Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by elfox View Post
    soloing content has always been around ;P Be it boosting lowbies through DM for 5g as a lvl 60 or what else. It can all be considered soloing. You mention you died in brd when trying to solo it as a mage, and I honestly can't recall anything like that.. I had a pretty crap mage (pre-kara gear) and did brd just fine.

The first "real" solo'ing experience I've had started in wotlk, since i hadn't played any good solo classes prior to wotlk. Did 2man Durnholde and Steamvaults at lvl 70 with my friend as 2 boomkins though.
    "Soloing" not Duoing. Think you missed out on the entirity of the thread.
    Outlevelling content isnt soloing.
    Soloing current content is soloing. (Current content = same expansion, atm u can outgear the early MoP HC's though)

Hunters were able to solo a boss in BWL back in classic.
    Item squish is not going to affect soloing in any way. GC said that your items are only squished in new content, world and pvp, but in old content your items get boosted. Lets imagine that after the squish your average ilvl is 200, it will stay 200 in new content, but when you enter an old raid, for example naxxramas, your ilvl jumps back to the pre squish 540 (or whatever). Blizzard also might have different ilvl for different old content, just to keep somekind of challenge there.

i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz | R9 280X | Samsung Evo 250GB

Field Marshal
    I started in TBC I can't quite remember what I were soloing though :P remember using the term and liking the challenge, was very noob back then so probably was something really easy that I thought was tough

Doing SM GY for blue's and gold to save for 100g in vanilla.