Computer resetting itself

Hi Everyone,

My computer is currently resetting itself every 20 - 30 minutes while I'm playing WoW, and sometimes just when surfing the net. It also does this when there is more than one USB in the front USB compartments. When I play wow, I don't have any other programs open, apart from google chrome. My computer is a very low budget computer, that runs off:

450w Power Supply
    AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core processor
    AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series graphics
    8GB RAM installed

Anyone know what the problem might be? Personally, I am looking at the power supply to the graphics cards and wondering if the issue is not enough power getting to the card. Please let me know if I've left anything off the list of components that needs to be added.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Farath; 2013-08-29 at 05:05 AM.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) What brand/model power supply?
    2) Have you checked temps on the cpu via HWmonitor or Coretemp?
    3) DOes this problem go away if you remove USB stuff from the front?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

1) At the moment, I am not able to open the case up and take a look at the brand. However, this is the brand of the case which the supply came with. ATX Delux Case + 450w PSU
    2) No, I haven't. I will when I get the chance though.
    3) It can, but it doesn't always.

Deleted
    Hi there Farath, Chazus has asked two questions already. To add to those have you installed any new software recently?. I had the same issue and mine was due to windows trying to shut itself down. have a look at the power-saving settings to make sure. When did the issue start occurring was it from day one?

Deleted
    Most likely the power supply. PSU's that come with the cases are quite bad and don't have the power output they claim. Like others have said check your temps and see where you stand.

Deleted
    I had a bad RAM module that did just that.

Deleted
    In response to posts above, there are lots of different factors that could be causing the issue, have a more in-depth look to see temperatures even connections on components. If you don't find anything come back here! we are happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetMan View Post
    Hi there Farath, Chazus has asked two questions already. To add to those have you installed any new software recently?. I had the same issue and mine was due to windows trying to shut itself down. have a look at the power-saving settings to make sure. When did the issue start occurring was it from day one?
    Hi GadgetMan,

It doesn't seem to be any software causing the problem. Just took a look and Windows isn't responsible for this, or so it would seem. I think it is a PSU problem, the computer is just trying to power too much on too little. Taking a look at temperatures with HWmonitor, everything looks normal, nothing over 50 centigrade or 122F.

Deleted
    Hi Farath,

In which case I would consider getting a new PSU. Depending on if you want to upgrade in the future go for a 600w If you just want something to power that system a 550w+ would do the job a treat. Maybe contact the supplier and ask to see if you can get another one or a higher watt one. You might have received a faulty PSU to start with. There are lots of different PSU's out there have a little look around to see what suits you. I don't know the exact model of your GPU but I have just had a look on AMD's website to check the requirements. The lowest card in the 77** series requires a 400w PSU.

Bare in mind your PSU says 430w but sometimes they can be running lower than expected.

I hope you manage to get your system up and running again soon.
    Last edited by mmoccdd297def4; 2013-08-29 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Spelling error

If you're looking for a PSU upgrade I'd seriously suggest you this one. It's kinda overboard for your needs, but it's the best quality you'll find around and it'll probably last you for the next build as well, even if you want to SLI/Crossfire.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    The PSU Fluorescent0 has linked above, is a very good PSU. So good I have the exact one in and older computer!:-)

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll get onto that as soon as possible.