Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

GM ANSWER: To late!

So here is what happened!

3 Days ago!
    Me and my brother + 2 more friends was having fun, doing Random Battlegrounds and was trying to beat each other on Killing Blows.

After we have been doing this for like 3h's my brother suddenly got DC'd. (where not in a BG atm) so we just started to duell untill he should be back on.
    (We where all talking in skype)

He Said: Someone have changed my password... (he uses an authenticator)
    So he does a Password Recovery.

Gets back in to the game, 3 minutes later DC again.
    Again someone have changed his password...

Scan the computer, no viruses or anything, full scan everything and nothing shows up.
    Does a password recovery again and logs back on.

Now here is where the fun starts.
    When he got DC'd he had 5 lvl 90's, Now he have 1! All others where Deleted.

So what do we do, he made an in game ticket and calls Blizzard support (security department) they told him to do an IN-GAME AND OUTOF-GAME Ticket so he does.

Avrage w8 time: 7 Days (these times are never correct)
    So we keept playing...

Today he gets a respons (remind you he have been calling blizzard every day and they just tell him to make an IN/OUT of game ticket and w8).

GAME MASTER RESPONS:
    We are very sorry for what have happend to you and your account.
    We Will not be able to restore you characters/gold/items due to the fact that it have been to long since the characters/items/gold where lost.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!
    Wtf is this bullshit!

So he calls Blizzard and explains the situation and the answer he gets is:
    Sometimes Queue times is very long and we try to help anyone that is in need.
    We apologise for this and will make sure it does not happen again.

Have you guys ever experienced anything like this?

EDIT:
    Apparently there is very few ppl that belive me and keep calling me and/or my brother a lier!
    I feel very sad over this because i was coming here for help...

I will leave this thread for now due to the fact that my lunch break at work is over and will update everyone later today with
    whatever respons we get.

When i get home im going to tell my brother so send me the screenies of evrything so ppl would stop calling us liers.

I was just coming here for some advice and help and the only one that have acctully tried to help is Gehco Thank you Gehco!
    Last edited by mmocac820410e9; 2013-08-30 at 09:11 AM.

I had my warlock restored 18 months after I had deleted it, so you either have a real stupid GM or your friend is lying/playing a joke on you.

Deleted
    No i have been over there and seen everything all the out of game tickets and answers.

He have made aditional tickets today and hopes for a better result because this is just plain stupid.

They take very long to help him and when they respond they say it have been to long since they where deleted.... *Sigh*

Deleted
    Yeah complete BS..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am sure some people will be able to explain to me how he got hacked without having malicious software AND and Authenticator and whoever stole his account just deleted 4 of 5 lv 90.

There are also stories how Blizzard even restored accidentally deleted chars by the proper user.

I certainly don't get it.
    Thats the thing how are they doing this??? Authenticator and no malicious software... i dont get it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    Yeah complete BS..
    Thanks for the quick and smart answer

Seriusly this aint BS it actully happend!

Deleted
    If he has an authenticator then there is no way he would be able to be hacked once, let alone several times.

Your friend is either bullshitting you or he's dealing with a hacker which can guess authenticator codes, probably a psychic.

There is no way an authenticator could be hacked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    GMs can restore characters deleted months ago. Your story seems fishy.
    Yeah we hope for better support from the Next GM we talk to..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    If he has an authenticator then there is no way he would be able to be hacked once, let alone several times.

Your friend is either bullshitting you or he's dealing with a hacker which can guess authenticator codes, probably a psychic.
    After doing some proper searching on the interwebs i have found several accounts with authenticators that have been hacked but i have no clue how they do it

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Characters above a certain level are never deleted from Blizzard's database, so they should be recoverable. I restored an 80 DK of mine I deleted sometime in Wrath or Cataclysm in 5.1 and it was fine. A friend of mine also managed to recover a Rogue and Paladin of his (85 and 71 respectively), which he deleted end of wrath and early Cataclysm. So yeah, all of the 90s will definitely be recoverable.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

There's got to be more to the story than you are telling us. Such as your friend had items on his toons and was hoping the GM would restore the items and his toons. I've seen and had them restore a toon that was at least 2 years old before.

So there's definitely more to your story. Sounds more like your friend was trying to duplicate certain items or something and the GM noticed it.

Deleted
    I though the Authenticator would be like the TOP security...

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post

There is no way an authenticator could be hacked.
    Authenticators are not impossible to get around, they are just very hard.

So he has an authenticator, he got hacked multiple times in one day, he doesn't have any viruses, and Blizzard refused to restore his characters?

Somehow that doesn't add up. Not gonna lie, don't believe it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can restore some of your characters on the battlenet website I think... it's automated let me try and see what I can find.

edit: Weird, I could've sworn I saw an option to restore a deleted character on battlenet a few months back...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-08-30 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted
    nobody could change your password that quick if you got an authenticator. I don´t even think it would actually be possible.
    that really sounds like a call for attention, or your brother is just trolling you. Noway this ever happends under this circumstances.
    just a further attempt to make blizzard look bad
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-08-30 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There's got to be more to the story than you are telling us. Such as your friend had items on his toons and was hoping the GM would restore the items and his toons. I've seen and had them restore a toon that was at least 2 years old before.

So there's definitely more to your story. Sounds more like your friend was trying to duplicate certain items or something.
    duplicate certain items??
    Didnt even know... dont GM check these thing so they dont duplicate stuff O.o

Well this is everything I know and i dont think he in to that stuff... He is almost allways broke ;P or well around 2-4k gold

I really frankly do not believe this.

Items and characters get restored constantly, and over a much, much longer period of time than just 3 days of having lost the items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never experienced such, nor don't I really believe the part of not restoring characters. They can back-track up to 24 months back, and bring your character back - BUT, if items has been sold on the same day as the deletion (say 24 months back) then you can't get those back. Considering that your brothers characters was deleted within 96 hours time, give or take an hour, they are completely able to reconstruct deleted characters and equipment - UNLESS, they can see that you sold your equipment and kept the gold.

Though, for cases like this, I find it amazing it took so long. Did he keep resetting/resending tickets? Normally something like this has an average response time of 10 min to 3 hours (That is my experience when I help friends with their cases. 34 situations over the past 3 years, max took 3 hours, min 10 minutes).

Missing them details, I think.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-08-30 at 08:57 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    You can restore some of your characters on the battlenet website I think... it's automated let me try and see what I can find.
    OMG that would help us sooooo much <3
    Never even though of this

I have had characters restored from months [if not over a year] ago, I think after 6 months they lose their possessions but that's about it. The characters are never fully deleted so calling BS on the GM unless you're not understanding him and he's telling you to restore via the new features.