Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the shado pan are the military force of the pandaren and they are trained to fight all enemies without any emotion whatsoever
    Shows quite well, with them getting their asses handed to them all the time, and succumbing to the Sha all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Lolwhat? No we didnt. WoW has a billion stories that are infinitely better than condescending pandas telling us we need to "slow doowwwwnn".

They have barely even touched the surface in WoW when it comes to the lore.
    Really? A billion stories? A billion stories that players who are not lorejunkies would recognise or even remotely care about without almost an entire expantion worth of lore and backstory to build them up. Kind of like what they did with pandaria, no?

I mean, I challenge you to name 10...no, lets make it easy, 5 things that blizzard could use as "new" directions to take the lore that have not already been set up for a long time, or are not a "just a setback" villian return.

Btw, that means you dont get to do any of the following
    - Azshara (or any of the content surrounding her stuff) since it is pretty much a given that an expantion dealing with her is coming
    - bring back Illidan, no matter how much fanboy wank he has going for him, He is dead...the end.
    - Emerald Nightmare, since blizzard wrapped up that lore in one of their novels
    - The legion (see Azshara)

So go ahead. Expound on the vast untouched goldmines of lore that the WoW team has somehow forgotten. Tell me about all those great villians just waiting in the wings. Cause I would love to know exactly what you think blizzard could build an expantion around that wouldnt require huge amounts of NEW lore pulled out of their asses just to back it up. I mean, hell, Blizz made an entire expantion based around Deathwing and the vast majority of players who are not heavily into lore had no freaking clue who he even was.....

I mean, other then what the heck Alleria / Turalion have been up to, what the deal with Zul is, and what exactly is on the "other" side of azeroth, there are very few "fresh" unexplored lore angles for blizzard work with.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2013-08-30 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    thrall pretty much has had an entire expansion about himself though.

and the pandaren are the first race as a whole that are seemingly peaceful, thrall is just orc jesus
    If there is one thing everyone should take away from this thread, it's that Thrall's new name is Orc Jesus.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't get about mop is how it goes from "bringing the war back to warcraft" to "let's be frenemies"

Look man, I know Cataclysm sucked, but we can't ignore that it happened.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The lesson of MoP isn't that we should be peaceful and cooperative. It's about the consequences to our actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thralls a... pandaren?

#boycottchina

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    thrall pretty much has had an entire expansion about himself though.

and the pandaren are the first race as a whole that are seemingly peaceful, thrall is just orc jesus
    Not to mention Thrall's peace was because the Orcs, at the time, couldn't contend with the full might of the Alliance if they went to war with Theramore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    A lot of Mists of Pandaria seems to be retreading concepts from Warcraft III. The Alliance and Horde don't need to be fighting, especially with greater threats out there, the orcs aren't all evil even though a Hellscream might willingly partake of some great evil power...

I don't know if Blizzard is being lazy or if they're trying to get the point across to World of Warcraft players who never played Warcraft III.
    Likely has to do with people who were claiming WoW is too peaceful. Blizz wanted to show everyone what war is, and therefor why the Horde and Alliance should never again come to all out war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thralls a... pandaren?

You just won the thread.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't disagree with you, OP, I'm just not entirely sure what you're trying to get at...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    I love how people claim they know everything about Warcraft lore and go around telling everyone how pandaren are a "breath of fresh air" in terms of ideological impacts, that they're the first to try and make peace and blah blah.

Oh really?

So did Thrall made a pact with Jaina because he was out of Orcish tail? Did Jaina murder her own father because of daddy issues?

The entire Orc campaign was just about mindless slaughter of Orcs vs Humans am I right? And on countless instances before pandaria, Thrall didn't try to maintain relative peace between the Alliance and the Horde?

Noooooo, of course he didn't, we needed pandaren (OBVIOUSLY!) to show us the meaning of peace.
    what is this OP even going on about?
    whom is he responding to?

Cough**Cataclysm**Cough

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    Gotta love threads that start off with the OP in an argument with seemingly no person in particular.
    I agree but for some reason I found this statement to be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Is there some kind of a point to this thread? It at least seems like random rage-filled gibberish.
    Yes.

OT: I love the Pandaren, I love the new lore, WOW was never better. I'm rather more afraid of the next expansion that goes back to old gods and faceless story... sigh... at least I'll have a new island to explore before it all ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thralls a... pandaren?

Was thinking the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Was thinking the same.

Pow, right in the kisser.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Yes.

OT: I love the Pandaren, I love the new lore, WOW was never better. I'm rather more afraid of the next expansion that goes back to old gods and faceless story... sigh... at least I'll have a new island to explore before it all ends.
    A couple million people will disagree with that statement, and if you don't like the new expansion, you can join them, or run around in circles...no wait, stroll around in circles in pandaria, because you need to slooooooow dooooown or some shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Thralls a... pandaren?

That's pretty much the psychological representation of Thrall throughout the WC3 campaign.

please refer to the term thrown around alot on this thread. Orc Jesus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoa View Post
    Deathwing, clearly.

Also, Orc Jesus just about sums everything up here.
    Ah yes, Deathwing: the shining hero of Cataclysm. :P