Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thrall was the first pandaren, and he didn't require a whole expansion about himself

I love how people claim they know everything about Warcraft lore and go around telling everyone how pandaren are a "breath of fresh air" in terms of ideological impacts, that they're the first to try and make peace and blah blah.

Oh really?

So did Thrall made a pact with Jaina because he was out of Orcish tail? Did Jaina murder her own father because of daddy issues?

The entire Orc campaign was just about mindless slaughter of Orcs vs Humans am I right? And on countless instances before pandaria, Thrall didn't try to maintain relative peace between the Alliance and the Horde?

Noooooo, of course he didn't, we needed pandaren (OBVIOUSLY!) to show us the meaning of peace.

Deleted
    thrall pretty much has had an entire expansion about himself though.

and the pandaren are the first race as a whole that are seemingly peaceful, thrall is just orc jesus

A lot of Mists of Pandaria seems to be retreading concepts from Warcraft III. The Alliance and Horde don't need to be fighting, especially with greater threats out there, the orcs aren't all evil even though a Hellscream might willingly partake of some great evil power...

I don't know if Blizzard is being lazy or if they're trying to get the point across to World of Warcraft players who never played Warcraft III.

Who was the main hero NPC of Cataclysm, again?

(Never mind the RTS campaign that featured him.)

This thread gave me AIDS.

Infracted. Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-08-29 at 02:04 AM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

We needed Pandaria to introduce new lore and stories. That's what WoW has been lacking and it needs more of it.
    WoW should stop focusing on old Warcraft RTS lore (which it's almost out of anyway) and start branching off into new lore, which you seem to dislike the very thought of new lore.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    Who was the main hero NPC of Cataclysm, again?

(Never mind the RTS campaign that featured him.)
    Deathwing, clearly.

Also, Orc Jesus just about sums everything up here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what OP is trying to say... I'm assuming he doesn't like Pandarens though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    A lot of Mists of Pandaria seems to be retreading concepts from Warcraft III. The Alliance and Horde don't need to be fighting, especially with greater threats out there, the orcs aren't all evil even though a Hellscream might willingly partake of some great evil power...

I don't know if Blizzard is being lazy or if they're trying to get the point across to World of Warcraft players who never played Warcraft III.
    WTF? You don't know? Hellscream reignited a war that was never over just on hold. And now Horde and Alliance are once again working together to kill this threat. They spent a whole expansion setting the setting for this expansion (3 expansions really if you count up from when Thrall found and brought Hellscream back.) and you still don't understand?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    I love how people claim they know everything about Warcraft lore and go around telling everyone how pandaren are a "breath of fresh air" in terms of ideological impacts, that they're the first to try and make peace and blah blah.

Oh really?

So did Thrall made a pact with Jaina because he was out of Orcish tail? Did Jaina murder her own father because of daddy issues?

The entire Orc campaign was just about mindless slaughter of Orcs vs Humans am I right? And on countless instances before pandaria, Thrall didn't try to maintain relative peace between the Alliance and the Horde?

Noooooo, of course he didn't, we needed pandaren (OBVIOUSLY!) to show us the meaning of peace.
    the pandaren arent trying to maintain peace. if you think that you didnt pay any damn attention.

the pandaren have NO problem with war, they have NO problem with fighting, and they have NO problems with taking action against something.

what they ARE against is MINDLESS bloodshed, the main reason the horde and alliance are fighting at this point is basically "its always been this way" they also dont agree with fighting using anger or hatred, they fight without emotion and without feeling.

thats what people dont understand, the pandaren arent against war, they are against HOW we wage war.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Gotta love threads that start off with the OP in an argument with seemingly no person in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post

Oh really?

The pandaran were needed because no matter how hard Green Jesus tried, change was never going to come from WITHIN the alliance / horde dynamic. The Pandaran represent a neutral third party who stand mostly outisde of the Horde / Alliance conflict (other then of course, the obvious ramifications of what the arrival of said conflict on pandaria shores had exposed them to), and as such, are rather perfectly placed to look at the Horde / Alliance and really try to slap some sense into them.

This is very appearant after watching the short lore videos about the trials of Shaohao to get an idea of their background as well as from the confrontation between Jaina / Taran Tzu / Lorthemar on the isle of thunder.

Also, I think you are missing the point of what Thrall was trying to accomplish in the orc campaign. Thrall had no problem putting a boot on alliance neck when needed. He just preferred not to. For Thrall, it wasnt so much about peace, it was about finding a place where his people could start a new life. And if he could just get the alliance to let him and his be, he would have been perfectly fine. He didnt want "peace", so much as to be left alone (which are two different things).

And by the way, I must have completely missed that scene, cause I dont recall Jaina having anythign to do with killing Admiral Proudmore. She just didnt stop us from killing him. I mean, there are only so many times you can stop someone from being stupid before you conclude that they are too dumb to live and let them finally try getting their toast out of the toaster with a fork.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2013-08-29 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    Gotta love threads that start off with the OP in an argument with seemingly no person in particular.
    Multiple personalities perhaps?

In case you didn't notice, Cataclysm was pretty much an entire expansion about Thrall..

10+ Year Old Account
    In your Washing Machine, Stealing your Socks
    Listen to the data mined sound files - or even just some of the quest points brought up in Pandaira Quest Lines.

They are no peaceful by any means, "Why do we fight? Because it is in our Nature" - So no your points are null in void. The Pandarian are the about Harmony, yes, Peace hmm not so much the two are mutually exclusive concepts. The entire expansion - at least the pandarian side - has been about whats worth fighting for instead of fighting blind. If anything by that reasoning the Pandarian are oppisites of Peace, seriously read a book. The Tyranny of the Mogu, devastation of the Mantid, the dominance of the Yaungal, all effect the Pandarian Way of life - thats what's worth fighting for.

Thrall was running to find a home in Warcraft III - Admrial Pridemore threatened the tentative Peace that Jaina and Thrall worked so hard forge (Orc and Human blood was spilled at Hyjal) - whats worth fighting for is usually what's worth killing for.

Ignoring the fact that the OP's entire post was dripping with sarcasm - I'm disapointed Garrosh hasn't murded Thrall Judas style.
    I could be wrong but I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    no, the Mogu fight without feeling. The Pandaren fight for justice and defending their homes and family. They do not hate their opponents, they love those whom they are defending.
    the shado pan are the military force of the pandaren and they are trained to fight all enemies without any emotion whatsoever
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    His an Orc...
    Aye mate

Is there some kind of a point to this thread? It at least seems like random rage-filled gibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    thrall pretty much has had an entire expansion about himself though.

and the pandaren are the first race as a whole that are seemingly peaceful, thrall is just orc jesus
    Some where, some Draenei is crying...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Lolwhat? No we didnt. WoW has a billion stories that are infinitely better than condescending pandas telling us we need to "slow doowwwwnn".

They have barely even touched the surface in WoW when it comes to the lore.
    They've touched it... with a bloody hatchet T^T

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Lolwhat? No we didnt. WoW has a billion stories that are infinitely better than condescending pandas telling us we need to "slow doowwwwnn".

They have barely even touched the surface in WoW when it comes to the lore.
    What is there really left for expansions in WoW? We have Burning Legion, Azshara, Old Gods, and Emerald Dream. There is nothing else besides creating new lore.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing