Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    You did exactly what I'm suggesting. You stopped sitting and became active/mobile! Aka, you weren't sedentary anymore!
    Kinda, but as I said. Never had back pain that's related to sitting, only from quick turns, or not lifting things correctly etc. Stupid things. And the few times that happens all you gotta do is be in activity. Which of course you suggested yourself, that much we agree on

Osgood-schlatters is supposed to go away with rest.
    Sure it can, but it's not a guarantee. I have myself had it in both knees for 13-14 years. Doesn't bother me, unless I kneel or squat which is pretty much impossible.
    Now I was never informed, not even by my doctors to get rest for my knees or any form for rehabilitation. So it's a no-brainer that it never went away.

Instead it ended up getting cartilage damage according to some recent scans, going to get second opinions though. Because my GP is the typical "nothing to do about that" type, here have some drugs.
    I just want the future to come asap, chop my legs off and get robotic ones instead! would be awesome until someone hacked into my new fancy legs and walked me off a cliff!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have back pain but that is due to years of military experience. I do try and get up every half an hour or so to stretch it out. It does help when I remember to get up and do that haha

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Inb4 "Anecdotal evidence blahhhhhhhh!"

But I sit in front of a computer for 10 or more hours a day up to 3 or 4 hour sessions. My eyes don't bother me and my back and neck, while not in optimal condition don't warrant any thought. So I'd say this is an exaggeration.
    Yup, it is a complete exaggeration.

I'm in my early 30s and since I was 4 I've been sitting for long periods each day - firstly at school, then at Uni, then at work. It hasn't had any effect that I can tell on my back, I never even get as much as a twinge. I'm far from unique - none of the other guys in the office have any back pain either.

It seems to be quite a widespread fallacy, in fact, that back pain is endemic. We had to endure a "health and safety" course recently regarding manual handling and the trainer made the assumption that everyone there was suffering back pain... "so, how many of you feel that your back pain is causing problems?" No hands went up. "How many of you have back pain on a regular basis?" No hands went up. He then made some comment about how we were a healthy bunch and changed the subject. (NB, there were 30 or so on the course, so it was a reasonable sample size).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I have back pain but that is due to years of military experience. I do try and get up every half an hour or so to stretch it out. It does help when I remember to get up and do that haha
    try to notice patterns or little events that happen regularly and use those as reminders to get up, stretch, move a bit.

i find that is helpful when i have to sit for long periods of time.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    try to notice patterns or little events that happen regularly and use those as reminders to get up, stretch, move a bit.

i find that is helpful when i have to sit for long periods of time.
    I've actually started doing that! It really does help. I never really notice how sore or tight my back is until I stand up to stretch and can feel it not wanting to loosen up haha.

It does allow me to sit at the comp longer when I do do that.

Haha, great picture on the 1st page. Loved that.

OP, know what you mean; I have pretty bad knee's after sitting down for more than a decade. Its not something that effects me much, but say if I have a rough week, where I haft to stand up or walk alot, it can be abit painfull. Talking 25-50 KM's walking a week, or standing up for 1 hour without breaks for X times a day.

...I do try think about it trough, but meh. I've been running since January now, and that hasen't caused any real pain aswell, exspect for 1 injure I had after I overdid a runnning session.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO