Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

This is a joke blizzard! Bad day today

So today i woke up, checked my emails and saw i had a message from Blizzard,

***Greetings,

Blizzard has locked the Battle.net account ********@hotmail.co.uk due to an unusual change in its access pattern.

If you recently changed your connection pattern, you can unlock your account with a simple password reset. Visit the Password Reset page to begin the process. The form can also be reached by clicking “Can’t log in” on any Battle.net login page.

If you did not recently change your connection pattern, someone else may have attempted to access your account using your password. We encourage you to follow our security checklist to secure your computer, and then performing a Password Reset to unlock access.

Once you’ve regained access, consider adding Battle.net SMS Protect, a free service that allows you to quickly recover your Battle.net account using a mobile device. For more information, see the SMS Protect FAQ.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment ****

So i checked my game to see if it was actually blocked, it was so not a great start to the day

My email filter says its real so did as it asked, told me a follow up email with password reset would be sent to my email account, well that was 2 hours ago still no new email

So decided to check the forums for Blizzards UK helpline number, could i find it? nope every damned country except the UK was listed, so after an intensive search on Google finally located it, but get this doesn't open till 1030am?! wtf?! that's hours away, so cant ask them for help

So went back online to blizzards help forums, well cant ask for help on there AS YOU'VE LOCKED MY ACCOUNT!!!, filled out some form online and got

*** Sorry due to a system error we cannot update your account, please use the following link to unlock your account***

takes me back to the original bloody form i filled out!!!

After filling out the forms from https://eu.battle.net/account/suppor...UNLOCK_ACCOUNT, i get

***Action Required: Confirmation E-mail Sent
    A confirmation e-mail has been sent to your registered e-mail address. Click the link in this e-mail to complete the password reset process. You will be prompted to create a new password during this final step.***

No confirmation email yet received so that doesnt work

Is this a joke?! I have an authenticator so really pissed this thing doesn't work, help lines don't open till hours later, online help wont work as my account is locked, email system is a joke as they don't send you following emails, so what do i do now?

NOTHING I CAN DO!!! not till the help line opens and then i don't hold any hope of getting my account back. Thankyou Blizzard for making my day so joyfull!

PS im not bothered that i cant play, im bothered that i cant get help to sort this out
    Last edited by mmoc5a1741643d; 2013-08-29 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    Sounds like you got scammed

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a little patience? Read a book, play some other games, get caught up on some television series. Lots of stuff you can do to occupy only a couple hours while you wait for support lines to be up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    just listen to justin timberlake's "cry me a river".... best in your situation....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Have a little patience?
    This is no time for rational advice :P

Fuck, you can't play wow for an hour of your life. What a disaster. Someone call the medics, he's having a stroke.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

This generally happens if you access your account from another country (or if for example you have a guildy logging into your account to do dailies or w/e while you're on holiday). While I agree that it is a bit inconvenient, better safe than sorry?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    Sounds like you got scammed
    No wasn't a scam i checked my game 1st before i clicked on the email, and it was locked and said an email had already been sent to my account my email system has a green shield when a company is legit, and fake blizzards come up with a red shield and the go into my junk folder.

This shit happens to me all the time

If ever my modem gets reset and my IP gets changed blizz instantly thinks my game has been hacked so i have to keep going changing passwords etc etc

Dont worry about OP be thankful blizz takes care and try to do safe guards from stopping your account being fucked

It happens to me when i log into the WoW armory from my phone, and when i don't play for long stretches of time. My account must have been locked 14 times this year

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Fuck, you can't play wow for an hour of your life. What a disaster. Someone call the medics, he's having a stroke.
    Thats not the issue im not bothered about that, what im pissed about is the bloody run around since 8 am this morning and lack of support from blizzard, basically if u get locked ur fucked till 1030am!

Quote Originally Posted by Englishlady View Post
    but get this doesn't open till 1030am?! wtf?! that's hours away, so cant ask them for help
    Laughed pretty hard here.

Nothing worse than being unable to play WoW for a few hours. Not sure how you'll manage to survive, seems pretty unbearable.

Perhaps you should go outside, or play a different game, or read a book, or go back to bed. I'd probably do the latter option, personally, because sleep is amazing. Anyway, I'm sure you'll live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can 100%, absolutely, positively, most certainly, guarantee that you will survive this hard trial in your life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    This generally happens if you access your account from another country (or if for example you have a guildy logging into your account to do dailies or w/e while you're on holiday). While I agree that it is a bit inconvenient, better safe than sorry?
    Played it last night then went to bed, didnt sleep walk to another country so must of been hacked, but i have a battlenet authenticator so show me how crap they really are

Deleted
    Thats not the issue im not bothered about that, what im pissed about is the bloody run around since 8 am this morning and lack of support from blizzard, basically if u get locked ur fucked till 1030am!
    I don't understand. You are complaining they have an automated service which works during off-peak hours which helps safeguard your account from unauthorised entry? Would you prefer that either Blizzard did nothing and allowed your account to be hacked from China or hire some 24 hour staff thus hiking up their prices?

I had this happen a couple of years ago and I just changed my password via battlenet and it let me back into the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Laughed pretty hard here.

Nothing worse than being unable to play WoW for a few hours. Not sure how you'll manage to survive, seems pretty unbearable.

Perhaps you should go outside, or play a different game, or read a book, or go back to bed. I'd probably do the latter option, personally, because sleep is amazing. Anyway, I'm sure you'll live.
    Dont think you get what im getting across here, i dont care that i cant play it, i pissed about how there is no support, if ur account is locked there is sweet fa you can do, a million hoops jumped and still no account, been given the run around all morning, and i expect it will be the same when the phone lines finally open. Thats whats pissed me off

https://eu.battle.net/account/suppor...UNLOCK_ACCOUNT

There you go.

This info can be found by count on the frontpage by going - Account > Can't log in > I'm currently locked out of my account.

I had this countless of times when logging in from various locations.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So today i woke up, checked my emails and saw i had a message from Blizzard,

***Greetings,

Blizzard has locked the Battle.net account ********@hotmail.co.uk due to an unusual change in its access pattern.

If you recently changed your connection pattern, you can unlock your account with a simple password reset. Visit the Password Reset page to begin the process. The form can also be reached by clicking “Can’t log in” on any Battle.net login page.

If you did not recently change your connection pattern, someone else may have attempted to access your account using your password. We encourage you to follow our security checklist to secure your computer, and then performing a Password Reset to unlock access.

Once you’ve regained access, consider adding Battle.net SMS Protect, a free service that allows you to quickly recover your Battle.net account using a mobile device. For more information, see the SMS Protect FAQ.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment ****

So i checked my game to see if it was actually blocked, it was so not a great start to the day

My email filter says its real so did as it asked, told me a follow up email with password reset would be sent to my email account, well that was 2 hours ago still no new email

So decided to check the forums for Blizzards UK helpline number, could i find it? nope every damned country except the UK was listed, so after an intensive search on Google finally located it, but get this doesn't open till 1030am?! wtf?! that's hours away, so cant ask them for help

So went back online to blizzards help forums, well cant ask for help on there AS YOU'VE LOCKED MY ACCOUNT!!!, filled out some form online and got

*** Sorry due to a system error we cannot update your account, please use the following link to unlock your account***

takes me back to the original bloody form i filled out!!!

Is this a joke?! I have an authenticator so really pissed this thing doesn't work, help lines don't open till hours later, online help wont work as my account is locked, email system is a joke as they don't send you following emails, so what do i do now?

NOTHING I CAN DO!!! not till the help line opens and then i don't hold any hope of getting my account back. Thankyou Blizzard for making my day so joyfull!
    Nothing you can do? You COULD actually wait for the helpline, but waiting seems to be too much to ask.
    This happened to me once, apparently my account had been hijacked or was suspended because they thought that might've happened. I solved that without ever contacting support, so I'm not sure why you can't.
    You have an authenticator? Did you have that prior to this? If so, your computer is probably compromised and you should take serious steps to protect yourself. That, or perhaps you were doing something you haven't told us...

Dont think you get what im getting across here, i dont care that i cant play it, i pissed about how there is no support, if ur account is locked there is sweet fa you can do, a million hoops jumped and still no account, been given the run around all morning, and i expect it will be the same when the phone lines finally open. Thats whats pissed me off
    I've had my account locked, a couple of times actually. In fact, twice in one week because a mistake. I've never once made a phone call into Blizzard, ever. Their online support is excellent and I've solved every problem I've ever had online.

No hoops to jump through at all, I've never even had an online ticket take more than a couple hours. Usually they're within 30 minutes from what I've seen.