- Selling Chef's Hat -

Alright Ladies and Gents, I've come to you asking for your opinions. With 5.4 well on its way, bringing in many new players ( and their coin purses! ) along with it. I've decided market Chef Hats again.

Here's the original post made way back elaborating the process - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...at-Lf-opinions ( please do not necro it )

To summarize, its a package deal of 20x Waterlogged Recipes, rewarding 100x Epicurean's Awards. These Awards are otherwise acquired by completing two daily quests, The Dalaran cooking daily, and one of your Capital City dailies. The maximum of awards that can be obtained in one day is 4, that's assuming you're tasked with a double award reward from the Capital City Daily every day. The minimum amount of days required to purchase the hat amounts to 20 days, with a maximum of 34 days.

Now my question is, How much should I sell these for? The Hats are a bit easier to obtain now that the daily award limit was raised. Players now have much more gold than they did back in wrath/cat. And the recipes are much more uncommon, only the persistent do the Dalaran Fishing daily. Also please note that players may need to farm their own mats for the Dalaran cooking dailies.

My asking price is 15k, What do you guys think?

Deleted
    What server?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A look at Undermine Journal tells you're basically adding 50% to average price for convenience of getting them all together. Seems...kinda OK, I guess. The only problem would be finding someone interested. Since you did manage to sell them those 1.5 years ago, I assume your realm is high-pop enough.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppipolla View Post
    Alright Ladies and Gents, I've come to you asking for your opinions. With 5.4 well on its way, bringing in many new players ( and their coin purses! ) along with it. I've decided market Chef Hats again.

Here's the original post made way back elaborating the process - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...at-Lf-opinions ( please do not necro it )

To summarize, its a package deal of 20x Waterlogged Recipes, rewarding 100x Epicurean's Awards. These Awards are otherwise acquired by completing two daily quests, The Dalaran cooking daily, and one of your Capital City dailies. The maximum of awards that can be obtained in one day is 4, that's assuming you're tasked with a double award reward from the Capital City Daily every day. The minimum amount of days required to purchase the hat amounts to 20 days, with a maximum of 34 days.

Now my question is, How much should I sell these for? The Hats are a bit easier to obtain now that the daily award limit was raised. Players now have much more gold than they did back in wrath/cat. And the recipes are much more uncommon, only the persistent do the Dalaran Fishing daily. Also please note that players may need to farm their own mats for the Dalaran cooking dailies.

My asking price is 15k, What do you guys think?
    15k was ok in Cata. I'd go for 25k now since Cooking is so much more needed now in MoP and people have more gold.

Deleted
    If i wanted it, id pay 15k
    then again, looks preeeeetty niche to me.

Not sure about 25k, but would I pay 15k for it. Imo 15k is fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd start at 18k. 2k below 20k is enough that people still don't feel they are paying 20k for it (which I think most people will feel is too much) but it's 3k more then 15k, which I think most people interested in this will find reasonable. Not to mention if people start haggeling you still have some margin to get to 15k.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    15k was ok in Cata. I'd go for 25k now since Cooking is so much more needed now in MoP and people have more gold.

I didn't even think about all the MoP cooking people do. I think I will bump it up to 18k

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    What server?
    Wildhammer - Listed as Medium pop, Is very low pop.