Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Guild Kicked for incapability...?

A little of a back-story: I'm a full time student, I'm 16 and just about to have yearly examinations in less than a week, my father is strict on me and my education and he's told me that I wont be able to play WoW for the next 2 weeks so I can study for these exams.

So last night, I spoke to my guild leader, I've been in this raiding guild for about 2-3 months on a pretty low populated server. We've finished ToT on normal, killed Lei Shen most of the time, so we are extremely capable of doing SOO, my father spoke to me and gave me a lecture on the whole "Do you want to succeed in life?" and what not..., I realize that this is pretty important, so I told my guild leader that I would have to be gone for 2 weeks, I would be back before the new patch hits. There are many stand-by's in the guild, and have the gear and the skill to be able to raid ToT, we are clearing ToT every week doing Heroics at the same time, however I always have to be on despite my examinations within the next 2 weeks.

We spoke on ventrilo, and he was pretty kind about it, straight up that I've been incapable these past few weeks and I need to have much better time management, but I think it's extrememly unfair that this much stress has to be carried on my shoulders... He kicked me from the guild, full stop, even after I told him all that's going on.

Wanted to get your opinions on this...

Find a different guild. Save some cash for an xfer. Write it off, be an adult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just remember that the bricks you lay today in early education will be a house someday.

The bricks you lay in World of Warcraft are nonexistant.

Honestly the guy did you a favour, your exams and school are way more important than a guild in WoW. Take your time off, work hard for your exams, and when you come back, find a nice guild that understand about real life priorities.

Goodluck with your exams

I personally don't think students belong in raiding guilds since they have considerably less time to invest into raids/strats/time put into the game in general.
    Most guilds I've seen and been a part of require you be 18+ for this reason. Also because "kids" under 18 are in less control of their lives than more "mature" or older people.
    I.e your dad telling you straight up you can't play WoW.
    Sorry and best of luck finding a more laid back and tolerant guild for students and underaged players.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkside of the rock, at the bottom of your garden
    In short, you GM is a douche

Dont worry about the game(exams ARE important)

Find a new guild after exams, enjoy the game

Sorted

By incapable do you mean incapable of making the raids or incapable of the required skill to be in the guild?

Anyway every story has 2 sides so it's pretty hard to make a judgement, although if you explained you'd be back in 2 weeks it seems strange he'd kick you.

Maybe there's another reason you don't know/haven't mentioned to us

Every post above me is on point. The game is not important by any means compared to your education. There is no stress in this game unless you allow it. I'd suggest taking more than 2 weeks off if this moment stressed you out.

So you're 16. You need 2 weeks to study for tests? What? I'm a tad bit confused as to how that's possible.

Regardless, just find another guild. Really isn't a big deal.

Education > Raiding. Focus on your studies and find a guild that will work around your schedule in the future.

The reason was not being able to make the raids, that's IT. I'm always either 2nd or close to first on the dps charts, I'm very aware in-raid, and I do balance it with school pretty fine, but I guess he doesn't see it that way.

There are things your not telling us like maybe your DPS is the lowest in your raid if you dps or your a horrible tank if you tank. Maybe you have a bad attitude or something their might be other things he kicked you for. I wouldn't see why he couldn't put you on standby maybe but I mean if you cant play you cant play. Hes of course going to fill spots he needs to fill since you won't be on I don't see the problem here.

Real life> Wow and a lot of people make the mistake of putting it the other way, I have multiple times. Find another guild that fits your time schedule and maybe you'll succeed even further than what you guys were doing in your old guild.

High School must be a lot tougher in Australia. I'm pretty sure I spent more hours raiding when I was 16 than I spent in school and studying combined and still breezed through.

High School is like a 4 year long GED test in the US. It's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    High School must be a lot tougher in Australia. I'm pretty sure I spent more hours raiding when I was 16 then I spent in school and studying combined and still breezed through.
    Not everyone is the same. For someone that breezed through, your common sense seems to be lacking:P

Hes an ass but its his guild. End of story.

Props to you for putting real life priorities over raiding! You did the right thing in this situation by focusing on your exams. It is unfortunate that you got kicked, but there are plenty of other great guilds out there that match your schedule.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Your life and future are much more important than WoW. Focus on those.

Don't stress out over it, seriously. I was at your age once and went through the same thing too. I was a pretty hardcore raider and put WoW over my studies since I was a naive kid, thinking that it's not that big a deal as opposed to the instant gratification I was getting from WoW. Thinking back on it now that I'm a lot older, I laugh about how something like that caused me stress.

It sucks to lose your friends you've made, and a place you feel you are a part of, but all those really, REALLY pale in comparison to your education and life. I can't tell you enough about how much you need to focus on your studies and not let this bother you. Get your exams done, then if you really miss them, try to reapp and see how it goes. If they won't take you back then really, put it off and find a guild that actually understands your priorities (and I hope your priorities are you studies!) or just enjoy the game casually - it's really not that bad.

Trust me, this is not something you will regret - messing up your life is.

Most heroic guild won't even accept people under 18 for the reasons you are experiencing. The guy feels like you are not capable of managing your raid time and RL time, which is the case with the majority of people under 18 (or even under 21). Nothing sucks more than showing up to 100% of raids, just to have someone who only shows up to half of them come in and take an item you've been trying to get for months.

Find another guild that's more casual. Almost all raiding guilds kick people for lack of attendance though, just a heads up. Flex should be right up your lane, there should be many flex-only guilds that won't require as much attendance.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-08-28 at 11:29 PM.

Deleted
    Count it as a good thing. I don't think you need this kind of pressure or guild when you're 16 and needing to focus on studies. Find a guild that's more understanding / suitable for your time schedule. Honestly you'll find a better fit. Just add any friends you made to your friends list and let them know they can still contact you if they want to talk and then focus on your studies. Games will be there your whole life if you want them to be, if you mess up at school it'll be a lot more difficult to recover from.