Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Screw Alextraza, Screw Deathwing, Screw Galakrond, Who is This Behemoth?

This may be old news, but it's still unanswered and I feel it deserves a thread.

So, we know that LK was trying to raise Galakrond, the "biggest" and "most powerful" dragon who ever lived. HOWEVER! at the end of the path of titans and in the sea, there is a skeleton that is much bigger than galakrond's.

In THIS VIDEO it compares the hieght of alextraza, galakrond, and the mystery skeleton.

Alextraza= 24 gnomes tall

Galakrond eye socket= 6 gnomes tall

Mystery dragon eye socket= 15 gnomes tall

He can be seen on the map aswell

The skeleton in question-

2 expansions later pretty much everyone has forgotten about this thing. There has been no blizzard response regarding it, and all we have is speculation.

One of the speculations are that this guy is Manta, but even manta doesn't have that much story behind him besides that he was pretty much the most powerful entity in the world, then some guy shot him and he died.

I really hope this guy gets used somehow other than just another skeleton in dragonblight, he has end boss potential imo since blizzard has lots of room to work with since his story is pretty much non-existant.

What do you think?
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-08-28 at 10:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    gnomes tall? what is that a new height measurement system? :P

to be honest there are certain stuff that we never got to hear more about. remember that big snake tail in Gundrak?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking Christ, I made it through 2 minutes of that video. Damn that guy is annoying.
    I'll just go look at the fucking thing myself.
    Anyway, the Manta thing seems like the most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to go there sometime and actually see it for myself.
    Yeah why doesn't the Scourge Forces use it to their advantage?
    Water is not gonna hurt them at all would it?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    gnomes tall? what is that a new height measurement system? :P

to be honest there are certain stuff that we never got to hear more about. remember that big snake tail in Gundrak?
    Hey well since there is no measurement system in WoW you gotta improvise!

And yeah I remember that thing, just seems weird that someone would add in something that totally contradicts the game and just ignores it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

And yeah I remember that thing, just seems weird that someone would add in something that totally contradicts the game and just ignores it.
    consider them intresting things that keeps zone-explorers busy not everything has to be explained. sometimes a little mystery adds to the fun.

Can you upload a picture of this mysterious dragon of yours? Not just a map with some apparent random circles?
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, first time i heard of these (i didn't used to go into forums in the Lich King era)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah World of Warcraft is filled with many, many creatures we will never learn about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    Fucking Christ, I made it through 2 minutes of that video. Damn that guy is annoying.
    I fixed the link so it starts from the part with the actual measurement.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of it being Manta makes sense, but like the snake-tail in Gundrak it was probably just a cool thing a dev did for fun without any roots in the lore.

Whatever it is, I'd like to see a living one whenever we get the chance to explore the depths around the Maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    Can you upload a picture of this mysterious dragon of yours? Not just a map with some apparent random circles?
    http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...310_132025.jpg
    http://rayneandiron.files.wordpress....113_180702.jpg
    http://rayneandiron.files.wordpress....113_180640.jpg
    Last edited by Xiphan; 2013-08-28 at 09:58 PM.

Random huge Skeleton.

Bad explanation i know but there are some big skeletons in Vashj'ir as well, though only reachable with far sight, also there are some huge Snake Skeletons in Desolace.

Blizzard may use it, or never, since this Skeletons lies in the Dragonblight they might be reluctant to use it, for obvious reasons.

I remember seeing it when flying between the Dragonblight and Howling Fjord battle pet tamers. It was indeed incredibly big. What I noticed is that it wasn't an actualy model. It was actually textured onto the ground. Much like a grafiti.

These giant creatures in WoW really get me. Whale Shark is an awesome boss because it is so incredibly big. I really want to see Galakrond as a boss though.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the video is shown the skeleton (i'm going to warm you... the guy is quite irritating)

10+ Year Old Account
    It shows it in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    I fixed the link so it starts from the part with the actual measurement.
    I understand you didn't like the link.... but atleast you see a link. Where is this damned link :/

- - - Updated - - -

found it...ya

What about the giant dragon skeleton in Un'guro that created the tar pits?
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2013-08-28 at 10:04 PM.

Fun Little fact to entertain you: In cataclysm, an even BIGGER skeleton can be found. it's unreachable, I only found it cause I chased all the Puzzle Box of Yog-Saron rumors, and was able to view it with far sight. Too lazy to log on and take pics, so here's directions: If you go as far South as at all possible with out dying to fatigue in Vashjir, far far out in Deep sea you can see a giant Pearl, seeming not that big cause of the distance. it is surrounded by bones on simply mind blowing scales. Which makes at least 2 sets of skeletons bigger than Galakrond, the creature "so big the only comparable thing was himself". yea right :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    The idea of it being Manta makes sense, but like the snake-tail in Gundrak it was probably just a cool thing a dev did for fun without any roots in the lore.

Whatever it is, I'd like to see a living one whenever we get the chance to explore the depths around the Maelstrom.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...310_132025.jpg
    http://rayneandiron.files.wordpress....113_180702.jpg
    http://rayneandiron.files.wordpress....113_180640.jpg
    Goddamn, those eyes were scary o.O
    and as other've said, it's probably manta (unless manta is supposed to be your run-off the mill mantaray)

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    In the video is shown the skeleton (i'm going to warm you... the guy is quite irritating)
    I found him amusing :c
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.