Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    It will get reduced.

Probably 1 year probation, no jail. They'll also expunge it off your record after a certain period of time.

No worries, kid, just don't fuck up again.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Why don't they just give a fine ? Awful waste of money if you ask me (on top of not fitting the "crime", if you can call having the wrong friends that).

worst part is this CHARGE will be visible on your record and it will hurt you, convicted or not, when you attempt to get a job, if convicted, and even if it's a misdemeanor, it will hurt you even worse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    People tend to think they will be fine by themselves. Nobody is no matter how minor the matter is. If you have to go to court for ANYTHING get a lawyer. It's worth the cost.

- - - Updated - - -

This to. If he is willing to steal from someone else. It will steal something from you eventually.
    some people can't afford it, a minor offense can cost thousands just in a retainer fee. i've actually been denied a public defender request too because "i made too much money" but i literally could not afford a lawyer so i had to represent myself. it was a disaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    It will get reduced.

Probably 1 year probation, no jail. They'll also expunge it off your record after a certain period of time.

No worries, kid, just don't fuck up again.
    he's not a juvenile, getting it expunged will require an act of god. it just won't happen. you have a chance if you're tried as a juvenile, but as an adult, it's very rarely possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Just blame it on your *friend*. Problem fixed.
    Lie a bit that you told him its a stupid idea. But say you didnt stop him. Make yourself neutrual.

Anyway...if i were you i would lock your friend on

and give the people that go araund some tomatoes.

Seems like good punisment for a thief.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    Why don't they just give a fine ? Awful waste of money if you ask me (on top of not fitting the "crime", if you can call having the wrong friends that).
    Yeah I was wondering the same.
    In Germany the DA has the possibility to abort criminal proceedings in exchange for the payment of a fine or forced community service below 15 days if the value in dispute is below a certain threshold, so it won't even reach a court (unless you do not accept that, you always have the right to get it before a court).

But it is as it is, and you live where you live, so good luck for your next court date.

You really should have hired a lawyer lol.

On one hand $1000 paying a lawyer + court costs. On the other hand you go in on your own hoping the prosecuting attorney isn't a dick and that you'll find some sympathy, which never works, so you get marked as a criminal on your record for the rest of your life.

I don't even know what to say. Waiting for a public attorney. GL keep us updated.

One thing you may (or may not) want to think about is contacting the DA directly and come to a deal. That way you don't have to pay a lawyer which can cost quite a bit.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    They'll also expunge it off your record after a certain period of time.
    No they won't.
    You may be able to have it expunged but they sure as hell won't do it for you and get ready to spend a few bucks doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    You failed at stealing a $15 dollar bottle? You'd get bullied out of the military academy over here if you didn't at least manage to steal $100 worth of liquor from one of the stores here during hazing season.
    Support our troops

Deleted
    1 day is enough to drop the soap, now for rly, this is just a waste of time and money, they should just give you and your friend some good slaps and leave you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    One thing you may (or may not) want to think about is contacting the DA directly and come to a deal. That way you don't have to pay a lawyer which can cost quite a bit.

Good luck.
    how does one do that? what do you even say?

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post

Good luck.
    Hell no. If the DA is surprising everyone else by being so aggressive in punishment, talking directly to him is the LAST thing he should be doing.

Don't expect a leopard to change its spots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Hell no. If the DA is surprising everyone else by being so aggressive in punishment, talking directly to him is the LAST thing he should be doing.

Don't expect a leopard to change its spots.
    I think that guy probably just watches too many movies

It would cost more to put you in jail for a day and process your release and everything else. Chances are you'll get a slap on the wrist and kick in the ass and told next time your ass is going to be used as a condom.