I mean, I challenge you to name 10...no, lets make it easy, 5 things that blizzard could use as "new" directions to take the lore that have not already been set up for a long time, or are not a "just a setback" villian return.
Btw, that means you dont get to do any of the following
- Azshara (or any of the content surrounding her stuff) since it is pretty much a given that an expantion dealing with her is coming
- bring back Illidan, no matter how much fanboy wank he has going for him, He is dead...the end.
- Emerald Nightmare, since blizzard wrapped up that lore in one of their novels
- The legion (see Azshara)
So go ahead. Expound on the vast untouched goldmines of lore that the WoW team has somehow forgotten. Tell me about all those great villians just waiting in the wings. Cause I would love to know exactly what you think blizzard could build an expantion around that wouldnt require huge amounts of NEW lore pulled out of their asses just to back it up. I mean, hell, Blizz made an entire expantion based around Deathwing and the vast majority of players who are not heavily into lore had no freaking clue who he even was.....
I mean, other then what the heck Alleria / Turalion have been up to, what the deal with Zul is, and what exactly is on the "other" side of azeroth, there are very few "fresh" unexplored lore angles for blizzard work with.
Last edited by Surfd; 2013-08-30 at 05:46 AM.
What I don't get about mop is how it goes from "bringing the war back to warcraft" to "let's be frenemies"
Look man, I know Cataclysm sucked, but we can't ignore that it happened.
"It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"
The lesson of MoP isn't that we should be peaceful and cooperative. It's about the consequences to our actions.
- - - Updated - - -
Five Common MMO-C Misconceptions:
1. If I'm burnt out on WoW, the game must be less exciting than it was in BC/Wrath.
2. If Guild Wars 2 can do it, WoW should have done it 4-9 years ago.
3. Anything I don't get free is another way to milk the players for money.
4. "Don't hate me because I disagree" is a good way to shut down dissenting arguments.
5. GC is the root of all WoW's problems. Now that he is gone the game will be perfect again.
I don't disagree with you, OP, I'm just not entirely sure what you're trying to get at...
- - - Updated - - -
please refer to the term thrown around alot on this thread. Orc Jesus