Deleted

I am sure I am playing my druid wrong

I am just now starting to level from 85 to 90 and I was wondering if you fellow droods are doing any stance dancing? I am feral specced, so I play 100% as a cat, except for when I heal myself after a tough fight. Do you sometimes switch to bear form as well or does cat do all you would ever want to as a pure dps spec?

Any other further nuances of the class that I may have missed while leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    I am just now starting to level from 85 to 90 and I was wondering if you fellow droods are doing any stance dancing? I am feral specced, so I play 100% as a cat, except for when I heal myself after a tough fight. Do you sometimes switch to bear form as well or does cat do all you would ever want to as a pure dps spec?

Any other further nuances of the class that I may have missed while leveling?
    Are you solo or in a group? PvE or PvP? If you're soloing, yes, you should switch to heal yourself or go bear if you get a lot of mobs. PvP requires a lot of switching. If you're raiding or in a dungeon as feral you should likely stay cat most of the time but to pop an emergency heal or innervate or brez or tranq, you'd obviously switch.

Signature Created by Jassinta

as solo leveling feral off healing and defensives are great when you pull a few to many mobs, i barely change stances as changing stances will most likely just get you killed when you can pop a barkskin or a survival instincts and just off heal yourself with predatory swiftness/nature's swiftness procs which are really OP while leveling.

Besides the every now and then travel form to get away from a mob i do not want to fight while in combat, i stay in cat form about 99% of the time.

and predatory swiftness is really important that you understand how it works as a feral you should almost never need to swap out of form as long as you have something to hit and spend 5 combo points on and once you spend those 5 combo points on you can Healing touch yourself for alot or you can instantly brez from cat form. all in all as feral there should be very few times that you are not in cat form.(tranq pretty much only reason as innervate gives 6k mana at 90)
    Last edited by Domatic; 2013-08-31 at 08:33 PM.

While it may have changed since MoP went live or when I tested some things on the beta, it wasn't uncommon to have the need to shift to Bear Form while leveling as Feral for survival if you pulled more than one mob in certain areas. Actually, I found it technically faster to level as Guardian form 85 to 90 because of the survivability gain, although there have been quite a few tweaks since MoP went live. Regardless, there's no shame going to Bear Form if you have your kitty bleeds up and you need to survive... although there should be a moderate threat to your survival to go Bear Form since Feral has other survival tools for light threats.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville