your pit lord just takes the doomguard's aggro and soaks the damage so you just focus on blowing shit up. realistically if you dump aggro properly you should not see many dots or chaos bolts aimed at you.

save soul shatter for fel puppies so you can just los the pit lord and aggro the fel hounds and blow em up quick

if you keep dumping aggro there is more chance you will have to dodge less things and dps more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    spam portal so your pit lord just takes the doomguard's aggro and soaks the damage so you just focus on blowing shit up. realistically if you dump aggro properly you should not see many dots or chaos bolts aimed at you.

save soul shatter for fel puppies so you can just los the pit lord and aggro the fel hounds and blow em up quick

if you keep dumping aggro there is more chance you will have to dodge less things and dps more
    Eh what? Ignore this post if you ever want to get your green fire. This fight has nothing to do with aggro dumping (only on doomguard so pit lord can tank him). And really dump aggro on felhunters? Lol, are you suggesting it's a good idea to get your enslave eaten?

I'm sorry but dumping aggro has nothing to do with this fight. You should focus on lining up your chaos bolt spam with Pit Lords Charge, LoS his Chaos Bolt, kill of the pups while not eating your enslave and keep yourself dispelled at all times.

If you want to know how to execute this fight properly, please take a look at this video:
    http://youtu.be/i8jZcA2GUWo?t=9m50s

Be sure to start @ 9 minutes and 50 seconds to see the important part. This video may be a bit lengthy and in depth, but it's definitely one that will help you progress through this fight and teach you what you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Eh what? Ignore this post if you ever want to get your green fire. This fight has nothing to do with aggro dumping (only on doomguard so pit lord can tank him). And really dump aggro on felhunters? Lol, are you suggesting it's a good idea to get your enslave eaten?

I'm sorry but dumping aggro has nothing to do with this fight. You should focus on lining up your chaos bolt spam with Pit Lords Charge, LoS his Chaos Bolt, kill of the pups while not eating your enslave and keep yourself dispelled at all times.

If you want to know how to execute this fight properly, please take a look at this video:
    http://youtu.be/i8jZcA2GUWo?t=9m50s

Be sure to start @ 9 minutes and 50 seconds to see the important part. This video may be a bit lengthy and in depth, but it's definitely one that will help you progress through this fight and teach you what you need to know.
    Ignore this post.....

Seriously this fight is 10000000% easier with aggro dump, also MrHappy is suggesting saving SoulShatter so you don't have to worry about Kal casting Chaos bolt on you, the pitlord will not get aggro on the Felpuppies since he won't do any damage on them until you use charge on the third felpuppy which will die before the stun wears off.

62K DPS - This is the problem. You need to enslave demon the pit lord and use his stun. The debuff and the fact that the boss won't be able to do anything for awhile will greatly increase your DPS. Don't just use it to interrupt Cata. I do about 140K raid-buffed normally and did around 180K on this fight self-buffed.

By far most of my wipes were because of doomlords. I let the pitlord tank them, but they would still start shooting 50k shadow bolts at me towards the end of the fight even though I spammed gate every 15s. It was either a bug or my rain of fire somehow tagged them even though I had almost 100% gate debuff uptime.. I don't know.

I did it very early on with low ilvl so the fight dragged out longer than it should. In decent gear and getting buffed 2-3 chaos bolts per stun should finish the fight before it gets messy/buggy. My best advice would be to not save the pitlord stun, use it a lot and squeeze in a lot of damage. Of course make sure it's off cd to interrupt cataclysms, but spam it otherwise for significant dps increase.

my best advise would be macro macro macro. and keep trying, I spent an entire week on that quest before i got it down

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroxo View Post
    Ignore this post.....

Seriously this fight is 10000000% easier with aggro dump, also MrHappy is suggesting saving SoulShatter so you don't have to worry about Kal casting Chaos bolt on you, the pitlord will not get aggro on the Felpuppies since he won't do any damage on them until you use charge on the third felpuppy which will die before the stun wears off.
    Dude what? He will ALWAYS cast Chaos Bolt on you at a set interval. I don't know what some of you people are smoking but you have no clue whatsoever about this fight.

Mind you, he will never cast Chaos Bolt right after the third fel pup or during that time. Though if you fail killing the pups he will in time. I don't even know how you think that soulshattering is a way to preemptively avoid a Chaos Bolt. YOU are ALWAYS the target of Chaos Bolt and once again it is set at specific intervals. If you did not notice this at all then you need to improve your awareness.

If you chaos bolt+havoc the first two pups during stun and kill the third quickly you have like 10-15 seconds before the Chaos Bolt even comes up.

Dude what? He will ALWAYS cast Chaos Bolt on you at a set interval. I don't know what some of you people are smoking but you have no clue whatsoever about this fight.

Mind you, he will never cast Chaos Bolt right after the third fel pup or during that time. Though if you fail killing the pups he will in time. I don't even know how you think that soulshattering is a way to preemptively avoid a Chaos Bolt. YOU are ALWAYS the target of Chaos Bolt and once again it is set at specific intervals. If you did not notice this at all then you need to improve your awareness.

If you chaos bolt+havoc the first two pups during stun and kill the third quickly you have like 10-15 seconds before the Chaos Bolt even comes up.
    Erm, I know I haven't completed the quest but I must disagree with this, using the portals to aggro dump I NEVER have been hit by a chaos bolt... (Apart the time it devours my enslave and he trolls me hard and kills me )

LoS the bolt seems a lot more effort for something that can be as simple as making pit lord take chaos bolts!

You are very opinionated about a strat you obviously haven't even tried out yourself. If you aggro dump with gate on cooldown the boss won't even cast chaos bolts to begin with. It is a very well known and utilized "bug". He might cast one, two at most over the entire duration of the fight. Sometimes he might even waste time casting a chaos bolt without it ever actually happening. On my kill he only cast one single chaos bolt.

Just hit 25% my best yet, but I RoF to kill 3rd imps and the doomguards aggroed on me: (

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    You are very opinionated about a strat you obviously haven't even tried out yourself. If you aggro dump with gate on cooldown the boss won't even cast chaos bolts to begin with. It is a very well known and utilized "bug". He might cast one, two at most over the entire duration of the fight. Sometimes he might even waste time casting a chaos bolt without it ever actually happening. On my kill he only cast one single chaos bolt.
    If this is the case then I apologize. I didn't know that there was a bug which allowed you to bypass the Chaos Bolt. I only used the Gateway to dump aggro on Doomguards or when I was in a bad spot and was forced to take the Gateway because I was out of range to use the portal.

7% and there was too many imps + I lost aggro on doomlord AGAIN

You could banish/fear the Doom guard, but you can also make the pitlord aggro it as said above. Another thing i want to mention is, you can soak a chaos bolt ( Or atleast i could ) by lining up Twilight Ward and the Sac pact, which would mean that you have higher uptime on the boss. Another thing i found usefull is, safe some embers so that, when you must stun the boss, like with cataclysm, you can take full advantage of the 100% buff so continuously cast chaos bolts on him. I found myself hitting him for 1m+, which would be like 3-4% of hit health, which is of course very helpfull aswell. Also, I'd advise you to instantly aggro a felhunter when it spawns, so avoid it from stealing the enslave demon. What i did was i would banish the 1st on that would come out instantly with my macro, i would then have my pit lord charge the 2nd one and 1hit it with a chaos bolt ( Havoc'd to boss too ofc ) and just normally kill the 3rd one when tanking it.

i've got some macro that i found usefull aswell

#showtooltip Enslave Demon
    /target Pit Lord
    /cast Enslave Demon
    /targetlasttarget
    This allows you to basicly enslave the pitlord without any issues. Do mind it has targetlasttarget in it, so you might, as me, think you're casting enslave on the boss

#showtooltip
    /target Felhunter
    /cast Banish
    This will help you banish the felhunters easily, and alternatively, you can change the felhunter name to the name of the doom guards to help you out there. You can also change the banish to fear ofc and make seperate macros for both felhunters and doomguards

I do wanna note that this worked for me. I killed him during the 2nd felhunter phase, with more or less 505 item level.
    Last edited by mitbrandir; 2013-08-30 at 01:04 PM.

Okay, I am fine with all the tactics now, just my Pit Lords DIES on about 10% left?!?!?!?! I am so confused and lost, I got too round 3 of imps and he just killed my pitlord....

Using the gateway will drop all of your threat as long as there are other targets who attack. If you are the only target, it does nothing.
    However, in the Green Fire case, he will continue to target you and do his cast cycle as intended. In fact, he is unaffected by threat. This is of course logical because otherwise it would trivialize the encounter too much.
    Not true. He continues to cast DoTs on you, but threat is on the pit lord while you have the gateway debuff. He casts Soul Fire on the pit lord and will not cast Chaos Bolt at all if you have the gateway debuff. In fact, I would send the pit lord behind a pillar before Kanrethad summoned the fel hunters and he would chase the pit lord. I can't take credit for discovering any of this. I watched a lot of Youtube videos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshiren View Post
    Okay, I am fine with all the tactics now, just my Pit Lords DIES on about 10% left?!?!?!?! I am so confused and lost, I got too round 3 of imps and he just killed my pitlord....
    I ran into the same issue since my gear wasn't good enough to kill the dude soon enough. During or after he summons the 2nd doom lord go through one full channel of Health Funnel and follow it up with a Soul Shatter. Health Funnel restores a LOT of his health.

2% left, this is getting painful now xD

You can health funnel the pitlord if he gets low. Also, be sure to use the Pitlord's heal.

2% you got this!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

remember to use unbound will to remove the dots. and like numbut said use health funnel

I got it guys!!! Thanks to all who helped me! Great help from the forums!

great to hear:P. what ilvl did you do it? still gearing him up after i got blow up by the stone hear boss:P