Needing challenge mode advice

So, I am doing challenge modes and I feel like my dps is short. Im usually second and staying just above 50kdps. I am currently running as demo. So, I would like to know a few things. What dps single target am I supposed to be hitting? What is the best spec to be using since 5.4 is coming out soon? Is there a certain way to set up my gear for challenge modes? Im using my raiding set up at the moment in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, I am doing challenge modes and I feel like my dps is short. Im usually second and staying just above 50kdps. I am currently running as demo. So, I would like to know a few things. What dps single target am I supposed to be hitting? What is the best spec to be using since 5.4 is coming out soon? Is there a certain way to set up my gear for challenge modes? Im using my raiding set up at the moment in them.
    I don't know anything about warlock dps but I can tell you as a 3x 9/9 gold exp player that 50k is short. For single target you want to be at 70-80k and for aoe pulls as a lock you can do massive damage (150-300k depending on the amount of mobs). Keep in mind that legendary meta and 2pc/4pc bonuses are disabled so you may have to switch a meta gem. Always spec for what will give you better aoe dps, the faster you clear trash the more time you save in the long run. Also gems give you an advantage in challenge modes. Reforge accordingly, I'm pretty sure challenge mode bosses are not lvl 93 but something like 90 or 91 so you don't need as much hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlyhunk View Post
    I don't know anything about warlock dps but I can tell you as a 3x 9/9 gold exp player that 50k is short. For single target you want to be at 70-80k and for aoe pulls as a lock you can do massive damage (150-300k depending on the amount of mobs). Keep in mind that legendary meta and 2pc/4pc bonuses are disabled so you may have to switch a meta gem. Always spec for what will give you better aoe dps, the faster you clear trash the more time you save in the long run. Also gems give you an advantage in challenge modes. Reforge accordingly, I'm pretty sure challenge mode bosses are not lvl 93 but something like 90 or 91 so you don't need as much hit.
    Where could I locate a guide or site thatll help me reforge for challenge modes? I know we had no one at 70k and only missed scholo gold by 17seconds.

What I recall from doing my challenge modes is that I needed to hit the normal 15% hit cap to avoid missing on bosses. At 12% outside the instance I was still missing (possibly remembering incorrectly, but I think I tried it and had to switch back).

Deleted
    All mobs in cmode counts as lvl 93, so you need 15% hit

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Where could I locate a guide or site thatll help me reforge for challenge modes? I know we had no one at 70k and only missed scholo gold by 17seconds.
    Scholo's timer is very, very lenient. You will have a lot of trouble with MSP and SSB and probably others if that is the case

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    All mobs in cmode counts as lvl 93, so you need 15% hit
    Trash mobs are a mix of lvl 91 & 92, all bosses are 93.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you link your armory?

I did it as Destruction stacking mastery like there's no tomorrow (AKA - I didn't bother changing anything from my raid gear :P). One thing to note: THE LEGENDARY META GEM DOES NOT WORK IN THERE. So get a helm with a normal meta. I was using a 476 PvP helm.