HDMI issue on Laptop

Hello,

I am trying to hook up my laptop to my tv via HDMI, and after 30 minutes of video I lost signal. I have reinstalled video drivers, updated BIOS, and played around with the order of events to hook it up.

What me and the tech from the manufacturer have determined is that my laptop isn't detecting the TV from the HDMI port, which leads me to believe that my HDMI port is dead/not functional, where they might have to replace the motherboard.

Before going any further, would it be more economical to just replace the laptop with a new one? My current laptop is no longer under warranty, and is only used for music/movies and microsoft office. Cheaper to buy a new laptop or get my current laptop (which runs super slow) fixed?

Deleted
    Does your TV have multiple HDMI inputs. If so have you switched between them?

Does your TV and/or laptop support HDCP?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Does your TV and/or laptop support HDCP?
    How is that relevant when it did work for the first 30 minutes?

I have tried a different TV and HDMI cable, didn't work. I tried the current TV and HDMI cable with a friend's laptop and it works

- - - Updated - - -

I have also tried with all HDMI ports on the TV

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    How is that relevant when it did work for the first 30 minutes?
    Just spitballing. Common problem.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Hi there Nthrxx, I would first see how much it costs to get the motherboard repaired. If it is cheap (most likely not) then get it done, only because speeding up a computer can be done for free in certain cases. Even running through and deleting old files can speed it up. Otherwise I would just buy a new computer. You can get a cheap Notebook these days to do all of the things that you want, for about £300 not including deals and discounts.