Deleted

Anyone that's good at reading logs? Lei shen 10 hc.

Hello!

So we're still trying to push lei shen before 5.4 hits. We've got 2 raid days left, our last few raids we've started getting to P3 alot more often. But we're still learning in p3.

It seems the damage sometimes is INSANE, and some other times it's more.... "decent" But we still end up dying.
    I want to find out what exactly is killing us in p3, so we can direct our focus on that and deal with it properly.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225648/
    You can see the latest raid there, dated 04-09. I lost about 2 hours from our raid cause i got disconnected and forgot to do /combatlog when i logged back on, so don't really have alot of tries to check on =/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8kz2ngkdu0mbtc11/
    and
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cxj35l5pir6huwci/

Here's the tries where we got to p3. We've gotten to p3 other times aswell, but as i said didn't have logs for those ones =/

Is there anything you can see in those logs that might help us out?
    Any general tips towards any players/classes/tactics etc?

Our tactic in p3 is to split the raid up into 3 groups.
    1 group with 2 tanks in the middle.
    1 group with 3 dps 1 heal on bouncing platform
    1 group with 3 dps 1 heal on overcharge platform

We have warlock portal going from bouncing -> middle
    We have warlock portal going from overcharge -> middle

So, if overcharge platform gets thunderstruck, they use the portal to get into the middle, healer from other side goes to middle aswell, this ensures us to only get 3 lightning ball spawns. (On our tries we got 4 lightning balls, we only realized that tactic towards the end, to put opposite side healer in the middle aswell). Everyone are focusing the lightning balls while always, ALWAYS staying 8 yards apart for diffusion add.
    The only time people will be stacking is for static shock or when using portals to middle in order to get only 3 lightning ball adds.

We got 1 aura for the first 3 thunderstrucks, 1 on each that is.

Any tips?

You have so many more cooldowns than just aura mastery.

If your boomie goes HOTW he can tranq you up in the winds before the 3rd thunderstruck.

Your ele shammy does next to no healing. On the 9 min attempt he did 521k healing from ancestral guidance. That's a wtf from me. On a similar length wipe ours did over 7 mill during the course of a fight with similar dps. You need to build his CD's into your rotation and make sure he uses them in p3 to take the edge off stuff. He has ancestral guidance he can line up with dps CD's and also HTT.

You can't just walk into the 3rd thunderstruck with an aura mastery. You need stronger stuff. Plan out your CD's, all of them. One pally times his holy prism a lot better than the other too. One did 4.6 mill healing, the other far less than half of that. Timing it right can take people from "critical" in the last phase to "safe".

I'm not good enough at analysing logs to see how many adds you spawn etc but if you use all CD's properly and time prism better it will be an improvement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You have so many more cooldowns than just aura mastery.

If your boomie goes HOTW he can tranq you up in the winds before the 3rd thunderstruck.

Your ele shammy does next to no healing. On the 9 min attempt he did 521k healing from ancestral guidance. That's a wtf from me. On a similar length wipe ours did over 7 mill during the course of a fight with similar dps. You need to build his CD's into your rotation and make sure he uses them in p3 to take the edge off stuff. He has ancestral guidance he can line up with dps CD's and also HTT.

You can't just walk into the 3rd thunderstruck with an aura mastery. You need stronger stuff. Plan out your CD's, all of them. One pally times his holy prism a lot better than the other too. One did 4.6 mill healing, the other far less than half of that. Timing it right can take people from "critical" in the last phase to "safe".

I'm not good enough at analysing logs to see how many adds you spawn etc but if you use all CD's properly and time prism better it will be an improvement.
    That's actually very good points. I had completely disregarded fixing up cd's for p3. Only had auras and went with it. Should help out survivability in p3 alot!
    Does anyone know how many thunderstrucks you usually get in p3? For reference, we upgrade 2 pillars in phase 2 while using 2 healers, so our dps is not amazing.

if you think you will get 5 thunderstruck then you shouldnt be using AM on 1st and 2nd one

and yea what Deja Throis said plan out your cd properly and it should go down

i dont know how many thunderstruck is normal after 5.3 with VP upgrade but my guild killed it ages ago and got like 5-6 thunderstruck
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    if you think you will get 5 thunderstruck then you shouldnt be using AM on 1st and 2nd one

and yea what Deja Throis said plan out your cd properly and it should go down

i dont know how many thunderstruck is normal after 5.3 with VP upgrade but my guild killed it ages ago and got like 5-6 thunderstruck
    When we killed it with a 535 ilvl we barely got 3 : /

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    When we killed it with a 535 ilvl we barely got 3 : /
    We're definitly looking at 4, maybe even 5. And almost all of us have good gear for it. I guess we don't push out as much in p3 as others.
    But getting a cd rotation up where we use everyone and all that they've got is gonna help out alot =)

In p3 aswell, the diffusion adds, do you slow/knockback on them to keep them away as long as possible or just go all out nuking on em?

You kill the diffusion adds. The phase will last at least 2 minutes. The only way to stop them doing damage for that long is to make them dead.

@Idrunkenheal, your post was very helpful to people progressing! *sarcasm*

Deleted
    You kill the diffusion adds. The phase will last at least 2 minutes. The only way to stop them doing damage for that long is to make them dead.

Yes ofcourse, we're putting 100% focus on the adds, totally ignoring boss when adds are up. I'm just wondering if we should be dpsing adds all the time, or slow them/ knock them back so that you reduce damage taken? Or do you just nuke nuke nuke?

They should be top dps priority.

Deleted
    As others have suggested dealing with the adds is critical, although their damage isn't OTT it's the combined damage of winds+diffused lightning+thunderstruck that will often kill people off.

Your general approach to handling ball lightning spawns is sound. Are you ensuring you control them as much as possible though?

Both druids can use ursols vortex at least once in p3, perhaps more, they should drop it on top of the boss, then when the balls jump in they will be around long enough to be cleaved/aoe'd down.

Both protection paladins should be using glyphed holy wrath. Your locks should also be stunning the adds.

Spawning a diffused lightning in melee/into a grp, even if you only get one, is potentially going to produce a lot of dmg since the adds melee attack generates a chain lightning effect. I suspect it's better to have your range move in for the boss for thunderstruck, but move out again immediately after the balls spawn.

I assume you paladins and locks are already stunning the diffused lightning? The paladins can also BoP anyone it spawns on, it will remain fixated on that target but since it will be unable to melee it won't generate any damage.

Helpful in that if your 10 ilvls higher and your looking at getting 5 then you and i can't stress this enough might be doing something wrong. Higher dps on the boss not only means a faster kill but makes the fight significantly easier. You have less damage from winds. Higher amount of thunderstrucks that have cds. Less chances for someone to screw up ball lightning and diffusion adds.

If you have a dk grip the first and 3rd set of ball lightnings and have a stun on them and passively aoe them down (BOSS DAMAGE IS CRITICAL). If you don't have a grip make sure ranged our spread (which they should be) and melee spread a few yards out not only when they spawn but when they are out. Range can also come close to melee and still be spread I think anything < 10 yards from the boss is considered melee, just make sure you always have 3 ranged out.