Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I have yet to see any evidence that links Assad to the attacks.
    SARIN GAS was used.
    They tested hair and blood samples!
    1400 people dead.
    Confirmed sarin gas was used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    SARIN GAS was used.
    They tested hair and blood samples!
    1400 people dead.
    Confirmed sarin gas was used.
    Did those hair and blood samples indicate who used it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

We should strike Syria because President Obama said that the use of chemical weapons was a red line that Assad better not cross. If the President harshly warns not to do something, and a country does it, the President better do something or we lose credibility. The world is watching. If we don't act now, then other countries will do the same thing and expect us not to act.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Did those hair and blood samples indicate who used it?
    I was being sarcastic.
    It seems all John Kerry needs to know is sarin gas was used and that automatically means Asad did it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    We should strike Syria because President Obama said that the use of chemical weapons was a red line that Assad better not cross. If the President harshly warns not to do something, and a country does it, the President better do something or we lose credibility. The world is watching. If we don't act now, then other countries will do the same thing and expect us not to act.
    Except no proof Asad used them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    aka a strike that has nothing to do with helping those who need help, but just shameless self serving politics. A strike won't accomplish anything, the only thing it does is hurting those who have had to endure enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by hardnoise View Post
    aka a strike that has nothing to do with helping those who need help, but just shameless self serving politics. A strike won't accomplish anything, the only thing it does is hurting those who have had to endure enough already.
    A strike would signify our commitment to back up our promises. If we threaten the use of force and drag our feet, our enemies will take note.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    well see there you did it again.
    THEY DIDN'T VOTE.
    Unless you are referring to some European parliament vote, which isn't in session, and don't have access to any military assets, and thusly cant vote on shit.
    when the president of another nation asks you "are you in" the answer is either yes or no. period. and there is a point where "investigating" is a pretty term for stalling. and i have not once referred to europe as a country, in spite of your insistence to interpret it otherwise - i referred to europe as a collective group of countries, which it is. im not going to list every damned country and their determination to appease semantic dickery. i have noticed, however, that europeans tend to talk as a collective when dick waving, yet are entirely independent when they get a chance to talk down to an american. funny that

and the more important thing to note here is, TEXAS IS A PART OF THE US.
    Europe or the EU =/= the US, STOP THINKING LIKE THAT anything done in Texas is done in the US, anything done in say GB is done in GB not "Europe"
    so blanket statements to nation bash are fine in your mind? color me not surprised. i dont think uk and europe are the same as the US, obviously you missed the point. i lived in uk for 3 years, which im guessing is longer than you lived in the us. maybe it's time to stop trying to find a way to flame somebody and address what they actually have said instead of what you wanted them to have said, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    It all comes down to who do you trust. No one is infallible. I suspect that the classified US Government documents do verify the regime's responsibility based on my assumption that President Obama wouldn't be pushing this so hard so publicly if he didn't have relatively concrete evidence. The President remembers the mistakes of the Bush administration and would be very careful not to repeat them.
    Quite frankly, I don't trust Obama or anyone in his administration further than I could spit them. Obama routinely and regularly exaggerates, stretches the truth to the breaking point, uses distantly related 'facts' to justify much larger statements, and otherwise wrests data in order to justify himself that most 'normal' people would call a lie or deception in a real conversation. He constantly tells people, "The experts agree with me..." What he doesn't tell them is that he's only talking about ONE or TWO "experts" who he hand-picked because they are in lockstep with Obama while he ignores 10,000 other experts who say the opposite. He does this with literally everything.

He did it with Obamacare - constantly citing reports that (after the fact) were all proven false to justify how it would 'save money', and how 'if you like your doctor, you can keep him', and 'the average family will save 2,000 a year..." All of them were complete and total lies - but lies he could puke into the public because he found some jerkwad who said the things Obama liked, and so Obama would just quote that jerkwad and told the world "Hey - the experts agree with me... Trust me on this!" This is what Obama does.

Pick the issue - Obama does the same thing... He finds isolated, unrelated "facts" here and there and splices them together into a big huge deceptive narrative that he slings at the public. The IRS scandal, Benghazi, Egypt, Obamacare, the Gun Control debate, Beergate, you pick the issue or story and Obama has followed the same modus operandi time after time. Therefore, If Obama wants to hit Syria then I know almost for a fact that he's doing the same thing now. He's taking isolated bits of intelligence, wrapping them up into a deceptive narrative, and asking the nation to just let him do what he wants without seeing the details until it is too late.

So, gotta disagree with you. Obama is the last person on the planet I would 'trust' to give me the straight story. He's a proven liar, and he isn't worthy of any trust at all.