Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    why?

how someone runs their guild is none of our business lol
    The entire thing does come across as incredibly bias, to the point where it's hard to imagine the guild leader and I imagine his officers to, would choose to kick this kid for such a short term reason, especially at the end of a tier.

It'd be interesting to hear the GM or an ex-guildies opinion on the matter

wow is a game.

school is life.

Just find another guild - I wouldn't really worry about it right now. To be fair, the other 9 people in the guild would end up just having for you, and it would be hard to find a replacement who would raid under the condition "it will only be for two weeks". Maybe just talk to the GM after the 2 weeks are up?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best players in any game are almost always intelligent people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageRawr View Post
    A little of a back-story: I'm a full time student, I'm 16 and just about to have yearly examinations in less than a week, my father is strict on me and my education and he's told me that I wont be able to play WoW for the next 2 weeks so I can study for these exams.

So last night, I spoke to my guild leader, I've been in this raiding guild for about 2-3 months on a pretty low populated server. We've finished ToT on normal, killed Lei Shen most of the time, so we are extremely capable of doing SOO, my father spoke to me and gave me a lecture on the whole "Do you want to succeed in life?" and what not..., I realize that this is pretty important, so I told my guild leader that I would have to be gone for 2 weeks, I would be back before the new patch hits. There are many stand-by's in the guild, and have the gear and the skill to be able to raid ToT, we are clearing ToT every week doing Heroics at the same time, however I always have to be on despite my examinations within the next 2 weeks.

We spoke on ventrilo, and he was pretty kind about it, straight up that I've been incapable these past few weeks and I need to have much better time management, but I think it's extrememly unfair that this much stress has to be carried on my shoulders... He kicked me from the guild, full stop, even after I told him all that's going on.

Wanted to get your opinions on this...
    Assuming you're giving us the entire story (you never know), your guild leader sounds like an asshole. He gkicked you because you're trying to be responsible with your exams and studying? Tell him to piss off, and find yourself a guild that isn't run by a moron.

Listen to your Father and don't sweat the hair-brained guild leader.

We kick people that can't commit in my guild too. No point gearing someone who won't be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as you're from Sydney I'm assuming that you're doing your year 10 School Certificate?

Depending on your personal needs for preparation for exams (I'm the type who performs worse when I DO study), if you feel the need to take the time off, take the time off. Fucking up your School Cert is a pretty big deal in NSW if I remember correctly, and the exams are certainly not easy.

As for your guild, a gkick on the spot is pretty brutal, so your GM seems like a douche, even in some of my most hardcore raiding days my GMs would prefer to downrank the player instead of gkicking unless it was to get rid of a venemous player. I'd recommend just finding a new guild, a guildmaster acting that ruthless in a normal mode guild is completely out of line and is in need of an expectations re-alignment. Find a guild with relaxed hours/attendance reqs that don't act too cocky for their own good.

PS. I moved from NSW schooling to QLD schooling after finishing my year 10 school cert, just to find out that QLD year 10 didn't have to do any exam of the sort and that the final QLD exam for grade 12 is a core skills test instead of a brutal multi-discipline-exam like NSW's HSC! I dodged a bullet there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Just remember that the bricks you lay today in early education will be a house someday.

The bricks you lay in World of Warcraft are nonexistant.
    The best answer. It sucks but really you are making the better decision by putting your studies first. That is what really matters.

GM sounds like a loser that puts the game ahead of his real life. I don't know the full story and all that, but if someone needed 2 weeks off for something going on in real life, it's completely understandable.

I'm not sure why he would kick you, all he'd have to do is put a replacement in for that time and you'd be back when the patch hits. My guess is that he had more than one reason for kicking you, maybe he didn't like you? I don't know.

Either way, focus on school and never put the game ahead of anything in the real world, nothing will ever come of it.

The reason was not being able to make the raids, that's IT. I'm always either 2nd or close to first on the dps charts, I'm very aware in-raid, and I do balance it with school pretty fine, but I guess he doesn't see it that way.
    Speaking as a former guild master myself; top ranking players with attendance problems meant as much to me as low ranking players who showed up every night. If your guild's attendance policies were clear and you couldn't meet them, that's on you.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    Speaking as a former guild master myself; top ranking players with attendance problems meant as much to me as low ranking players who showed up every night. If your guild's attendance policies were clear and you couldn't meet them, that's on you.
    100% this.

I would rather take a person to my raids who turned up every single raid night, prepared and who was willing to learn, numbers I can help them with. I can feed them gear, direct them to guides, run them through dungeons etc.

The problem isnt hes taking time off, the problem is because he is a teenager his schedule is at the mercy of his parents. As a raid leader you just cannot rely on that.

Your profile says your from Australia so I'm going to assume you're on an Oceanic server, in which case you will find this from many lesser progressed guilds. A lot (and I mean A LOT) of guilds that are barely capable of clearing normal modes on Oceanic seem to have an idea that everyone needs 100% attendance and they run the guild in such a strict way that it ends up being that the only differences between them and a top 5 world guild is player skill/time.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said don't waste your life on a game, games are supposed to be played for fun not a be a replacement for your career.
    But as you said as beeing a dps you can easily be replaced and thats why probably you got kicked straight away, while guilds would reconsider kicking the main tank or a healer more.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little of a back-story: I'm a full time student, I'm 16 and just about to have yearly examinations in less than a week, my father is strict on me and my education and he's told me that I wont be able to play WoW for the next 2 weeks so I can study for these exams.

So last night, I spoke to my guild leader, I've been in this raiding guild for about 2-3 months on a pretty low populated server. We've finished ToT on normal, killed Lei Shen most of the time, so we are extremely capable of doing SOO, my father spoke to me and gave me a lecture on the whole "Do you want to succeed in life?" and what not..., I realize that this is pretty important, so I told my guild leader that I would have to be gone for 2 weeks, I would be back before the new patch hits. There are many stand-by's in the guild, and have the gear and the skill to be able to raid ToT, we are clearing ToT every week doing Heroics at the same time, however I always have to be on despite my examinations within the next 2 weeks.

We spoke on ventrilo, and he was pretty kind about it, straight up that I've been incapable these past few weeks and I need to have much better time management, but I think it's extrememly unfair that this much stress has to be carried on my shoulders... He kicked me from the guild, full stop, even after I told him all that's going on.

Wanted to get your opinions on this...
    What is 2 weeks going to do? This is fishy. We're going through the same thing right now, and do at the end of every content patch. A big rush of "Things come up" the last month or so, and then like magic, when new content hits, everyone shows up and nobody has anything going on and everyone can raid! ITS A MIRACLE!

But I think there's more to the story. Your father gave you a "Do you want to succeed in life" and your answer to that was to take 2 measly weeks away from the game? Come on.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    The best players in any game are almost always intelligent people.
    Not really my middleschool mate who was best of the whole generation and always had max grades sucked balls at wow. He was doing 2k dps in naxx 25 :/
    Where another friend of mine who was a total dumbass was a 2k arena player. Sure most people on mmo champion will say 2k sucks and noobs can get it but i think it requires atleast some skill and coordination.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-08-30 at 01:18 AM.

the people that take this game so serious that they kick players and treat them like dirt is pathetic imo. nerdrage christ. my guild is so relaxing. someone cant make it, they just say they cant in the calender. no big deal. someone will replace them for the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    the people that take this game so serious that they kick players and treat them like dirt is pathetic imo. nerdrage christ. my guild is so relaxing. someone cant make it, they just say they cant in the calender. no big deal. someone will replace them for the night.
    Being passive/aggressive is pathetic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Being passive/aggressive is pathetic too.
    kicking someone because they can't make a guild run for 2 weeks is fucking pathetic. hes just a power hungry pos

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    ...and this my friends is the difference between a guild that progresses and a guild does not.

You may have a whole bunch of casuals or social members or what have you on standby, some guilds keep a very tight roster.